Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Bout to buy a 9mm brehs.

Interested in a Beretta 92fs or a Springfield XD.

Not really for CnC cuz i dont mind packin a full size...just interested in peoples experiences with either.
I own a 92f and taught my kid to shoot with it his first time on the range. It's pure butta with its accuracy and you can't go wrong with this purchase...
However the Springfield XD just melts in the palm of your hand so perfectly and is a joy to shoot. The design does have an aggressive appearance with sharp edges but since you don't plan on cc'ing it, it will make a nice pistol for your home protection.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I was carrying a Smith and Wesson .40 for a year or so but concealing it started to become a hassle. Today I keep a Bersa Thunder .380 on me with Hornady Hollow Points. Accuracy on this thing is crazy too. I keep a Remington 12 gauge in the house. I've had my eye on an all black Kimber 1911 for a while. As far as ARs go, I like the M16 but honestly if I was going to get one I would go for the AK first.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Go with a S&W 15-22 instead. You know both of these are .22 AR's? They're my favorite to shoot, but just a heads up.
On another forum someone mentioned they have no "stopping power". And i noticed the description called this a "training rifle" i assume this is pretty much a glorified bb gun?

Maybe i should hold off and just focus on getting more training and them saving up for something more legit. Im not into guns what so ever but i do understand that for home defense they are necessary.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
On another forum someone mentioned they have no "stopping power". And i noticed the description called this a "training rifle" i assume this is pretty much a glorified bb gun?

Maybe i should hold off and just focus on getting more training and them saving up for something more legit. Im not into guns what so ever but i do understand that for home defense they are necessary.

Yeah, it's not a standard AR. I wouldn't buy a .22 rifle strictly for self defense. They do have their uses outside of training, such as hunting small game, and they're really fun to shoot though. If you're interested in picking up a long gun, it's a great time to buy right now. With Obama going out of office and elections looming around the corner, prices and availability are going to skyrocket pretty soon. If you're looking to pick one up on a budget I would suggest getting an AK from Atlantic or an AR from Palmetto. If you with an AK I would avoid the Century kits, and if you go with an AR from Palmetto, I would make sure to go for one made with a barrell made by FN. This basically means stay away from their Freedom and P-Tac lines.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yeah, it's not a standard AR. I wouldn't buy a .22 rifle strictly for self defense. They do have their uses outside of training, such as hunting small game, and they're really fun to shoot though. If you're interested in picking up a long gun, it's a great time to buy right now. With Obama going out of office and elections looming around the corner, prices and availability are going to skyrocket pretty soon. If you're looking to pick one up on a budget I would suggest getting an AK from Atlantic or an AR from Palmetto. If you with an AK I would avoid the Century kits, and if you go with an AR from Palmetto, I would make sure to go for one made with a barrell made by FN. This basically means stay away from their Freedom and P-Tac lines.
Would you be able to link me to good items sub 600 or do they not exist?

Would it be ideal to buy the gun now and then take classes using it to train or train and becom skilled first then shop for a gun? I would assume gun prices will be good up until the next election is what you mean?

Im not trying to spen 1k on a gun honestly, and if i were to id rather be confident in my skills and ability to maintain the gun before doing it.

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes

Would it be ideal to buy the gun now and then take classes using it to train or train and becom skilled first then shop for a gun? I would assume gun prices will be good up until the next election is what you mean?

Im not trying to spen 1k on a gun honestly, and if i were to id rather be confident in my skills and ability to maintain the gun before doing it.
I took classes first and trained on different guns at the range during my process and thoroughly learned about different guns then I bought the guns I did research on and liked. I also had associates w/guns and I would test them out which also allowed me to further educate myself prior to purchase.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps

You're on the right track. I'd get it on the cheap while you can and then take a training course. I highly recommended the Project Appleseed Home class I recommended earlier in the thread. It's two days long and only $60, you provide the ammo. The instructors are dope too, at least ours were. I went with my friend who is black and we both had a great experience. The premise of the class is based on the american revolution and teaching people to protect themselves from a tyrannical government vs training people how to shoot their neighbors if/when the world falls apart. Our accuracy increased exponentially after taking it. Make sure to own a sling for your rifle prior to attending.

Gun nuts lose their minds around election times and start hoarding ammo and hardware. Don't buy from cheaperthandirt.com. They're some scumbags that were charging $130 for $10 magazines when Obama first got elected. Palmettos shipping department is horrendous but their prices for what you get is unbeatable. PrimaryArms is a great vendor too.

This is a nice AK for $650:
O-PAP AK47 Rifle M70

Here's some sub $600 (minus optic) AR's I'd recommend. You'll have to add a lower receiver and optic of your choice to these kits though. Some assembly is required but it's a great way to learn about your gun and a great skillset to have. Youtube tutorials are abundant. I'm also just a PM away if you or anybody else has any questions.

Lower receiver (you will need to have this shipped to a licensed gun dealer "FFL"):
Palmetto State Armory Liberty Lower - 1535

Optic are subjective, but I'm really impressed with these red dots. I rank them very close to my $700 aimpoint t-1:
Holosun Technologies PARALOW HS403G Red Dot Sight - HS403G - Primary Arms

Rifle Kits
PSA 14.7" CHF Mid Light Weight Pinned Rifle Kit - 8987
PSA 16" Mid Length 5.56 NATO 1:7 Premium Rifle Kit - 505387
PSA 16" CHF Mid-length Rifle Kit - 8978

You'll also need these things for maintenance:
Midwest Industries AR-15/M4 Stock Wrench - MI-ESW - Primary Arms
BoreSnake for .22 Cal., 223, 5.56mm. - 24011 - Primary Arms
Winchester 14-Piece Brass Steel Punch Set
Hoppe's #9 Bore Cleaning Solvent Liquid (get the 5oz)
FrogLube CLP Bio-Based Cleaner Lubricant Preservative Liquid

These kits come with triggers but if you're not happy with the ones that are included (they tend to be very heavy and gritty), I would recommend this combo as an upgrade. This gives you a much smoother and crisp single stage trigger that's still heavy and reliable enough for self defense situations at a good price.
ALG Defense Combat Trigger - ACT - 05-199 - Primary Arms
JP Enterprises AR-15 Enhanced ignition spring kit w/ red hammer spring
JoeBob's Trigger Adjuster

I'm a fan of these grips due to the more ergonomic angle too. They also have a storage compartment that I keep Q-Tips and a very small bottle of Froglube in.
BCM GUN FIGHTER's Grip GFG Mod 3 - Black

Last edited:

25YOUTHS!!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried to pick up an ATI 1911 pistol with a threaded barrel for $199 :ohlawd:
But they were all sold out w/in minutes on some Black Friday bs (I tried to get it on Sat.)
Legit called like 6 diff places to no avail :mjcry:

Soon

Banned
Daps
I got the CZ 75 P-01 9mm today.

nlhmhIC.jpg