Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thinking of finally getting one....

Thoughts on the Glock 17?

It'll hold you down. You live in a state with magazine restrictions? If so you might as well grab something else. FN, Sig, S&W, CZ.....if no restrictions and you can get it at a good price then do it.

Mainly check the prices. Right now prices are ridiculous. I've seen entry level guns or starter pistols go for as much as a secondary pistol. And seen those secondary pistols go for maybe $100 more. I.e. guns that were 300-500 go from 600-800 then those guns that go from 500-800 go at 600-900

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Let's talk bug-out bag and what's in yours? I'm currently building mine up for 3-5 days in the event of a natural disaster. I'm not really much of a "prepper" but I think it's something important for all of us. Mine so far.

- IFAK Kit (Medical/Trauma)
- First Aid Kits with medicine, bandages, etc.
- Water / Water Purification Tabs
- Paracord
- Batteries
- Flashlights
- Flares / Chem Lights
- Waterproof Matches
- Utility Knives
- Firearms
- Ammo

Still wanna build it out more for stuff like shelter and more food (outside simple stuff like tuna) but I'm thinking 3 - 5 days natural disaster bug out bag.

I also put condoms in your bug-out bag because they can be used to as a container for water or other items.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let's talk bug-out bag and what's in yours? I'm currently building mine up for 3-5 days in the event of a natural disaster. I'm not really much of a "prepper" but I think it's something important for all of us. Mine so far.

- Paracord
- Batteries
- Flashlights
- Flares / Chem Lights
- Waterproof Matches
- Utility Knives
- Firearms
- Ammo

Still wanna build it out more for stuff like shelter and more food (outside simple stuff like tuna) but I'm thinking 3 - 5 days natural disaster bug out bag.

I also put condoms in your bug-out bag because they can be used to as a container for water or other items.

I pretty much have all of that.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/get-into-survivalism-brehs.649163/page-5

There's some links to field guides in there. I'm pretty sure I linked them myself, if not then pm me.

I have a field guide PDF that if you can get a hold of a hard copy, it's worth it.

It literally hand feeds you all the info you need from identifying which plants are what, what you can eat, what you cannot eat, which ones are good for first aid...how to build shelters in different climates, how to build traps and snares, weapons, how to harvest animals for food...what to do in emergencies I.e you boat sinks or you get stranded, break an arm/leg, burns....what clothes to wear etc.....

these are my shyt
9b5c5c85-fdf7-4e83-a646-922cbd96faa8_1.4fc1157b4577c49a30f9b398287425c8.jpeg

I had 90 of them but some of them are due to expire in 2021 so I've been eating a can or two every couple of days. They are fire. If you buy them today they usually don't expire until 4-5 years. They have herring, mackerel and salmon. The herring is piff :ohlawd:. The salmon is nice too. I won't buy the mackerel anymore. Unless I get desperate....it's ok but it's greasy and eating it right after one of the other choices is :stopitslime:.

We can talk MRE's all day but the reality is they are trash. A lot of them are not meant to be eaten in one sitting and a lot of them have shyt in them that'll fukk your system up. Like you'll either have the shyts or be constipated. They usually give you something like a piece of gum which will help you digest those shyts.

There's a time when you can eat those to sustain but you can't eat them too soon or too late. Eat them too soon and youll fukk your system up, eat them too late and they'll kill you. It's like rabbit. You cannot live off rabbit. It has such little fat and so much protein your body will shut down trying to process it. It's just like being in a hot desert and chugging cold water or being close to hypothermia and sitting next to a hot fire or heater and heating up too fast, both big no-no's.

Most mre's have a calorie goal, but that's going to differ depending on your situation. If your body is trying to maintain temp, like your cold for days, or you're travelling on foot for miles on end, an MRE can fukk you up.

If you really want to be bout it. Put on your backpack, with your vest and all your gear, get your sidearm (pistol) and your rifle then walk or jog 5 miles on a treadmill or ride a stationary bike. That's when you find out if your bout it or not.

I don't know what peoples plans for buggin out is....especially when they have safes full of guns and filled with boxes of ammo. You can't carry that it you, and you need to have a plan for ditching your car and hoofing it.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Just bought a glock 17 gen 5. Felt like it would be a perfect companion to my gen 4 26. My 26 is bone stock i keep the flush mag for everyday concealed carry. This im going to set up as my home defense 9mm and add all the tactical shyt to it. Would also double as my open carry weapon if i every felt the desire to do that

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England

not really a 3-day/bug out bag but this is what's in the one i got in my whip all the time, it takes up so little space that i can leave the two main compartments empty and use it as my everyday backpack too

medical: trauma pad, gauze pads, israeli bandage, tourniquet, celox, surgical tape, ~200 various sized/shaped adhesive/fabric bandages, butterfly wound closures, neomycin ointment, lidocaine/aloe salve, loperamide pills, antiseptic wipes, oral rehydration salts, vinyl gloves, medical tweezers, applicators, lighter, contact lenses, lens solution
clothing: work gloves, socks, white tee, a pair of drawers, poncho, blanket
protection: full size pistol w/ weaponlight, 3 mags
communication: backup phone with offline maps/field guides, spare batteries
water: sawyer filter, smartwater bottle
food: beef jerky, clif bars
hygiene: toilet paper, toothbruth, toothpaste, condoms, pads/tampons, wet wipes

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
altor.jpg

the altor pistol, i see no reason for it to exist except as a garden gun or for killing yourself on a budget
it's meant to be a disposable supressed gun for assasinations if i were to guess. like burner phones, use it once, toss it. only cost $100 bucks

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

- Paracord
- Batteries
- Flashlights
- Flares / Chem Lights
- Waterproof Matches
- Utility Knives
- Firearms
- Ammo

I need to look into this. Mines would be about the same as yours except I'd add a fire starter striker and some of them filtration straws. You also need food, maybe bring Jerky and dried fruit/trail mix. Tuna would be too heavy.

Shelter wise there's not much you can do. You can get one of those tinfoil lookin blankets.