Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
why a Glock 17? Why not a 19 or 45 or 21? I really hate glocks naming convention but they make very good quality pistols but what sold you on a 17?

if you plan on carrying concealed you'll want the 19 or something along those lines

Yeah it sold me on the quality and availability of parts for it. Guy at the shop said it was like the Honda of guns. I had been looking at either the 17 or 19 for a while but everywhere online was sold out. I plan on mainly just keeping it at the house except for when going to the shooting range. I know the 17 has a bigger magazine than the 19 but they didn't have any 19s. Don't know much about the other ones. Just got something for home protection to have and to go to the range with. I was able to take it today and we went to the range to try it out. It was nice. We usually shoot 9mm at the range so thats what I'm most comfortable with. My boy has a S&W 40 which gave me bit more kickback and kept jamming up on me. He said it was nerves and could be or maybe I'm just not used to the 40. I do need to order a cleaning kit for it and a safe or something cuz they gave me some cheap plastic case but I want to see if I get something better. I also need bullets. I purchased a box for it but used those up. Maybe in the future I'll get a 19 or something for concealed but I haven't been in a situation on the road where I needed one. Even tho better to be safe than sorry.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Yeah it sold me on the quality and availability of parts for it. Guy at the shop said it was like the Honda of guns. I had been looking at either the 17 or 19 for a while but everywhere online was sold out. I plan on mainly just keeping it at the house except for when going to the shooting range. I know the 17 has a bigger magazine than the 19 but they didn't have any 19s. Don't know much about the other ones. Just got something for home protection to have and to go to the range with. I was able to take it today and we went to the range to try it out. It was nice. We usually shoot 9mm at the range so thats what I'm most comfortable with. My boy has a S&W 40 which gave me bit more kickback and kept jamming up on me. He said it was nerves and could be or maybe I'm just not used to the 40. I do need to order a cleaning kit for it and a safe or something cuz they gave me some cheap plastic case but I want to see if I get something better. I also need bullets. I purchased a box for it but used those up. Maybe in the future I'll get a 19 or something for concealed but I haven't been in a situation on the road where I needed one. Even tho better to be safe than sorry.

you got a good gun. i had a 17 back in the day. when you're ready to get the 19 look at the smith and wesson sd9ve, which is basically a clone of the 19, but for a couple hundred less.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
with that Glock I’m positive a lot of the models accept the same mags I’ve seen them from anywhere from 19-23-27 I want to say 33 and a whole drum for some reason :russ: but that is a cross different models...I would suggest that you try different models out they all have outstanding support and accessories I mean it’s glock...If you aren’t trying to do EDC or concealed just check them out. But you didn’t really say anything to me why you needed to have one type over the other and if the one you want is sold out maybe you’d like a 19X or something?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
with that Glock I’m positive a lot of the models accept the same mags I’ve seen them from anywhere from 19-23-27 I want to say 33 and a whole drum for some reason :russ: but that is a cross different models...I would suggest that you try different models out they all have outstanding support and accessories I mean it’s glock...If you aren’t trying to do EDC or concealed just check them out. But you didn’t really say anything to me why you needed to have one type over the other and if the one you want is sold out maybe you’d like a 19X or something?
Yeah I was good with either one. I had just heard good things online about the 17 and 19. Would've preferred the 19 but they didn't have that one so 17 was fine. I'll have to look into those different magazines in the future.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

https://www.thecoli.com/goto/post?id=37888028#post-37888028

See my above video. I have the 17 and the 19 in it.

Maximum capacity difference is 2 rounds. The 17 has a 17 rd magazine the 19 has a 15. If you live in a state with restrictions they both have a 10 rd limit. Otherwise you can always get a 33rd or 50/100 rd drum for both. 17 is going to be a larger gun but depending what generation you get there's differences and pluses and minuses.

Last edited:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
See my above video. I have the 17 and the 19 in it.

Maximum capacity difference is 2 rounds. The 17 has a 17 rd magazine the 19 has a 15. If you live in a state with restrictions they both have a 10 rd limit. Otherwise you can always get a 33rd or 50/100 rd drum for both. 17 is going to be a larger gun but depending what generation you get there's differences and pluses and minuses.
Yeah I'm in Florida so you know all kinds of fukkery is probably allowed here.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The 5. I think the 4 has a different grip on it.
Glock-G17-Gen-5-PA1750203-764503022616.jpg_2.jpg

Or

glock-17-gen4-pistol-1241315-1.jpg

Do you know if it came with any tritium/Amarillo sights or glock night sights or just stock sights?

Whore D'oeuvres

Still Trippin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Soufside
you got a good gun. i had a 17 back in the day. when you're ready to get the 19 look at the smith and wesson sd9ve, which is basically a clone of the 19, but for a couple hundred less.
Not the SD9 :stopitslime:

Glock has way, way more options for sights and anything else you could imagine and Glocks hold their value better than those new-age sigmas

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Not the SD9 :stopitslime:

Glock has way, way more options for sights and anything else you could imagine and Glocks hold their value better than those new-age sigmas

those guns get good reviews and I’ve owned one for a time before I gave it away. I’m not a gun snob man. I have enough high priced guns that what I look for now are affordable and functional firearms. Today you can get a good gun for less than 350.