Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
What do you guys think of 1911s? They are more expensive but the look got me tbh :takedat:.Especially stainless

774328-Magnum_Research_Desert_Eagle_1911_C_45_ACP_Pistol_Matte_Stainless_Steel-DE1911CSS.jpg
Kimber.jpg
wm_9290130.jpg

The 1911 is an excellent gun :wow:

I'm a fan.
+Smooth trigger pull and recoil, grip safety
-Heavy, expensive (some models), low ammo capacity

I'm probably going to get a Kimber or Springfield at some point.

Kimber makes good quality 1911's. I have a Springfield Mil-Spec and I have had that gun for about 8 years and I have not occurred any issues with it. I train with my 1911 also and it's my SHTF sidearm.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Any good lights for glocks that are cheap but don't fall off when firing? I like the TLR type shyt, but i don't feel like we should be paying $100+ for a 30 dollar flashlight just because it can clip to the rail. Seems like a ripoff.

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
Any good lights for glocks that are cheap but don't fall off when firing? I like the TLR type shyt, but i don't feel like we should be paying $100+ for a 30 dollar flashlight just because it can clip to the rail. Seems like a ripoff.
o light pl mini Valkyrie is my favorite light for glocks. Gotta remeber tho glocks have that “accessory rail” and not a true 1913 picatinny so not everything will fit super tight but plights are the best fit for the price IMO.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
o light pl mini Valkyrie is my favorite light for glocks. Gotta remeber tho glocks have that “accessory rail” and not a true 1913 picatinny so not everything will fit super tight but plights are the best fit for the price IMO.
:stopitslime: shyt was $90 :gucci:

I already told you a quality handheld flashlight is only $30, i not paying $60 just for a mounting bracket :scust: i'll figure out a way to make my own stuff before that.

I found a good one though. aimkon gets good reviews as durable light that stays attached even on the highest caliber and has strobe effect modes. Don't waste money on those overpriced lights brehs.
Aimkon HiLight P10S

:takedat:$35

Last edited:

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps

I already told you a quality handheld flashlight is only $30, i not paying $40 just for a mounting bracket :scust: i'll figure out a way to make my own stuff before that.

I found a good one though. aimkon gets good reviews as durable light that stays attached even on the highest caliber and has strobe effect modes. Don't waste money on those overpriced lights brehs.
Aimkon HiLight P10S

I agree on the prices being too steep but some of the cheaper stuff can break way easier. Theres people out here buying $300 tlr streamlights and surefires. I feel like olight is a good middle ground. Your gettin a light thais gonna be durable enough to take a beating and still work with a great battery. But if the aimkon works than its definitely a steal. I know your gonna tell us how it is when it comes in.

ryanb9nd

Rookie
Daps
Catch an Olight Flash Sale and you can usually get an PL Mini for about 60 bucks...I agree its a great mid-priced light, plus they (Olight) seem to be reasonably good when it comes to customer service and come with a 2 year warranty

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I already told you a quality handheld flashlight is only $30, i not paying $40 just for a mounting bracket :scust: i'll figure out a way to make my own stuff before that.

Aimkon HiLight P10S

I know your gonna tell us how it is when it comes in.

Yeah.....let me know.....I might just pull the trigger.

I'm less interested in the light and more interested in the quick release set up. I think I can mod that for other uses

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
I like the TLR type shyt, but i don't feel like we should be paying $100+ for a 30 dollar flashlight just because it can clip to the rail. Seems like a ripoff.
i caught the same bug and copped some inexpensive pistol lights (inforce, olight, pflexpro, etc.) all except the pflex were junk. for me it's streamlight/surefire only from now on, even for range toys. check out candlepowerforums.com btw, those guys are real nerds about this and can def kit you out with something nice (solid acrylic lenses, fully potted electronics) for the low. i might ask them about rifle lights now lol, those should be a lot more affordable since they don't go thru the kind of abuse pistol lights do.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i caught the same bug and copped some inexpensive pistol lights (inforce, olight, pflexpro, etc.) all except the pflex were junk. for me it's streamlight/surefire only from now on, even for range toys. check out candlepowerforums.com btw, those guys are real nerds about this and can def kit you out with something nice (solid acrylic lenses, fully potted electronics) for the low.
Junk in what way though? My concern is, is it brighter than a pen light?, and is it durable enough to withstand the blowback force when firing a gun?

To me brightness shouldn't be expensive you can get a headlight at autozone for $30 and thats bright enough to illuminate a road.
Durability shouldn't be expensive either, those aluminum flashlights cops used as batons back in day are like $20.
So basically it's industry price gouging, which makes me believe that there might be a light out there for a reasonable price that isn't a piece of crap.
I heard good things about that aimpoint i mentioned so i'll let ya'll know how that works out once it arrives.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yeah.....let me know.....I might just pull the trigger.

I'm less interested in the light and more interested in the quick release set up. I think I can mod that for other uses
just got it, first initial impression. Good bright light, solid frame doesn't feel cheap. quick detach feature is nice. Just slides on and locks into place, then to remove you hold down a lever and pull it off. Overall really good light for the money. Feels very sturdy not going to fly off when shooting but i still have to put that to the test

I see why the must be cheaper than others though. The switch to turn on the light isn't good.
it basically works like a ambidex mag release, you push it in to turn it on push it back out from the other side to turn if off. this also changes the mode from solid light to strobe light.

two problems i have with that, 1) one you have to use a different finger to activate and deativate, so i can turn it on with my trigger finger. but i have to use my thumb on my left hand to turn it off. wouldn't be a big deal if wasn't for part two of my problem with it.

2) it cycles to the next mode every time you turn it on. meaning if you had it in solid light mode, the next time you turn it off and on it will be in strobe mode. so basically force you cycle back to solid by going through strobe every time you turn it off. big design oversight.:gucci:

still other than an extra unneeded button press it's pretty solid

edit: correction after further testing. It defaults to solid light if you turn it on. After its been off for a few seconds. The strobe feature only activate if you immediatley turn it off and on again so not as annoying as i thought initially. I recommend this light

Last edited:

east

Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Where the hell can I buy ammo at a reasonable price? :dwillhuh:
sigsauer.com at 4:45am eastern time every night, every caliber sells out in 5 minutes or less, most in 1
Junk in what way though? My concern is, is it brighter than a pen light?, and is it durable enough to withstand the blowback force when firing a gun?
flickering while shot, mount coming loose after a couple boxes of ammo

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
sigsauer.com at 4:45am eastern time every night, every caliber sells out in 5 minutes or less, most in 1

flickering while shot, mount coming loose after a couple boxes of ammo
Good looks. Is there a max limit per bullet type or is it per order? I see they have a 3 max limit for different rounds. Curious if I could buy 3 boxes for two different types.

east

Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Good looks. Is there a max limit per bullet type or is it per order? I see they have a 3 max limit for different rounds. Curious if I could buy 3 boxes for two different types.
it's 2000 rounds total per month per address, some calibers like 9mm have a 3 box per order limit