Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Here is a pic of the model I own

Also thinking about changing the handguard.

I have a set of these on one rifle and like them.
Daniel Defense Detachable Front A1.5 Rear Fixed Sight Set AR-15

I have these on the rest of my rifles as backups. I prefer the steel Pro models by a longshot vs their standard plastic versions. The plastics are decent but I like the steel because when you fold them down the profile is much slimmer.
Magpul MBUS Pro Front & Rear Sight Set - $139.95

Honestly I would stick a cheap red dot on it and call it a day. These Holosuns are really nice for the price. I have several of them.
Holosun Technologies PARALOW HS403G Red Dot Sight - HS403G - Primary Arms

Malikthegod

opposite of mediocre
Daps
I have a set of these on one rifle and like them.
Daniel Defense Detachable Front A1.5 Rear Fixed Sight Set AR-15

I have these on the rest of my rifles as backups. I prefer the steel Pro models by a longshot vs their standard plastic versions. The plastics are decent but I like the steel because when you fold them down the profile is much slimmer.

Honestly I would stick a cheap red dot on it and call it a day. These Holosuns are really nice for the price. I have several of them.

Will I have to go to the range for them to adjust it? I got the AR as a gift and haven't fired it yet.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Will I have to go to the range for them to adjust it? I got the AR as a gift and haven't fired it yet.

Yeah, you'll have to sight it in. Find an ammo that your rifle likes and stick with it. Every gun shoots a little different with all ammos. Even the same make and model of rifle will shoot different ammos differently. You want to find an ammo that will shoot accurately and feeds reliably. Cheap ammo won't be very accurate because the manufacturing standards aren't as strict and you'll get a lot of variances as far as how much gunpowder is used from round to round.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps

Spend the extra money and get that red dot i linked. It's cheaper on amazon but the links weren't working for whatever reason. Make sure you get the HS403G model.

Malikthegod

opposite of mediocre
Daps
Yeah, you'll have to sight it in. Find an ammo that your rifle likes and stick with it. Every gun shoots a little different with all ammos. Even the same make and model of rifle will shoot different ammos differently. You want to find an ammo that will shoot accurately and feeds reliably. Cheap ammo won't be very accurate because the manufacturing standards aren't as strict and you'll get a lot of variances as far as how much gunpowder is used from round to round.

Is there a certain "grain" I should be looking at?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Is there a certain "grain" I should be looking at?

What twist is your barrel? I shot 55gr out of my 1/7 barrel all the time. It's fine, just not as accurate as can be. Good ammo can make a huge difference. With the good stuff, I can shoot a group of 5 where each bullet holes is at least touching the other. With cheap, plinking ammo the group will be about the size of a fist sometimes.

Twist_VS_Grain.jpg

Last edited:

Soon

Banned
Daps
Finally got to break in the new lightweight .22 AR I posted awhile back. Decided to go with a 4x scope for it. It's a pretty sweet little setup that can be built for ~$1,000.

20151007_163722_zpsr0wekgsy.jpg

60rd group @ 50 yards

How is the stopping power?

I want an XD or Glock, AR I might check out later.