Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Greatly appreciate the insight, bruh. I’d of course love something a bit more “flashier” and/or on brand, but I’m gonna ball out on my lil‘ grad school budget. It’s under $200 and according to you/multiple YouTube reviews, it’ll get the job done.

For now, I just want something to occasionally take to the range and to also have in the crib to combat any Miami/South Florida fukkery that may pop up. About start looking into all the corresponding necessities now (permit, conceal license, upkeep, etc.).

if you look around i'm sure you can find a pt111. it's hard finding em online for around 200 now cause of the pandemic but if you look around you can still find em for 220-250. better than a hi-point.

Taurus Millennium PT-111 G2 9mm Sub-Compact

there's one for sale halfway down the page but it's got a funny ass color.

"Taurus Pt111" For Sale - Buds Gun Shop

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Go ahead and cop it. Keep it clean and sell it later when you’re ready for an upgrade.

Appreciate it, bruh. Gonna probably end up keeping it “just because.”lol. Definitely gonna look up cleaning/maintenance videos too.

if you look around i'm sure you can find a pt111. it's hard finding em online for around 200 now cause of the pandemic but if you look around you can still find em for 220-250. better than a hi-point.

Taurus Millennium PT-111 G2 9mm Sub-Compact

there's one for sale halfway down the page but it's got a funny ass color.

"Taurus Pt111" For Sale - Buds Gun Shop

Thanks for the suggestion, bruh. Don’t know if I’m I’m overstating it, but that particular model looks like it might be too small for my hands/comfort. BUT, I am only searching for a starter pistol, so it might be a good alternative.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Thanks for the suggestion, bruh. Don’t know if I’m I’m overstating it, but that particular model looks like it might be too small for my hands/comfort. BUT, I am only searching for a starter pistol, so it might be a good alternative.
ruger lcp is another option, those used to be like 175 used before the virus, now they're like 225 but those are tiny guns too. military surplus pistols are another option too, the beretta 81bb is like 220. you can def get a LOT more gun if you go to the 225-250 range but the problem is that most of them will be pocket pistols, the taurus g2c is the only other inexpensive pistol i can think of off top that's around the same size as the hi-points. if you're set on a full size pistol and have a 150-ish budget the hi-point 9/40 is def the one to get but i can't understate how bad these things are, they use a design called straight blowback which has been obsolete for over 100 years, it requires the gun to be huge and have lots of recoil. the trigger kind of needs to be pushed downwards when pulling it, like you have to flinch on purpose. literally the only nice thing i can say about it is that it'll go bang reliably and won't blow up in your hand which i can't say about the other $150 guns/saturday night specials. :russ: and if you get a lemon hi-point is known for having great customer service even if you bought it used.

BillyBamDontGiveADamn

Too old for the shenanigans
Daps
Reppin
Dont Mess Wit Texas

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm trying to start a Black Gun in my area so I started a GoFundMe.

If I did would y'all support it? :patrice:

How many people you got on board that can start up with you?

And what's your club going to offer that differentiates from what national groups with regional chapters do.

For instance we have nra/uscca/naaga are you trying to be in their league/lane or do something smaller, closer?

There's nothing wrong with being in multiple groups but what's your groups purpose?

You have a mission statement?

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ruger lcp is another option, those used to be like 175 used before the virus, now they're like 225 but those are tiny guns too. military surplus pistols are another option too, the beretta 81bb is like 220. you can def get a LOT more gun if you go to the 225-250 range but the problem is that most of them will be pocket pistols, the taurus g2c is the only other inexpensive pistol i can think of off top that's around the same size as the hi-points. if you're set on a full size pistol and have a 150-ish budget the hi-point 9/40 is def the one to get but i can't understate how bad these things are, they use a design called straight blowback which has been obsolete for over 100 years, it requires the gun to be huge and have lots of recoil. the trigger kind of needs to be pushed downwards when pulling it, like you have to flinch on purpose. literally the only nice thing i can say about it is that it'll go bang reliably and won't blow up in your hand which i can't say about the other $150 guns/saturday night specials. :russ: and if you get a lemon hi-point is known for having great customer service even if you bought it used.

That Beretta looks nice as hell. I could always Just say “fukk it” and go up in price range by a hundred ($225-$250). I just want something that is efficient and a viable option in case of an emergency. I’m not trying to go out like Wild E. Coyote.

:russ:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How many people you got on board that can start up with you?

And what's your club going to offer that differentiates from what national groups with regional chapters do.

For instance we have nra/uscca/naaga are you trying to be in their league/lane or do something smaller, closer?

There's nothing wrong with being in multiple groups but what's your groups purpose?

You have a mission statement?

Well mine is local to my area. I was simply trying to fill a gap in Black gun ownership here and I've been making it a sort of educational space for people to learn about gun ownership and firearm knowledge.

Really my group is just trying to help with that. It currently has 875 members in my facebook group. I'll PM you.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
10+1 as opposed to 6+1 on the 43 regular. I’ll put up a pic when I get home.

How are you liking the 43x? I'm having to move around more for work and thinking about picking one up to keep with me. My BIL has one and likes it but he doesn't have experience with many other makes to give a real point of comparison.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Last time I went to the gun range my aim was terrible at 7 yards.:dahell: Don't know what the hell I was doing. I think it's because I'm right handed but I was using my left eye. All my shots were going left. I gotta go back to the range soon because that's shyt infuriating:martin:

What's the best .45 ammunition and what's the best website to buy from? Went through my 100 rds like it was nothing. Gone need at least 300

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Last time I went to the gun range my aim was terrible at 7 yards.:dahell: Don't know what the hell I was doing. I think it's because I'm right handed but I was using my left eye. All my shots were going left. I gotta go back to the range soon because that's shyt infuriating:martin:

What's the best .45 ammunition and what's the best website to buy from? Went through my 100 rds like it was nothing. Gone need at least 300
there's a big shortage right now, 45 isn't as bad as 9/5.56 but it's getting there so pretty much any kind you can get your hands on i'd cop. check out ammoseek to get a feel for pricing: https://ammoseek.com/ammo/45acp?co=new&ca=brass but if you're gonna cop only a couple hundred rounds it's prolly gonna be a better deal at a local store. i'm pretty bored lol so i put together a quick tier list of 45 range ammo i've shot

good: doubletap, federal syntech (my favorite), geco (changing the name over to norma), sellier & bellot, sig sauer elite, speer lawman cleanfire, underwood
mid: federal american eagle, fiocchi, magtech, pmc, prvi partizan, speer lawman
basura: armscor, cci blazer brass, remington green/white box, winchester white box, russian steel case, anything aluminum case

if your hits are low left it's probably a flinch, if you think it's cross dominance, check this out:

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
What y’all think is the best self defense round. My cousin got a girl with a crazy stalker ex boyfriend who been threatening him. I told him I’d carry a Glock 9mm with the 33 round mag but he wants something that can penetrate car doors in case dude pulls up on him. Any suggestions? 10mm? .45? .56???

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
“The highest overall firearm sales increase comes from Black men and women, who show a 58.2% increase in purchases during the first six months of 2020 versus the same period last year,”

In many states, estimated gun sales doubled in March compared with February. In Utah, they nearly tripled. And in Michigan, a coronavirus hot spot, sales more than tripled.

Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What y’all think is the best self defense round. My cousin got a girl with a crazy stalker ex boyfriend who been threatening him. I told him I’d carry a Glock 9mm with the 33 round mag but he wants something that can penetrate car doors in case dude pulls up on him. Any suggestions? 10mm? .45? .56???
Get a Glock 19 and some hollow points