Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
hit the gym breh...it's all self defense....most importantly will be to strengthen your grip...but I can honestly tell you that you do not lose any type of way being in better physical condition, better fundamentals, etc...It's all about your readiness.

I aint never been a workout person plus i cant really work my arms out cuz my shoulders burn fast doing normal shyt (due to a car wreck)

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
You own a gun? If so see my above indoor shooting video. Practice as much as possible. Helps get rid of those jitters and correct your form, BEFORE you go to the range and spend all that money trembling, missing the target, working on alignment and posture etc.

I don't no more but plan on getting one soon.
And I'll watch the video soon.

I think i only missed the target once in all my shooting but sometimes my shot is in the arm or too far off from the bullseye

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought 45s have stronger kickback
:jbhmm:

Its all personal opinion, but I shoot 45 90% of the time and I feel the recoil is different....its not more or less than 9mm, just different. I can't really explain it.

It feels smoother and more predictable than 9mm. While it might be stronger, I feel the recoil throughout the entire gun so it feels easier to manage.

9mm feels really snappy and I feel the recoil almost exclusively in the muzzle.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I thought 45s have stronger kickback
:jbhmm:
Its all personal opinion, but I shoot 45 90% of the time and I feel the recoil is different....its not more or less than 9mm, just different. I can't really explain it.

It feels smoother and more predictable than 9mm. While it might be stronger, I feel the recoil throughout the entire gun so it feels easier to manage.

9mm feels really snappy and I feel the recoil almost exclusively in the muzzle.
What i read is basically 45's shoot a larger projectile but at a lower velocity. the 9's shoot a smaller projectile at a higher velocity.
I'd have to research more but if thats the case, that might explain the difference in recoil.

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
What i read is basically 45's shoot a larger projectile but at a lower velocity. the 9's shoot a smaller projectile at a higher velocity.
I'd have to research more but if thats the case, that might explain the difference in recoil.

Ima just get me a M&P Bodyguard
:mjgrin:

apig87wsr__09152.1562103327.jpg

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house

If you want a lower velocity 9mm get 147 grain ammo. 45’s also tend to be heavier and soak up more felt recoil. 9mm tend to be lighter and with 115 grain ammo more felt recoil. Shoot an all metal 9 like a 226 with 147 grain ammo low felt recoil.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt I got a shield 2.0 and hell yeah I just slide that bytch in my pocket...I think I carry that more than I carry the shyt I consider my every day carry....It's small enough to just fit in my pockets and not print...I know I should have a holster i'll get one eventually. That's improper carrying. Especially as it gets hotter out here that little pocket carry goes smooth.

Ima just get me a M&P Bodyguard
:mjgrin:

apig87wsr__09152.1562103327.jpg

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
shyt I got a shield 2.0 and hell yeah I just slide that bytch in my pocket...I think I carry that more than I carry the shyt I consider my every day carry....It's small enough to just fit in my pockets and not print...I know I should have a holster i'll get one eventually. That's improper carrying. Especially as it gets hotter out here that little pocket carry goes smooth.

Thats what i planned to do but i dont have a LTC
:mjcry:

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Brehs, my handling be on :mjcry: mode.
Last few times at the range after the first shot, the nerves in my hands will have it trembling like im nervous.

I know im skinny but god damn. Its like i gotta gain weight just to shoot. Thats why i fukks with guns with not a lot of recoil cuz i dont have that problem.
(Cz, baretta, .357 magnum all did this)
:mjcry:

The reason why you hand are shaky and your nerves are all fukked up, is because you are anticipating the recoil or the feel of the gun, also you body has not gotten use to hearing and feeling the gunshot.

Like what @Wildin said, you have to practice at home, but you have to go to the gun rage and shoot more also, so your body can get use to the feel of a gun being fired. What I suggest also is the next time you go to the gun range, just stand back and get a feel of the gun blasts going off in the range, after you body gets adjusted to the feel of the gun blast, start shooting.

It's normal, mostly everybody somewhat goes through it, when you first start shooting. After a few times, you will stop being so jumpy when you start shooting.

It's when you about to fukk a bytch for the first time, the bytch may be jumpy/nervous and shyt and after the first time you smash the bytch, the bytch nerves is gone and the 2nd and 3rd time, the bytch is fukking like a pro.

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
The reason why you hand are shaky and your nerves are all fukked up, is because you are anticipating the recoil or the feel of the gun, also you body has not gotten use to hearing and feeling the gunshot.

Like what @Wildin said, you have to practice at home, but you have to go to the gun rage and shoot more also, so your body can get use to the feel of a gun being fired. What I suggest also is the next time you go to the gun range, just stand back and get a feel of the gun blasts going off in the range, after you body gets adjusted to the feel of the gun blast, start shooting.

It's normal, mostly everybody somewhat goes through it, when you first start shooting. After a few times, you will stop being so jumpy when you start shooting.

It's when you about to fukk a bytch for the first time, the bytch may be jumpy/nervous and shyt and after the first time you smash the bytch, the bytch nerves is gone and the 2nd and 3rd time, the bytch is fukking like a pro.

Yeah.
Ima watch that video above.
And yeah ima have to get more used to it.
Recently, i been lying down looking at my wrist on some "do i gotta hold it a certain way or tighten my wrist more? :jbhmm:"

Bunchy Carter

Daps
Reppin
Yeah.
Ima watch that video above.
And yeah ima have to get more used to it.
Recently, i been lying down looking at my wrist on some "do i gotta hold it a certain way or tighten my wrist more? :jbhmm:"

Yes you should tighten your wrist more and improve your grip on your pistol, that will help with the muzzle flip. Also, having the proper grip, will prevent slide bite:

26220010_405074926591695_9061022957764628993_n.jpg

Bunchy Carter

Daps
Reppin

Check out 77 solutions. It's a Black own holster mfg
77Solutions

Last edited:

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
Yes you should tighten your wrist more and improve your grip on your pistol, that will help with the muzzle flip. Also, having the proper grip, will prevent slide bite:

26220010_405074926591695_9061022957764628993_n.jpg

I already know about slide bite.
You would think the weight from the gun would already have ya wrist tight; its not like ya wrist will be lose since you holding the gun up

Idk how else to tighten it unless i squeeze the gun
:yeshrug:

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
you can do dry fire drills like @Wildin in posted, another drill is to balance a coin on your front sight and try to dry fire without it falling off. or you can go right off the deep end like this one breh i know lol, i lent him my desert eagle until he fixed his flinch. once you can shoot the x-ring with that or a big bore revolver - even if the recoil is too much for you for anything outside of a bullseye situation - you won't have any trouble with a "normal" caliber automatic.

edit: it sounds like you're shooting at a silhouette? if you're a novice and are hitting the arm i don't think that's awful, there's plenty of cacs who have been shooting for years and can barely hit the paper:yeshrug: i think you'll be fine with some practice.