Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok :manny:

My wingmaster 870 magnum was made in 1992 well before the "quality control" issues. So I guess thats why I haven't ever experienced any issues with it, as someone who shoots slugs at the range and hunting ammo through it.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
sig sauer germany has gone bankrupt, there goes my dream of ever copping a brand new p226 x5 or x6 grail gun. :mjcry:
About to add this FNX45 to my collection, threaded barrel and all
i'm not the biggest fan of mine. the trigger's very meh, and idk how to explain it but it's like the gun has no soul, i get no joy at all from shooting it. disassembly is awful, everything is as tiny as possible and you need a .028" hex key to take it apart. it shouldn't be taking an armorer an hour and a half to take apart an otherwise normal pistol lol. also i've heard from others that fn gets really pissy about replacing small parts under warranty, they really don't want you modifying anything or even detail stripping it to clean it.
N1L3X9q.jpg
what kind of gun are you looking for? big 45? large frame combat pistol? something that can take a red dot or a can? the arex rex zero 1 tactical checks a lot of those boxes off, is nicer, and costs like $200 less.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
sig sauer germany has gone bankrupt, there goes my dream of ever copping a brand new p226 x5 or x6 grail gun. :mjcry:

i'm not the biggest fan of mine. the trigger's very meh, and idk how to explain it but it's like the gun has no soul, i get no joy at all from shooting it. disassembly is awful, everything is as tiny as possible and you need a .028" hex key to take it apart. it shouldn't be taking an armorer an hour and a half to take apart an otherwise normal pistol lol. also i've heard from others that fn gets really pissy about replacing small parts under warranty, they really don't want you modifying anything or even detail stripping it to clean it.
N1L3X9q.jpg
what kind of gun are you looking for? big 45? large frame combat pistol? something that can take a red dot or a can? the arex rex zero 1 tactical checks a lot of those boxes off, is nicer, and costs like $200 less.

dammmn that hoe is so beautiful! :noah:

Have you had any problems with the firing pin?? How's the trigger pull? As crisp as a 1911?

I'm definitely gonna checc out that gun you co-signed, cuz it checcs all my boxes. .45 and Chunky!

east

Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
dammmn that hoe is so beautiful! :noah:

Have you had any problems with the firing pin?? How's the trigger pull? As crisp as a 1911?

I'm definitely gonna checc out that gun you co-signed, cuz it checcs all my boxes. .45 and Chunky!
no problems with parts on the fnx, from what i've read it's the 509s with the bad firing pin. the trigger is not very good, looooong uptake, inconsistent break, it's nowhere near as nice as a 1911. the reset is good tho. i think i'm kinda making it sound worse than it is, i've never felt "oh i wasted my money on this gun," it's just a totally average combat trigger lol. the arex is a 9 btw not a 45 and if you like chunky grips you'll love it.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man those first two pics with the X in them. you will snap the shyt outta the meat between your thumbs if you hold a gun like that when the slide recoils. let that happen once, and you'll learn not to do that ever again.

Hell yea. I've seen that shyt happen too many times. And everytime it required stitches

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
no problems with parts on the fnx, from what i've read it's the 509s with the bad firing pin. the trigger is not very good, looooong uptake, inconsistent break, it's nowhere near as nice as a 1911. the reset is good tho. i think i'm kinda making it sound worse than it is, i've never felt "oh i wasted my money on this gun," it's just a totally average combat trigger lol. the arex is a 9 btw not a 45 and if you like chunky grips you'll love it.

yeah the trigger pull is literally the only con ive heard about that gun . All in all , ive heard nothing but good things

and a 9? hmmmm , Ive never owned OR shot a 9. I usually want .40 or bigger , but my brothers swear by 9s. Sell me on a 9mm breh, whats so good about them? i usually want stopping power

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I already know about slide bite.
You would think the weight from the gun would already have ya wrist tight; its not like ya wrist will be lose since you holding the gun up

Idk how else to tighten it unless i squeeze the gun
:yeshrug:

No actually the weight of the gun will actually make you wrist limp and when you fire the gun (depending on the caliber and the load), you will experience a muzzle flip, which shows the shooter that you do not have your wrist tight enough. It's like giving a firm handshake

A Limp wrist can also cause malfunctions

How to Correct & Fix Limp Wristing
Literal-Limp-Wrist-1024x576.jpg

Literal Limp Wrist
Limp wristing gets a bad rep since it’s not just the wrist that is doing something wrong. It’s likely the entire combination of grip, strength, and stance.

I find a lot of newbies will have some sort of limp wrist failure, but that it can be fixed with technique rather than going to the gym.

Stance
Seems a little weird, how can how you’re standing affect the gun properly recoiling. But I believe with a proper stance that is stable and not leaning back, you set the foundation for everything else.

Grip
The most important part. You want your hands to be as close to the slide as possible, but obviously not actually behind or on it. This is also known as getting close to the “bore axis,” where bore is the inside of the barrel, and pretty much in the middle of the slide.

The first part is your strong hand and putting the webbing between your thumb and second finger as high up as possible.

High-Pistol-Grip-Shannon-Smith-1024x527.png

High Pistol Grip, Shannon Smith
Another good tip is to align the slide (which will be moving back and forth) with your forearm bones. This will help dampen the recoil and move it into you not to the sides.

Handgun-Alignment-Bearing-Arms.jpg

Handgun Alignment, Bearing Arms
Now let’s take a look at the left side of the gun and the empty space. We want to fill up as much area on the gun as possible with your other hand.

Handgun-Grip-Empty-Left-Side-Shannon-Smith-1024x526.png

Handgun Grip Empty Left Side, Shannon Smith
This is known as the thumb over thumb handgun grip.

Thumb-Over-Thumb-Handgun-Grip-Shannon-Smith-1024x525.png

Thumb Over Thumb Handgun Grip, Shannon Smith
From farther away, you can see that the support hand wrist is pretty tilted, or set. Once you lock it in, it should help out immensely.

Handgun-Grip-Set-Wrist-Shannon-Smith-1024x522.png

Handgun Grip Set Wrist, Shannon Smith
Lastly, to double check your hand/wrist placement, you can extend out your support hand to see if the four fingers are at a 45 degree angle to the slide.

Handgun-Grip-Wrist-Check-Shannon-Smith-1-1024x523.png

Handgun Grip Wrist Check, Shannon Smith

Conclusion
With a better stance and grip technique, you can fix your limp wristing.

And don’t worry if your shooting buddy was unable to replicate it. Soon you’ll have enough muscle memory of the correct way that you couldn’t do it even if you tried.

Below are the videos so you can see more limp wristing and the complete advice of Shannon Smith. I recommend watching it even if you currently don’t have problems with limp wristing since he goes over so much more stuff such as push/pull and how to shoot faster.

via: What is Limp Wrist Shooting a Gun and How to Correct - Pew Pew Tactical

Last edited:

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

N1L3X9q.jpg
Sig ain't going nowhere. Trust. My local spot had a refurbished 226 with a sig zero optic mounted for $800 and I didn't jump on it.:snoop:

east

Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England