Sig 229 Stainless Elite
33xbmuo.jpg

Ruger 454 Alaskan
v5zuxt.jpg

That 454 is solid.. I need that one

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
If you arent a sharpshooter Youre better off with a semi auto shotgun in california.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
.22 will go through clothing but if it hits denim or enough layers of any other material, it will slow down the bullet considerably. It might break the skin and enter, but I don't think I would consider it deep enough to call it true penetration.

Short Barrel Rifles are called SBR's. I have one chambered in 300 Blackout which is a 30-06 optimized for 8.5" barrels. On a regular .223 AR you don't want really want to go shorter than 11"s due to the fact that proper ballistics for self defense drop considerably once you go any shorter, though LOTS of people do. I personally wouldn't but I don't knock anybody that does. I wouldn't want to get shot with one either way lol

In California SBR's are illegal, so we have what are called AR Pistols. It's basically a short barrel rifle but without a shoulder pad.
20151014_194158_zpsfyjorbir.jpg
As used in Sections 16530 and 16640, Sections 17720 to 17730, inclusive, Section 17740, Article 1 (commencing with Section 27500) of Chapter 4 of Division 6 of Title 4, and Article 1 (commencing with Section 33210) of Chapter 8 of Division 10 of Title 4, “short-barreled rifle” means any of the following:
(a) A rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length.
(b) A rifle with an overall length of less than 26 inches.
(c) Any weapon made from a rifle (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if that weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length.
(d) Any device that may be readily restored to fire a fixed cartridge which, when so restored, is a device defined in subdivisions (a) to (c), inclusive.
(e) Any part, or combination of parts, designed and intended to convert a device into a device defined in subdivisions (a) to (c), inclusive, or any combination of parts from which a device defined in subdivisions (a) to (c), inclusive, may be readily assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.

Theyll still lock you up if that barrel length is under 16

:usure:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
As used in Sections 16530 and 16640, Sections 17720 to 17730, inclusive, Section 17740, Article 1 (commencing with Section 27500) of Chapter 4 of Division 6 of Title 4, and Article 1 (commencing with Section 33210) of Chapter 8 of Division 10 of Title 4, “short-barreled rifle” means any of the following:
(c) Any weapon made from a rifle (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if that weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length.
(d) Any device that may be readily restored to fire a fixed cartridge which, when so restored, is a device defined in subdivisions (a) to (c), inclusive.
(e) Any part, or combination of parts, designed and intended to convert a device into a device defined in subdivisions (a) to (c), inclusive, or any combination of parts from which a device defined in subdivisions (a) to (c), inclusive, may be readily assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.

It's classified as a pistol since it does not have a shoulerable stock.

Last edited:

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love

It's not a rifle, it's a pistol :troll:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I already did. It can't have a shoulderable buttstock as well as it has to start it's life as a single shot pistol by using a single shot magazine sled. Google and calguns.net is your friend. Stop cluttering this thread if you don't know what you're talking about.

I assembled mine from an 80% receiver but yes, you can buy AR pistols at your local cali gun store. No special license or anything required.

Check out Riflegear.com. They're a great gun shop based out of LA.
Daniel Defense MK18 Pistol FDE

Last edited:

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
I just picked up my new one 3 days ago . . . let me just say this . . no matter what I'm focused on or thinking about it's a constant thought in the back of my mind. So much so that I locked it up in the vault and I'm letting it just simmer, marinate . . stew . . steep in my mind

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Is anybody else into watching Hicock45's youtube channel? He's the only gun vlogger that I can watch.

I watch Hicock45 a lot dude has a crack shot. I also watch the cat named Colion Noir; sometime he does talk too much lol, but he gives good info and he's a good shooter. There are some gun vloggers that I can't watch, because they try to talk like some there some know it all, I hate that just shoot the gun.