Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
Help me out brehs, Im a newbie to this shyt.. have fired my uncles/grand dads AK and M1 back home

but I dont have one here. So I just walk into a gun store and cop one? Or I need a license first?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I seen indoor shooting on the video title and was like oh shyt, this motherfukker bout to cause some serious damage there. :lupe:

But that shyt looked nice with the lasers and whatnot.

I used to shoot indoors.

The dry firing helps with trigger control, form, etc. I shoot my air rifle to stay used to recoil, avoid jumping, flinching etc.

I used to super glue a dime to a string shoot the dime with my rifle. I did that because the kill window for hunting can sometimes be small and you really don't want to miss and just injure an animal. So I'd glue the dime to the string practice bringing the rifle up, use good control and posture and make a good shot.

Whore D'oeuvres

Still Trippin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Soufside
those guns get good reviews and I’ve owned one for a time before I gave it away. I’m not a gun snob man. I have enough high priced guns that what I look for now are affordable and functional firearms. Today you can get a good gun for less than 350.
I understand where you're coming from. You just get way more options with the Glock and if you sell it you can get your money right back.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
What gun safes do you guys have?
RPNB Gun Safe, Smart Pistol Safe w/5-Digit PIN Keypad Handgun Security Safe with LED & RFID Quick Access, Measures 14.5" x 9.1" x 3.5", Anchoring on Floor, Wall or closet

EDIT: I tried to paste the link to my safe, but for some reason it's not showing up. I ordered mine on Amazon.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I was showing my dad the 17 last night and he has something himself. He showed it to me and it's an old 357 magnum. Got it nearly 40 years ago before he married my mom. He had some bullets for it but was trying to find some 38s for it. Do they still make bullets for those old ass revolvers? The ones he had were longer than the ones for my 9mm.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was showing my dad the 17 last night and he has something himself. He showed it to me and it's an old 357 magnum. Got it nearly 40 years ago before he married my mom. He had some bullets for it but was trying to find some 38s for it. Do they still make bullets for those old ass revolvers? The ones he had were longer than the ones for my 9mm.

Yeah they do. Check online. I don't know what stores you have near you, you might be able to just bring that gun to a gunstore and say "got any ammo?"

They are used to that right now.

I was talking to a worker at the gun counter while waiting for a pickup. He said people were literally coming in with old guns from the attic or their parents house from when they died like "do you have ammo for this? What is this?"

They were out out 9mm and .40 and some other common rounds so people were grabbing random ammo off the shelves and asking "you guys sell anything that can shoot this?" "Ok I'll buy it!"

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Been practicing disassembly and getting the hang of it to some extent. I know you gotta use your right hand to grip the back of the handle and barrel and pull back but my hands get sweaty or I just dont get a decent grip so I gotta pull back with that hand and use my left hand at the front of the barrel to give it more of a push and get it back so I can hold it and use my left hand to pull down the little ridges and release the top. Taking out the barrel and spring is easy of course. What I need is a cleaning kit. You guys have any recommendations?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Been practicing disassembly and getting the hang of it to some extent. I know you gotta use your right hand to grip the back of the handle and barrel and pull back but my hands get sweaty or I just dont get a decent grip so I gotta pull back with that hand and use my left hand at the front of the barrel to give it more of a push and get it back so I can hold it and use my left hand to pull down the little ridges and release the top. Taking out the barrel and spring is easy of course. What I need is a cleaning kit. You guys have any recommendations?

I dont know if it's frowned upon but for my 17, I pull back the slide and pull up the slide lock, or you can keep an empty magazine in it and pull the slide back and it'll lock. Once the slide is locked remove the mag and pull it back a little further and release it while you continue to hold the tabs down it'll come forward then you pull the trigger and it's off. Or if you still have trouble pulling the slide back when it's locked, remove the magazine and then press the slide lock, it'll release the slide but remember it's a slide lock, not a slide release. Some people confused slide locks with slide releases and do things like file it down so it's easier to press and release the slide. That is not what it is intended for.

A basic cleaning kit comes with some brushes, some cloths, oil and cleaner.

You can easily but together your own kit a la carte. If you go to any sporting goods store or gun shop they have oil, cleaner and brushes. As far as cloths I use old white tee shirts.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I dont know if it's frowned upon but for my 17, I pull back the slide and pull up the slide lock, or you can keep an empty magazine in it and pull the slide back and it'll lock. Once the slide is locked remove the mag and pull it back a little further and release it while you continue to hold the tabs down it'll come forward then you pull the trigger and it's off. Or if you still have trouble pulling the slide back when it's locked, remove the magazine and then press the slide lock, it'll release the slide but remember it's a slide lock, not a slide release. Some people confused slide locks with slide releases and do things like file it down so it's easier to press and release the slide. That is not what it is intended for.

A basic cleaning kit comes with some brushes, some cloths, oil and cleaner.

You can easily but together your own kit a la carte. If you go to any sporting goods store or gun shop they have oil, cleaner and brushes. As far as cloths I use old white tee shirts.
Yeah I think I been doing it with the trigger trick cuz what I would do is with no clip, cock it back, then pull the trigger back and it makes a light pop sound, then pull the slide back and push down the clips and let it go forward. Sometimes it'll slide forward and out and sometimes I would have to press the trigger again and it'll release forward. I don't think I've seen videos of using the trigger instead of just pushing it forward and out, but I searched and didn't find anything saying a wrong way to disassemble. I guess as long as you don't force anything it comes off correctly.

Yeah I'll have to see what I have and and cleaning kit I can come up with.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
U don't really need a kit. I use these

Those patches can probably be found cheaper. I still got patches from a decade ago. They last long.

If u purchased your gun new, it should come with a cleaning tool.

I'd add a box of q tips and a toothbrush for cleaning. And u have your own kit. And a microfiber cloth of some kind.

Most important thing is not to over oil and don't keep a round in the chamber until you develop confidence with your firearm.

I'd also order some dummy rounds/snapcaps for practicing. I copped these on ebay

5 PACK B's Dry Fire Snap Caps 9MM Luger Snap Caps Dummy 9mm Training Rounds BR | eBay

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Yeah I think I been doing it with the trigger trick cuz what I would do is with no clip, cock it back, then pull the trigger back and it makes a light pop sound, then pull the slide back and push down the clips and let it go forward. Sometimes it'll slide forward and out and sometimes I would have to press the trigger again and it'll release forward. I don't think I've seen videos of using the trigger instead of just pushing it forward and out, but I searched and didn't find anything saying a wrong way to disassemble. I guess as long as you don't force anything it comes off correctly.

Yeah I'll have to see what I have and and cleaning kit I can come up with.
Its ok to pull the trigger while you disassemble. Just always inspect the chamber before u disassemble. A lot of striker fired weapons make u do that. With glocks tho, u don't have to pull the slide too far back before pulling the disassemble tabs. But if u pull it to far back u will reset the trigger and have to pull the trigger for the slide to come off

Don't baby your guns. They're tools. The only reason I got a glock is they require little maintenance(even tho I find gun cleaning relaxing) and because they're popular and was always the training weapon for different courses I took.