Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Am I the only one who has slowed down on my range time and gym time...it’s sad those were my hobbies to keep me stress free and now I don’t hardly do either.
at the range, i've gone from doing drills to slow fire target practice like a cac boomer. i have a ton of mid ammo which i wanna save and not a lot of high quality ammo which i like running thru nice/rare guns, i'm down to like a single range day's worth of lead-free polymer jacketed 9 :mjcry:i have been shooting a lot more .22 tho

as for the gym, the home gym has really been earning its keep lately lol

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
at the range, i've gone from doing drills to slow fire target practice like a cac boomer. i have a ton of mid ammo which i wanna save and not a lot of high quality ammo which i like running thru nice/rare guns, i'm down to like a single range day's worth of lead-free polymer jacketed 9 :mjcry:i have been shooting a lot more .22 tho

as for the gym, the home gym has really been earning its keep lately lol

I low key think I may be slipping into some type of gray area. I never realized how much going to work talking shyt and interacting meant. It just ain’t the same on zoom...

And the gym having to wear this damn bane ass mask has taken away from my motivation. I may legit need some type of stimulant.

I wish I would of stock piled more training ammo.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I don’t know if CCW applications in all states require you to explain why you need a ccw but it’s required in Cali. What is a suitable answer? I’m black so idk if “it’s my 2nd amendment right” will suffice

say, you often go hiking/camping in the wilderness and want to ensure you can defend yourself if you encounter a bear.

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t know if CCW applications in all states require you to explain why you need a ccw but it’s required in Cali. What is a suitable answer? I’m black so idk if “it’s my 2nd amendment right” will suffice

:banderas: Repped.

I’ma go with that.

Ummmm personal protection??????

I used to put whatever I wanted on those. They can't deny you for any reason unless you have a felony.

I've put

Because I'm an american
Hunting
Protection
For fun

There's never any follow up. They don't care.

east

Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
i would ask on the thread for your county on calguns: Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum - Calguns.net in some counties, "all lawful purposes" is enough, some require you to say some magic words, some will deny you for saying stuff like "personal protection," some deny minorities, some deny everybody.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i would ask on the thread for your county on calguns: Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum - Calguns.net in some counties, "all lawful purposes" is enough, some require you to say some magic words, some will deny you for saying stuff like "personal protection," some deny minorities, some deny everybody.

Really? If you're not a felon, have no mental qualification that bars you from owning or attaining a firearm or any pending charges, how can they say no?

Because it's 2 different things. It's one thing for Cabelas to deny a sale or any gun store. They don't have to sell you anything.

The other thing is some counties require you to get a ownership permit or whatever. That's when you buy the gun, they give you the ticket with the name and serial, you take it to the county or whatever and they make you pay $5 or whatever and you register your gun. When you fill out your paper they run you and make sure you don't have any charges or pending charges or flags (medical holds, epcs(emergency protective custody).

As far as I know and have read they cant just not give you a permit.

I'm speaking locally. I don't know of other cities and states. I live in an area now where I don't even have to do that. I buy my guns and go home with them same day.

Are there some articles or different city/state legislations you know of that differ? I want to know so I can cross those places off my list to visit or maybe move to.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches

east

Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Really? If you're not a felon, have no mental qualification that bars you from owning or attaining a firearm or any pending charges, how can they say no?

As far as I know and have read they cant just not give you a permit.
the idea that they can just say "no" seems bizarre to you because you probably live in a free state. if i never set foot in ny/ca i'd find it bizarre too, but as someone who's lived there before, racism and classism like this from the gov't is par for the course when you're at the mercy of a police bureaucrat's opinion about whether you get to exercise your rights or not (and it's not just ccw, ny for example has the same process to own any handgun). i mean, you can't make shyt like this up, they want your social media passwords, search engine history, etc. in addition to your medical records and interviews with your friends and family which they already take. shyt really reminds me about the political abuse of psychiatry in the soviet union, or how they threw people in the gulags for what books they read or who their family members associated with. the supreme court isn't interested in hearing cases about this, they turned down a raft of second amendment cases in june. three of them were rogers v. grewal/gould v. lipson/malpasso v. pallozzi, which were challenges to nj/ma/md's ccw permit schemes which essentially limited carry outside the home to rich whites, retired cops/judges, and members of whatever administration is in power.
Are there some articles or different city/state legislations you know of that differ? I want to know so I can cross those places off my list to visit or maybe move to.
Freedom in the 50 States 2017-2018: Gun Rights

i'm pretty far gone off that ciroc rn so i can't think of anything useful to say past that even though i'd normally talk your ear off about this topic (now that i look back at my post i guess i already have haha). so instead i'll leave you with this long series of articles by a civil rights attorney about trying to get a carry permit in ny so you can get an idea of they have to deal with: Is It *Really* Impossible To Get A Gun License in NYC? (Part XII — U.S. Court of Appeals)