Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So, just found out that S&W rifle is banned in MD. Had to cancel. Back to the drawing board... @east Are there any other good alternatives besides the Palmetto? It's legal here, but your description makes it sound kinda wack. I don't plan on buying a lot of guns, so I'd prefer to buy quality ones that will last, as long as the prices aren't crazy.

Also, what is the deal with buying the upper and lower separately? I assume this is assembling it yourself? If it is just simple assembly, then I would go for it. Can someone elaborate?

Nothing wack about PSA, its a solid brand and if you run good ammo and clean it, it should last you just as long as a crazy high end rifle like a Radian model 1.

Also check out aero precision, they are a major players in the custom build market. I have one of their complete lowers and never had a single issue with it.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Nothing wack about PSA, its a solid brand and if you run good ammo and clean it, it should last you just as long as a crazy high end rifle like a Radian model 1.

Also check out aero precision, they are a major players in the custom build market. I have one of their complete lowers and never had a single issue with it.
Looking at AP's site, it's a little confusing. Am I buying the "lower" and the barrel separately? Or is there more to it? Do they all work together?

EDIT: I see the "uppers" too. So 3 parts needed?

Anyone hear of Double Star before? They have one that just went on sale for 599

Last edited:

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Looking at AP's site, it's a little confusing. Am I buying the "lower" and the barrel separately? Or is there more to it? Do they all work together?

Anyone hear of Double Star before? They have one that just went on sale for 599
if you're not buying a complete rifle, go with something from this category: AR15 Complete Lower Receivers | Aero Precision and something from this one: AR15 Complete Upper Receivers | Aero Precision i think it's gonna be very difficult to put something together out of their inventory that's ban state compliant. buying barrels is for building a complete upper yourself, you need several uncommon tools for the build and i don't think it's worth it. also everything will be more expensive direct from aero precision cause they don't wanna undercut their dealers. but the blemished items ("blems") on their site are actually a good deal but go out of stock real fast.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The easiest route is to buy a complete rifle or just go with a complete lower and a complete upper and snap em together.

But I just checked aero's site and all of their complete uppers are sold out. But you can find their stuff in many places....opticsplanet for example.

edit: @east beat me to it

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
if you're not buying a complete rifle, go with something from this category: AR15 Complete Lower Receivers | Aero Precision and something from this one: AR15 Complete Upper Receivers | Aero Precision i think it's gonna be very difficult to put something together out of their inventory that's ban state compliant. buying barrels is for building a complete upper yourself, you need several uncommon tools for the build and i don't think it's worth it. also everything will be more expensive direct from aero precision cause they don't wanna undercut their dealers. but the blemished items ("blems") on their site are actually a good deal but go out of stock real fast.

The easiest route is to buy a complete rifle or just go with a complete lower and a complete upper and snap em together.

But I just checked aero's site and all of their complete uppers are sold out. But you can find their stuff in many places....opticsplanet for example.

edit: @east beat me to it

Yeah, I think I should just grab a complete rifle. Not trying to keep playing games with the ban list, and trying to get ready sooner rather than later. No opinion on the Double Star for 599? STARCAR

Browsing Palmetto's site, and there is a daily deal on a lower would these work? Unless I'm missing something, I get these two parts, some mags, and I'm set?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...blk-without-bcg-or-charging-handle-48199.html

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15-complete-classic-stealth-lower.html

Pretty cheap, and the reviews are good.

Last edited:

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Yeah, I think I should just grab a complete rifle. Not trying to keep playing games with the ban list, and trying to get ready sooner rather than later. No opinion on the Double Star for 599? STARCAR

Browsing Palmetto's site, and there is a daily deal on a lower would these work? Unless I'm missing something, I get these two parts, some mags, and I'm set?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...blk-without-bcg-or-charging-handle-48199.html

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15-complete-classic-stealth-lower.html

Pretty cheap, and the reviews are good.
never shot or even seen a doublestar irl :yeshrug:

the two things you linked don't make a complete rifle, you still need a rear sight (minor installation required), mags, a charging handle, and bolt carrier group. bcg - this isn't a good deal but they're kind of hard to find rn - Toolcraft Black Nitride 5.56/223 Bolt Carrier Group (AR15/M16)-MPI Tested and a milspec ch can be found for like $15 at any gun store

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
never shot or even seen a doublestar irl :yeshrug:

the two things you linked don't make a complete rifle, you still need a rear sight (minor installation required), mags, a charging handle, and bolt carrier group. bcg - this isn't a good deal but they're kind of hard to find rn - Toolcraft Black Nitride 5.56/223 Bolt Carrier Group (AR15/M16)-MPI Tested and a milspec ch can be found for like $15 at any gun store
Okay. Nevermind that. Looking like I should just spend another 50 from the M&P and cop this : https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...ghtweight-m-lok-classic-rifle-5165450254.html

Everything cheaper that doesn't sound like trash is OOS

EDIT: Too late, OOS :snoop:

Last edited:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
What's your preferred brand of ammunition when it comes to 9mm and .556 caliber weapons?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Just got my first eotech...

I’ve been avoiding them because of the price and I didn’t think it was worth it. Just messing around with it in the backyard....I can clearly tell the difference. It’s so nice, I’m hooked :wow:

Gonna try to zero it this weekend if the range is too crowded with people panicking over the riots

qKLMHUt.png
THinking about buying a used one. We'll see

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Just got my first eotech...

I’ve been avoiding them because of the price and I didn’t think it was worth it. Just messing around with it in the backyard....I can clearly tell the difference. It’s so nice, I’m hooked :wow:

Gonna try to zero it this weekend if the range is too crowded with people panicking over the riots

qKLMHUt.png

EOTECH:gladbron:

I see you:
:jawalrus: