Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
New Gun Control Legislation:francis:

It'll likely never pass, but it gives you an idea of what the anti 2A folks want to implement.

FightHR127.com: Stop HR 127 - Gun Licensing, Registration & Partial Ammo Ban

The bill text is finally out and HR 127 is worse than we were even speculating.

HR 127 establishes a federal firearms registration system that will be accessible by federal, state, and local governments, including the military - even the GENERAL PUBLIC! The system will track the make, model, and serial number of all firearms, their owners, the dates they were acquired, and where they are being stored.

You read that right. HR 127 would make public your most private information to anti-gunners who can then dox, harass or even attack you while knowing full well every intimate detail of your self-defense systems.

The system will also track firearms loans, including the ID of the loan recipient and for how long it is being loaned. This bill applies retroactively, so current firearms owners will have three months to supply their gun information to the federal government from the bill’s effective date.

HR 127 also establishes a federal licensing requirement. Applicants will have to be at least 21, undergo a NICS check, complete a psychological evaluation, complete 24 hours of firearms training, and pay $800 for firearms insurance from the government.

TRANSLATION: You not only have to PAY the government for the privilege of owning guns already in your possession; you also have to convince an anti-gunner that you deserve to keep your rights!

For the psychological evaluation, a licensed psychologist will interview individuals’ spouses and at least two other family members or associates to “further determine the state of the mental emotional, and relational stability of the individual in relation to firearms.” Licenses will be denied to individuals hospitalized for issues such as depressive episodes; no duration for license disability is specified, and it does not matter whether the individual sought help voluntarily.

And who gets the say in whether you can exercise your fundamental rights: the Attorney General, who will in all likelihood be Merrick Garland - an anti-gun extremist previously nominated to the Supreme Court by Barack Obama.

HR 127 will also establish licensing requirements for the display of antique firearms and for the right to possess “military-style weapons.” To display an antique, applicants have to prove they own an antique firearm, describe how they will display it, and demonstrate that they have “safe” storage for it. To possess a “military-style weapon”, applicants will have to undergo 24 hours of safety and live fire training. It is unclear whether this training is in addition to the base 24 hours of training required to possess firearms and ammunition. “Military-style weapons” are defined as they are under assault weapons bans like those in California and New Jersey - weapons are identified by name or because they possess two or more features found on commonly owned, modern semiautomatic firearms such as an adjustable stock, pistol grip, etc.

Finally, HR 127 also criminalizes the possession of “large-capacity magazines” (those carrying greater than 10 rounds) and “ammunition that is 0.50 caliber or greater.”

Presently, there is no grandfathering clause in this legislation. Meaning you will have to choose between keeping your magazines and being fined and sent to prison.. potentially for decades!

Importantly, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to comply with this legislation. The bill doesn't even specify how any of these measures will be implemented. Instead, it tasks the Attorney General with creating systems for enforcement while still holding gun owners to ironclad compliance dates.

The government will not be able to process hundreds of millions of firearm registration petitions, and does not have the capacity to interview tens of millions of gun owners before the compliance deadline. Meaning YOU will be left holding the bag due to the government's incompetence!

We've seen from California's example, where the DOJ's AW registration website crashed and yet gun owners were still placed on the hook, that these systems have not and will not work.

Except this time, Rep. Jackson Lee wants you to face decades in prison and hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines for failing to comply with an unconstitutional and impossible-to-comply-with law.

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps

It'll likely never pass, but it gives you an idea of what the anti 2A folks want to implement.

HR 127 establishes a federal firearms registration system that will be accessible by federal, state, and local governments, including the military - even the GENERAL PUBLIC! The system will track the make, model, and serial number of all firearms, their owners, the dates they were acquired, and where they are being stored.

You read that right. HR 127 would make public your most private information to anti-gunners who can then dox, harass or even attack you while knowing full well every intimate detail of your self-defense systems.

