Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Things are getting crazy, I did not know about the new bill until I received an email from this gun shop in my area.

I'm done with any new guns for a while, but I still check calguns.com periodically and had seen this pop up. In California, we have to be especially on top of the ever changing laws because we can quickly end up on the wrong end of the shyt stick if we're not paying attention.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I'm done with any new guns for a while, but I still check calguns.com periodically and had seen this pop up. In California, we have to be especially on top of the ever changing laws because we can quickly end up on the wrong end of the shyt stick if we're not paying attention.
Thats why I love the souf

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Tracking California firearms legislation

Signed

As of July 1, 2016
SB 1235: Ammunition
Requires a background check for the purchase of ammunition. Purchase would would be entered into a database. Those who sell ammunition would be licensed.

Sponsors:

• Kevin De León, Democratic Senator from District 24

Signed

As of July 1, 2016
SB 1446: Firearms: magazine capacity
Makes it illegal for a person to possess a magazine that holds more than ten rounds. Owners of magazines that hold more than ten rounds would have to sell them out of state or to licensed firearms dealers, turn them over to police or destroy them within a year.

Sponsors:

• Loni Hancock, Democratic Senator from District 9

Signed

As of July 1, 2016
SB 880: Firearms: assault weapons
Closes the bullet button loophole by expanding the definition of "assault weapon" to include semi-automatic rifles with magazines easily detachable by using a tool to press a "bullet button".

Sponsors:

• Isadore Hall, Democratic Senator from District 35
  • Steven M. Glazer, Democratic Senator from District 7

Signed

As of July 1, 2016
AB 1135: Firearms: assault weapons
Closes the bullet button loophole by expanding the definition of "assault weapon" to include semi-automatic rifles with magazines easily detachable by using a tool to press a "bullet button".

Sponsors:

• Marc Levine, Democratic Representative from District 10
  • Philip Y. Ting, Democratic Representative from District 19
  • David Chiu, Democratic Representative from District 17

Signed

As of July 1, 2016
AB 1511: Firearms: lending
Creates restrictions when it comes to lending someone a firearm who is not an immediate relative or domestic partner.

Sponsors:

• Miguel Santiago, Democratic Representative from District 53
  • David Chiu, Democratic Representative from District 17

Signed

As of July 1, 2016
AB 1695: Firearms: false reports of stolen firearms
Makes it a misdemeanor to falsely report a gun as stolen, and bans the person making the reports from buying another firearm for ten years.

Sponsors:

• Rob Bonta, Democratic Representative from District 18
X
Vetoed

As of July 1, 2016
AB 1674: Firearms: transfers
Limits rifle purchases in California to no more than one each month, similar to an existing law for handguns. Private sales or transfers of handguns do not count against the one per month limit. The are exceptions for purchases at charity auctions or when the previous owner has died.

Sponsors:

• Miguel Santiago, Democratic Representative from District 53
X
Vetoed

As of July 1, 2016
AB 1673: Firearms: unfinished frame or receiver
Defines the body of a firearm as a firearm, and would thus require the same steps as purchasing a completed gun. The frame would have to have a registration number and a background check would be required to purchase.

Sponsors:

• Mike A. Gipson, Democratic Representative from District 64
X
Vetoed

As of July 1, 2016
AB 2607: Firearm restraining orders
Adds co-workers to those who can ask a court for a restraining order that prevents a person from owning a gun.

Sponsors:

• Philip Y. Ting, Democratic Representative from District 19
X
Vetoed

As of July 1, 2016
SB 894: Firearms: lost or stolen: reports
Requires gun owners to report theft or loss of a firearm to a local law enforcement agency within five days.

Sponsors:

• Hannah-Beth Jackson, Democratic Senator from District 19
X
Vetoed

As of July 1, 2016
AB 1176: Theft: firearms
Makes theft of a gun a felony and would need to be approved by voters on the Nov. 8 statewide ballot. Purchase of a stolen firearm could be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony.

Sponsors:

• Jim Cooper, Democratic Representative from District 9
  • Adam C. Gray, Democratic Representative from District 21
  • Melissa A. Melendez, Republican Representative from District 67

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I get that it's his fault, but what I said is that it's going to get way worse once his term is over.