Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I learned in my class this weekend ,that the shall issue states are bullshyt. they can deny u just off GP. and there's nothing you can do about it. Illinois gun laws are bullshyt, and a 16 hour weekend class is overkill to get a CCW permit, but at least we are a may issue state. so I'll be getting my permit when all is said and done. and we are allowed to carry as many guns as we want on us with no limits on magazine sizes as long as they are concealed.

however, the permit cost us $150 and that class cost me $200 this weekend :sadcam: plus ammo.

10418943_870342662996579_7034965972261175082_n.jpg

What's the classes like

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm from out west (Chicago) I'm planning on getting my CCW permit soon.

OK the first day, they mostly talk about gun safety, the different types of handguns, ammo, and the parts of a gun. Then they show you how to hold a gun and how to aim properly. then you go on the range and practice shooting outside (I was in the sticks so it was an outside range). And you take an easy written test about all this.

On the second day they talk about CCW laws, and when in what situation you can shoot people. The law, where you can and can't carry, gun cleaning, holsters, DUI's. Then you take a test for the CCW certificate which is about hitting 21 out of 30 shots in the target at like 10 yards. pretty easy shooting. after everyone passed that, they showed us how to shoot with one hand, our off hand and then they had us shooting 2 to the body and 1 to the head. They also teach you how to draw from a holster and different types of holsters.

I didn't know shyt about holsters cuz I don't have any due to not having a CCW permit. but that's it in a nutshell.

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
OK the first day, they mostly talk about gun safety, the different types of handguns, ammo, and the parts of a gun. Then they show you how to hold a gun and how to aim properly. then you go on the range and practice shooting outside (I was in the sticks so it was an outside range). And you take an easy written test about all this.

On the second day they talk about CCW laws, and when in what situation you can shoot people. The law, where you can and can't carry, gun cleaning, holsters, DUI's. Then you take a test for the CCW certificate which is about hitting 21 out of 30 shots in the target at like 10 yards. pretty easy shooting. after everyone passed that, they showed us how to shoot with one hand, our off hand and then they had us shooting 2 to the body and 1 to the head. They also teach you how to draw from a holster and different types of holsters.

I didn't know shyt about holsters cuz I don't have any due to not having a CCW permit. but that's it in a nutshell.
You had to have been shooting with .22's in those classes. Nice grouping on ya target

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
You had to have been shooting with .22's in those classes. Nice grouping on ya target

I don't have a .22.

I only had .40's. and I only had .40 ammo. I was taking turns shooting from my glock 23, beretta 96, their glock 27 (sub compact) and their beretta px storm. they spent significant time teaching us how to aim in the class.

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
I don't have a .22.

I only had .40's. and I only had .40 ammo. I was taking turns shooting from my glock 23, beretta 96, their glock 27 (sub compact) and their beretta px storm. they spent significant time teaching us how to aim in the class.
Oh you brought your own. When I went for my CCW they made me use their .22 to practice aiming and less of a recoil for newbies.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Oh you brought your own. When I went for my CCW they made me use their .22 to practice aiming and less of a recoil for newbies.

only one cat brought a .22. and he was an old man. almost EVERYONE there had a .40. even the instructors. no one brought a .45, and a couple broads were shooting with 9mm's.

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
I hope to get another revolver. Im a big fan of revolvers like this Colt Trooper because they are so reliable for self defense.
Colt_Trooper_Mk3.jpg

I have been having an itch to get my hands a CZ P09 9MM pistal, it holds 20 rds, :banderas:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I learned in my class this weekend ,that the shall issue states are bullshyt. they can deny u just off GP. and there's nothing you can do about it. Illinois gun laws are bullshyt, and a 16 hour weekend class is overkill to get a CCW permit, but at least we are a may issue state. so I'll be getting my permit when all is said and done. and we are allowed to carry as many guns as we want on us with no limits on magazine sizes as long as they are concealed.

however, the permit cost us $150 and that class cost me $200 this weekend :sadcam: plus ammo.

10418943_870342662996579_7034965972261175082_n.jpg

:russ: trust me you don't know what bullshyt gun laws are breh I moved from NJ to NE and am :blessed: at these gun laws am taking that same 16 hr class next month and would gladly go through that than what some of these other dudes gotta do to even get a permit to buy a gun