The system will also track firearms loans, including the ID of the loan recipient and for how long it is being loaned. This bill applies retroactively, so current firearms owners will have three months to supply their gun information to the federal government from the bill’s effective date.

HR 127 also establishes a federal licensing requirement. Applicants will have to be at least 21, undergo a NICS check, complete a psychological evaluation, complete 24 hours of firearms training, and pay $800 for firearms insurance from the government.

TRANSLATION: You not only have to PAY the government for the privilege of owning guns already in your possession; you also have to convince an anti-gunner that you deserve to keep your rights!

For the psychological evaluation, a licensed psychologist will interview individuals’ spouses and at least two other family members or associates to “further determine the state of the mental emotional, and relational stability of the individual in relation to firearms.” Licenses will be denied to individuals hospitalized for issues such as depressive episodes; no duration for license disability is specified, and it does not matter whether the individual sought help voluntarily.

And who gets the say in whether you can exercise your fundamental rights: the Attorney General, who will in all likelihood be Merrick Garland - an anti-gun extremist previously nominated to the Supreme Court by Barack Obama.

HR 127 will also establish licensing requirements for the display of antique firearms and for the right to possess “military-style weapons.” To display an antique, applicants have to prove they own an antique firearm, describe how they will display it, and demonstrate that they have “safe” storage for it. To possess a “military-style weapon”, applicants will have to undergo 24 hours of safety and live fire training. It is unclear whether this training is in addition to the base 24 hours of training required to possess firearms and ammunition. “Military-style weapons” are defined as they are under assault weapons bans like those in California and New Jersey - weapons are identified by name or because they possess two or more features found on commonly owned, modern semiautomatic firearms such as an adjustable stock, pistol grip, etc.

Finally, HR 127 also criminalizes the possession of “large-capacity magazines” (those carrying greater than 10 rounds) and “ammunition that is 0.50 caliber or greater.”

Presently, there is no grandfathering clause in this legislation. Meaning you will have to choose between keeping your magazines and being fined and sent to prison.. potentially for decades!

Importantly, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to comply with this legislation. The bill doesn't even specify how any of these measures will be implemented. Instead, it tasks the Attorney General with creating systems for enforcement while still holding gun owners to ironclad compliance dates.

The government will not be able to process hundreds of millions of firearm registration petitions, and does not have the capacity to interview tens of millions of gun owners before the compliance deadline. Meaning YOU will be left holding the bag due to the government's incompetence!

We've seen from California's example, where the DOJ's AW registration website crashed and yet gun owners were still placed on the hook, that these systems have not and will not work.

Except this time, Rep. Jackson Lee wants you to face decades in prison and hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines for failing to comply with an unconstitutional and impossible-to-comply-with law.
Just seen this s***
Democrats get into office and what do you know, here comes the proposals federally. Lol I might have to actually start voting (Red :mjpls: )

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah the 509 is wild

I was tryna find a 43x but haven’t been able to

I don’t wanna buy a gen 3

You carry the 19x? I thought it was too big for that

glock over sig 365 and Springfield hellcat?

that 43x for some reason has been hard to come by lately. The shop I go to here used to have plenty in the blue tag program but I haven’t seen any lately. You ever check out the Glock 45?

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Some book suggestions for Black History Month.

144286390_269804424481987_4600460470938865848_o.jpg

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England

she proposes this bill every session of congress and it goes nowhere every single time. it's just a distraction technique to expend our energy on bullshyt while the bills that are the real threat get quietly advanced.

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Anybody have any experience with the Rock Island revolvers? Or Rock Island in general? Been looking at the M206 or M200 for plinking and maybe leaving it in my truck full time.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
anyone ever used/have an opinion on the magpul sga stock? SGA® Stock – Remington® 870 i found an old 870 lying around (no surprise, it's rusted to shyt) and i'd like to show it some tlc. the stock it's got right now is way too big for a lil breh like me tho haha.
Anybody have any experience with the Rock Island revolvers? Or Rock Island in general? Been looking at the M206 or M200 for plinking and maybe leaving it in my truck full time.
i wanna cop their double stack 10mm once the panic dies down. my breh has one of the most advanced 1911 collections in the world and really likes their gov't 1911, here's his notes:
We’ll start off with Rock Island Armory. Their Government model is outstanding for the money. It’s got a decent trigger and solid reliability. It can still also be had for $400 or even less, making it one of the least expensive 1911s on the market. However, those seeking a true replica need to look elsewhere. The Rock Island lacks an arched mainspring housing or lanyard loop. It also has a lowered and flared ejection port, which helps feeding of defense ammo, and a beveled magwell. The Rock Island is actually close to a Springfield Mil Spec in configuration, but with GI sights and vertical slide serrations. If that’s important to you, the RIA is a nice choice. Personally, I like a more true-to-spec replica better, but that certainly doesn’t make the Rock Island a bad gun. On the contrary, these enhancements can likely make it a better range pistol. The grips are smooth wood examples that look nice, though are a bit slippery at times. The finish is an authentic looking parkerizing and the slide to frame fit is surprisingly tight with little side-to-side movement. Slide markings consist of “Rock Island Armory” and the logo on the left. The right side is clean. RIA 1911s are built in the Philippines by Armscor. This 1911 uses no firing pin safety.

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
anyone ever used/have an opinion on the magpul sga stock? SGA® Stock – Remington® 870 i found an old 870 lying around (no surprise, it's rusted to shyt) and i'd like to show it some tlc. the stock it's got right now is way too big for a lil breh like me tho haha.

i wanna cop their double stack 10mm once the panic dies down. my breh has one of the most advanced 1911 collections in the world and really likes their gov't 1911, here's his notes:
Nice, I was looking at that 1911 before. Been looking to add one to the collection but I always imagined it’d be stainless. I’ll look into that one when everything dies down too.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ite i expanded on one of my old posts in this thread and added a few quick thoughts, also took some price info from another board i'm on. i tried to keep it to only inexpensive guns which i've shot personally, any suggestions or edits are welcome as i want this to be a collaborative work. the formatting is pretty ass and it could definitely use some more pics haha.

The Coli Buyer's Guide - Home and Personal Defense on a Budget
Contributions by NatiboyB, Stir Fry and Wildin

xhIo3FK.jpg

As a gun owner, you have a responsibility to shoot a gun before you buy it. To get the fit, to get the feel, to see if you can overcome the recoil, etc. Guns are like shoes, and people's hands are like feet. Different sizes, shapes, bends, etc. Just like some people can't rock Chuck Taylors or some Nikes or Adidas cause they have flat feet, wide feet, high arches etc., guns are exactly the same. You can't buy guns off looks alone. You really have to analyze what you need and what's good for you. Try to go to a local gun store and see how some options feel in your hand, then find a range that rents out guns and try out the ones you thought felt nice.

RIFLES
Unless you live in a slave state, buy an AR-15 in 5.56 NATO/.223 Rem.
+ Ammo is reasonably priced
+ Parts are common
+ Reliable magazines like the PMAG M2/M3 and USGI are affordable
+ Knowledge on how to maintain and modify them is widespread
+ Easiest to use gun for women, children, the elderly, or the disabled
+/- Some models, usually marked as "optics ready," don't come with sights
+/- If you need sights the MBUS is a good option that often goes on sale for $50 a pair, Vortex and Primary Arms make cheap red dots

Palmetto State Armory PA-15 - $350-450
+ Cheap, works well enough
+ Pick whatever mid length rifle you like best
+ You can save more money by buying the upper and lower separately
+/- You can save even more money by building the lower, the only uncommon tools you need are a set of punches and a $10 castle nut wrench
- Building the upper isn't worth it for a first time owner since you need several uncommon and expensive tools

Smith & Wesson M&P15 / Ruger AR-556 - $450-550
+ Better fit and finish and quality control than PSA
+ Easier to customize the upper, PSA goes out of their way to make their uppers hard to modify
- Generally a little overpriced

.22 LR semi-auto:
+ Large capacity magazines are common and cheap
+ Ammo is the cheapest kind you can buy
- Ammo is the first thing to be hoarded during shortages, driving prices up
- Very underpowered for defensive purposes, but...
+ Most people don't like being shot

Marlin 795 - $150
Mossberg 702 - $150
Ruger 10/22 - $250

For slave states:
Ruger PC Carbine - 9mm - $500
+ Reliable, great backpack gun
+ Magpul is coming out with backpacker-style furniture soon
- Less powerful than an AR-15
+/- Uses pistol ammo, which you can't buy until you're 21

Savage Axis XP - .308 Win, also comes in .223 Rem - $300
+ Comes in a package with a scope
+ You can take the scope off and put a red dot on
+ .308 model is more powerful than an AR-15
- Bolt-action, not semi-auto so you'll need to practice to be able to fire rapidly
- Magazine only holds four rounds
- Magazines are expensive

PISTOLS
Nothing fancy, just a striker fired semi-auto 9mm or .380. There's plenty of good options that aren't on this list.
+ Okay for home defense, great for concealed carry
+ Easy manual of arms, you pull the trigger and it goes bang
- The smaller and lighter the gun, the harder it is to shoot well
- Need a holster to carry safely
+/- Have to be 21 to buy
+/- Some states require a license to own and/or or have severe restrictions on carrying

Hi-Point C9 - $150
Ruger LCP Gen 2, used (not the LCP II which has the same model number) - $175
Ruger EC9s - $250
Taurus G2C - $250
Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield - $300
Beretta APX - $325
Ruger Security 9 - $350
Glock 17/19, used or factory rebuilt - $350-400
Smith & Wesson M&P9, used - $350-400

Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield EZ, also comes in .380 ACP - $375
+ Great for women, the disabled, the elderly, or anyone who can't rack the slide or load the mag on other automatics
+/- Has a grip safety which some people don't like

REVOLVERS
+ Reliable
+ Often found used in good condition
+ .38 has manageable recoil
+ Can be carried without a holster
+ Easy for women to load and carry, but...
- Not so easy to shoot
- Only five rounds capacity
- Slow to reload
- Short barrel means lots of noise and muzzle flash

Ruger LCR - $350
Smith & Wesson 442 - $400

SHOTGUNS
If you can't get an AR-15 or a handgun, get a pump-action 12-gauge shotgun. When looking for shotguns, it pays to check local pawn shops and gun stores. Old hunting shotguns are sold off for the low to these stores who in turn flip them them at low prices. Big box retailers like Wal-Mart, Bass Pro, Cabela's, Scheels and Academy also sell a wide variety of shotguns. In most areas, you can find quality shotguns for $200 or less easily.
+ Can change out the barrel for hunting or shooting sports
+ Powaful Impak!
- Needs more strength and skill to use than an AR-15
- Low ammo capacity
- Buckshot and slugs are expensive, defensive ammo is very expensive
- Ammo is bulky

Mossberg Maverick 88 Security - $200
Mossberg 500 - $350
Remington 870, used and made before 2007 - $350

Midland Arms Backpack - $150
+/- Only buy if you're on a super tight budget, this is the cheapest gun I can recommend in good conscience
+ Extremely light, fits in a backpack
- Only holds a single round at a time, will need to practice reloads especially under high stress situations

GUNS TO AVOID
- Saturday night specials - Bryco, Cobra, Davis, Jennings, Jimenez, Lorcin, Phoenix, Raven, Republic, RG, Rohm, Sedco, Standard, Sundance, Talon - low quality and dangerous, banned in some states
- Magazine-fed shotguns - at these price points you won't be able to find one that works well
- USA-made AK-47s - same
- Remington 870s made after 2007 - poor quality control after Remington changed ownership
- Military surplus like the Mosin or SKS - prices have risen a lot, ammo is getting harder to find, available guns are in poor condition
- Cheap Turkish shotguns

AMMO
Rifles - FMJ is cheaper but has worse terminal effects and can overpenetrate. If you're buying for defense, consider hollow points or bonded soft points, but they're quite expensive and you need to test it out to make sure it feels reliably. 5.56 NATO ammo can't be safely fired in a rifle marked .223 Rem, but a 5.56 marked rifle can fire both types.
Pistols - FMJ is fine for training. Quality defensive ammo like Federal HST or Speer Gold Dot is expensive, but well worth it. Try to get the 50 round law enforcement boxes, not the 20 round civilian boxes. It's the same product, just much less expensive. Make sure to test out a box or two before carrying it.
Shotguns - Buy #00 or #1 buckshot for defense. Some ranges, especially indoor ones will only let you shoot slugs. Avoid birdshot unless you're planning on being attacked by tiny birds.

OTHER THINGS YOU'LL NEED
- Cleaning supplies - a brush, a jag, a rod, patches, solvents, oils, etc. You can get cheap kits at Wal-Mart or most sporting goods stores. The minimum I'd go with is a rod and jag, a bottle of CLP or Ballistol, and some old cut up cotton shirts.
- Safety glasses
- Ear protection - Avoid foam earplugs. Howard Leight Impact Sports are a nice budget choice and are much comfier.
- Holster for a pistol. Avoid one size fits all cloth holsters.
- Consider a flashlight for a home defense gun, and maybe a mount if it's a long gun. Avoid cheap Chinese lights, the TLR-1 HL is a good option. Just like with guns, you really get what you pay for here and a lot of budget lights can't hold up to the stresses of gunfire.
- Training - the NRA has a site for the basics of firearm handling, the USCCA offers classes, and some academies have free courses on YouTube. Project Appleseed is a great way to get marksmanship training.
- A safe if you have children. Small safes, like the ones with a biometric reader are useless against thieves or determined teenagers but will keep a young child out. There's a great buyer's guide here.

WHERE TO BUY
To buy a gun online, you need to visit a local store ("FFL") and ask them to send a copy of their license to the store you're buying from. The FFL will do a background check on you and charge you for the transfer, $15-25 is typical in most areas. Highly restricted areas like NY/CA will have higher fees, and in some places like DC, the only FFL is the police department.
- gun.deals is a free search tool where stores can submit prices for guns they carry. It can also be used for accessories, parts, medical gear, etc. and comes with an alert tool that can email you when something you're looking for falls below a certain price. A lot of stores that buy listings here don't actually carry inventory though, they just drop ship from their distributor.
- AmmoSeek is a free search tool that crawls the Internet for the best prices on ammo. Watch out for the listings all the way at the top, these stores usually charge a lot for shipping. Ammo is almost always going to be cheaper at a local gun store since they won't charge you for shipping.
- GunBroker is the eBay of guns, be sure to check here for what you want before you buy it elsewhere.

was it you that posted that vid of doing dry fire drills earlier? more vids like that would be dope.

good looks

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
What do you guys think of 1911s? They are more expensive but the look got me tbh :takedat:.Especially stainless

774328-Magnum_Research_Desert_Eagle_1911_C_45_ACP_Pistol_Matte_Stainless_Steel-DE1911CSS.jpg
Kimber.jpg
wm_9290130.jpg
I'm a fan.
+Smooth trigger pull and recoil, grip safety
-Heavy, expensive (some models), low ammo capacity

I'm probably going to get a Kimber or Springfield at some point.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
What do you guys think of 1911s? They are more expensive but the look got me tbh :takedat:.Especially stainless

774328-Magnum_Research_Desert_Eagle_1911_C_45_ACP_Pistol_Matte_Stainless_Steel-DE1911CSS.jpg
Kimber.jpg
wm_9290130.jpg
Got a Kimber Stainless Raptor that I want to trade out for a Dan Wesson Classic commander one day. Love the commander size vs the full size