Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Dr. Fauci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I own a all black 92FS beretta, and an AR-15 with a EOTech graphic

Next on the list is a conceal handgun, and a shotgun

Edit: actually next on the list is a .22 conversion for the AR...not trying to spend a paycheck every time I go to the range, but I still want to train with it

earlycuyler

Rookie
Daps
True, my first AR was a Bushmaster .223, but I didn't enjoy how loud it was. I have two 300 Blackouts, a full size and a short barrel, I have yet to shoot the full size yet. But I agree with everything you've stated. I would almost add that someone should get an AR style 22 rifle when starting out. It's good for plinking and the ammo is cheap, when you can find it. I just get subsonic ammo though.
Not knocking .300 blk at all I have a 10.5" ar pistol in it. With the suppressor all you hear is the action and the thud of 220grains of copper plated lead hitting the target.:blessed:

earlycuyler

Rookie
Daps
I own a all black 92FS beretta, and an AR-15 with a EOTech graphic

Next on the list is a conceal handgun, and a shotgun

Edit: actually next on the list is a .22 conversion for the AR...not trying to spend a paycheck every time I go to the range, but I still want to train with it

You can find .22s? shyts been dry here since sandy hook on em.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm looking to purchase a good assault rifle and a handgun. Anyone have any suggestions?

@Crackface @Mr. Somebody @beaniemac

Rifle? Get yourself a smith and wesson M&P AR-15.

Pistol? You can't go wrong Springfield XD and Smith and wesson M&P can be found for the low and they're both solid firearms.

Go to a range and shoot some 9mms

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wanted to keep it around 500-750 per gun.

Springfield XD is right in this range and is a solid weapon. That rifle I told you, the M&P AR-15 can be bought after fees and all that at right around $700 even.

shyt is addicting tho breh, if I was making more money I'd be dropping racks at the gunstore :wow:

Last edited:

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody knoe about s&w ar15 sport? I thought about getting it as my 1st ar. It shoots .223/5.56 and I dont fell like dropping that money on a colt ar

Heard it's an awesome rifle for the price. I got my eyes on that, plan on getting it once I have enough money saved up. Honestly there's no need to spend all that much money on an AR unless you really want to like on the colts or something like that. M&P sport just doesn't have a dust cover, doesn't have a forward assist, but you don't need all that. If you just want a solid quality rifle that fires 5.56/.223 you should strongly consider getting it

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
$250 is a little low, you might only be able to get a hi-point or some other janky gun for that. if you up that budget to $275 or even $300 you can get some nice guns like the bersa thunder 380, kel-tec pf9, or the ruger lcp 380. a handgun is definitely something i wouldn't cheap out on since it's something you're planning on buying to help defend your life. but that said, even a hi-point is better than nothing.

edit: pf9 for exactly $250 :blessed: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_150/products_id/411535236/Kel-Tec PF-9-GY PF-9 7+1 9mm 3.1"

:skip: Same gun Zimmerman used

Daps
Reppin
Not knocking .300 blk at all I have a 10.5" ar pistol in it. With the suppressor all you hear is the action and the thud of 220grains of copper plated lead hitting the target.:blessed:

Is it difficult to get a suppressor for a rifle ?

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
It's a time consuming process as well as expensive.It depends on your state laws as well. Plus you have to get fingerprinted and purchase a class 3 tax stamp.

1. Fingerprinted by local sheriff or CLEO; unless you set up a trust
2. Pay $200 for the tax stamp.
3. Go to a local class 3 dealer in your state and purchase your suppressor of choice.Most suppressor larger than .22lr are going to cost just as much as the rifle.
4. Wait 9 months to a year for your suppressor.

I live in KS, where in 2013 they passed a law stating that we can manufacture our own suppressors without the federal tax stamp. We just can't transport the suppressor across state lines.

earlycuyler

Rookie
Daps
Difficult? No. Just took a while. A lawyer owns my local class 3 dealer so he didi a trust for free which allowed me to e-file instead of paper file. Only took about four months. The e file computer system has since crashed and its paper file only for a while which is 9-12 months. Aint nothin like spendin $1100 and walkin out with nothin.:damn:

earlycuyler

Rookie
Daps
Anybody knoe about s&w ar15 sport? I thought about getting it as my 1st ar. It shoots .223/5.56 and I dont fell like dropping that money on a colt ar
Yea I got one. Great gun great price. Some look down on them for not having a dust cover or forward assist but I've never had the need for either. Id reccomend it for sure.