Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:deadrose::deadrose:
House of 1000 Chainsaws: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 and Rob Zombie

:ohhh::smugdraper:

house-of-1000-corpses.jpg
Additionally, there is some powerful parallel imagery in both films. Both Hooper and Zombie employ the use of harsh red and green lighting to create an odd sense of tampered spatial awareness in their sets and scenery. The Sawyer family’s underground lair seems to be an endless labyrinth of the macabre with twists and turns at every corner while the Firefly compound and the underground home of Dr. Satan have the same sense of surreal architecture as characters stumble and scream their way through the shadowy landscape.

The films seem to exploit the horror of a small decision leading to a vortex of hellish terror at the hands of redneck savages. A deeper study of these films would likely unveil a deeper theme of the destruction of the privileged upper class (the kids in House of 1000 Corpses, Stretch the radio DJ) by the hardworking lower class(the Sawyer and Firefly clans), but that’s a whole different discussion.

Cinematic horror Genius level shyt
:ohlawd:

Though there is no official, recognized connection between the films, House of 1000 Corpses can be seen as a spiritual companion piece to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, and brings the story out of the 80’s and into the post-9/11 era of horror cinema.

Watching these two films back-to-back really makes you wonder how things might’ve went if Rob Zombie had been given the Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise to reboot rather than the Halloween series.

Time will tell - :coffee: seems like a natural progression that he could get that TCM remake 2- 2022 directorial nod
0b866f01124fbfe0f5e48f6a03ffdfb8_w200.gif
I have posted in this thread before that Zombie should've been picked to do a Texas Chainsaw reboot instead of Halloween because his aesthetic fits the Chainsaw franchise much better.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I’m not talking about that one . The TCM franchise for me didn’t start until the 2003 release, the one with Jessica Beihl, you jumping froggy jackass and all he did was wear human masks - idk about all of that other shyt. You can stfu about all that .
:hhh:
CTRB.gif

85f0865938d312b3a67e866f0e5fb768.gif
Your personal opinions of what counts or not has no bearing on this discussion.
Leatherface has cross-dressed in multiple movies so it's canon. That's just something you're going to have to deal with.:ufdup:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I've been heavily anticipating this one and I still don't know what it's gonna be about other than Wan dipping his feet into giallo water. Just glad he's back on the horror streets. :smugdraper:

It's crazy that Malignant was supposed to come out in 2020 but got pushed back because of the pandemic yet we still know almost nothing about it other than the cast, that it will be Rated-R (Strong horror violence, gruesome images, and for language) and will be released to theaters + HBO Max at the same time this year.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Shudder streaming dates for new horror movies
  • The Queen of Black Magic (January 28)
  • A Nightmare Wakes (February 4)
  • After Midnight (February 11)
  • Shook (February 18)
  • The Dark and the Wicked (February 25)
  • Lucky (March 4)
  • Stay Out of the F—ing Attic (March 11)
  • Koko-Di, Koko-Da (March 18)
  • Slaxx (March 18)
  • Violation (March 25)
Despite the disruption to much of the entertainment industry in 2020, Shudder had its most successful year since the service launched in 2015. It recorded record subscription numbers, and its zoom-based found footage movie Host was one of the most talked-about movies of the year.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I got Shudder and my homie told me to checkout the 80's slasher SleepAway Camp because it has a wild ended. All I can say is :ohhh::francis:
Did you watch the ending?? All I can say is that it left my 7 yr old self disturbed at an age that I should have never watched it. Blame it on my dad not knowing how to properly parent a girl :mjlol:.he didn’t know how to tell me no, and I grew up with all boys in my family, I’m the only girl (and the youngest at that time in a family of brothers )so what they watched - I would whine to say that I’m old enough to watch too. But for this movie -smh :francis:slept with my light on for like a week and my parents bed the next, couldn’t get the mental image out of my mind.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I got Shudder and my homie told me to checkout the 80's slasher SleepAway Camp because it has a wild ended. All I can say is :ohhh::francis:
Definitely check that out -also
Monstrum
Host
The Cleansing Hour
I’m watching “the soul collector “
Blood quantum
Blood vessel
Wolf Creek - the series
Creep show series
Cursed
Revenge
Pale Door
Belzebuth

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
It's crazy that Malignant was supposed to come out in 2020 but got pushed back because of the pandemic yet we still know almost nothing about it other than the cast, that it will be Rated-R (Strong horror violence, gruesome images, and for language) and will be released to theaters + HBO Max at the same time this year.
Lol on one hand, not knowing anything is pretty cool and adds onto the mystery of it all but damn can we get a teaser at least? :damn:

Grateful he's back in the department because these "Produced by James Wan" joints haven't really been my thing.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Jeez, Flanagan is a workhorse. I'm wondering if this was the reason he wasn't as involved on the directing and writing front in Bly Manor too. His absence made it a one and done show for me as Hill House was just more grand on the storytelling side. I was legit terrified for those characters. The camerawork and HBO-level presentation puts the season up there with the all-time greats.

Rahul was one of the more interesting characters in Bly Manor so I'm glad he was casted in this. Glad Flanagan's back as the sole director.