Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
they all strike me as a waste of time, since they all reserve the right to not take your case and drop you - even if you've been paying for years - if they see your shoot as a "bad" one. the whole point of the insurance is to cover shoots that aren't clear cut, because that's the only situation where you're going to need it. with any home or car insurance policy, you can see in black and white what's covered or not, but not with these ccw insurers, you're basically at their mercy. i would be very interested in seeing the cases that these ccw insurance companies chose not to cover, i think the best place to look would be court records of lawsuits against these organizations but this would take more time and money than i'm willing to invest.

if you're willing to pay for something like this my advice would be to get a local criminal defense lawyer on retainer (this is what i did, and i got a guy who's part of a medium sized firm so the retainer's also good for civil/property/probate/etc. matters). the upfront fee is gonna hurt but you'll save money in the long run vs. ccw insurance, plus you know your guy will actually show up to court for you.
This is great advice.
Thank you!

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
d50.jpg
olight.jpg
Just bout 5 odins myself.

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hey y'all, I'm considering getting my first gun for self defense. shyt's getting real out here.

What do you recommend?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hey y'all, I'm considering getting my first gun for self defense. shyt's getting real out here.

What do you recommend?

Self defense implies you want to conceal carry. Which would mean a pistol.

You probably have little to no experience with guns, so you should go to a range with someone who knows how to shoot and rent different caliber guns, start small and work your way up until you find something comfortable for you that you can shoot well.

There's too many women's defense shooting classes and courses, and groups shyt out there for women. It's not even a race thing although that can be a factor as well. Most broads want or need a gun to protect against domestic violence, rape or they live alone, live with other women etc.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter

What do you recommend?

Depending on what state you live in, there might be some limits to the different types of firearms you can get.

For a pistol that is compact and you can carry on yourself while out in the public and can also be use at home, the S&W M&P Shield (9mm) is a good gun, Glock 42 (.380mm) and the Glock 43 (9mm).

If you can afford 2 guns, buy the pistol and buy a rifle at the same time.

You should also check out Tig at My Sister's Keeper Defense she teaches self defense classes for women:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Went to the gun store this morning in Atlanta. Thought I'd do a little browsing.

There was a line outside and it was 100% black people :whoo:

This isn't a small gun store/range either, its one of the biggest in Atlanta. a 1.5 hour wait to get inside, longer just to shoot.

Then there was a 2nd line of people just picking up guns and it was 100% black people. I wasn't even mad I had to leave, I loved to see it. :salute:

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Went to the gun store this morning in Atlanta. Thought I'd do a little browsing.

This isn't a small gun store/range either, its one of the biggest in Atlanta. a 1.5 hour wait to get inside, longer just to shoot.

Then there was a 2nd line of people just picking up guns and it was 100% black people. I wasn't even mad I had to leave, I loved to see it. :salute:
same story here my breh... lines out the door with all black/asian families all of march and may/june... and i live basically the most cac-infested state so i love seeing it too :salute:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

What do you recommend?

Depends on what type of defense
Its an election year and it seeems like the antingunners will win this year

I would suggest getting a rifle and mags and trying to get a pistol as a secondary, but id the priority is tou need something concealed get a pistol and try to handle them and get one from a major manufacturer and you will most likely be good.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

:wow: