Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
appleseed courses are also a great resource and free. My skill went up exponentially after i attended their training camp.

I haven’t done any of these programs...I’ve only did whatever military training I could..but I’m retiring soon. Can you link me to some of their training I wonder if I could maybe qualify for some of it like clearing.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I haven’t done any of these programs...I’ve only did whatever military training I could..but I’m retiring soon. Can you link me to some of their training I wonder if I could maybe qualify for some of it like clearing.

https://appleseedinfo.org/schedulemap/

https://appleseedinfo.org/programs/

The teachers were super cool too. I went with a black breh of mine and he agreed that it was a very positive experience.

Project Appleseed™ isn’t a gun club or a militia, nor is it a historical society. Instead, we are a non-partisan group of men and women (known as the Revolutionary War Veterans Association) who are committed to upholding the values and principles of America’s founding fathers. We use rifle marksmanship instruction as a gateway to help bring our nation’s history to life and to show that many of the values that our forefathers relied on to win our independence are still very much in demand today.

Through clinics and events, we teach rifle marksmanship and early American heritage to introduce individuals of all skill levels to the knowledge that was so crucial to the success of our nation’s founders. Aside from the fun and camaraderie of these events, the designed takeaway is a renewed sense of civic responsibility that each attendee can then implement in his or her own community. If we can reconnect enough people with the selfless civic virtue of our forefathers, we as a nation will all be better off.

Our goal is to create a nation of Riflemen. We’d love for you to join us.

@east

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
i haven't been to appleseed but my impression is that it's just marksmanship training, and to get kids into shooting. you're looking for something like the sig sauer academy, i went to that and recommend it. check out some course reviews here: Training AAR's | Lightfighter Tactical Forum there's a lot of gatekeeping by the guys that teach these, since you're active military you can take advantage and sign up for courses that aren't offered to civilians.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
i think that’s why plus job wise I had to carry an AR rather it was an M16 or M4 for so long that I legit think I just want something different....shyt may not be as customizable but everything just works...And it’s probably some cool add ons I can get if I research it.

There are add on you can you get for your AK, but the only problem is that not all AK's are universal (AK, AKM, AK14, AK-101, Type 56 and etc.) and you may have to do some small basic machinery work (filing, drilling and etc.) to get that snug fit. But the up side to it is that you learn more about your AK.

AK parts are out there where as you can build a AK ghost

Check out:
AK Operators Union, Local 47-74

Parts:
Carolina Shooters Supply:
Carolina Shooters Supply sells Gun Parts, Conversion Kits and Accessories for AK47 and AR15 shotguns and rifles.

K-VAR
AK Parts | Shop AK Parts and Much More at K-Var

AK-Builder.com AK Parts for Everybody

Article on the breakdown of different AK's:
Differences Between AK-47, AK-74, AKM, AK-101, and AK-12

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There are add on you can you get for your AK, but the only problem is that not all AK's are universal (AK, AKM, AK14, AK-101, Type 56 and etc.) and you may have to do some small basic machinery work (filing, drilling and etc.) to get that snug fit. But the up side to it is that you learn more about your AK.

AK parts are out there where as you can build a AK ghost

Check out:
AK Operators Union, Local 47-74

Parts:
Carolina Shooters Supply:
Carolina Shooters Supply sells Gun Parts, Conversion Kits and Accessories for AK47 and AR15 shotguns and rifles.

K-VAR
AK Parts | Shop AK Parts and Much More at K-Var

AK-Builder.com AK Parts for Everybody

Article on the breakdown of different AK's:
Differences Between AK-47, AK-74, AKM, AK-101, and AK-12

This is what I have a zastava arms ak47 zpapm70
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/869480631

I’m going to be looking for an optic/laser and light/beam.

I also got a century arms draco also and thinking I’d like a beam for it also.

I was really sitting there ready to get an AR15 and I still may eventually but I remember shooting the AK and having a more enjoyable experience honestly it’s a smell and I liked it...

I appreciate the links I’m about to check them out.
Do you use a rifle carry case or use a storage locker?

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
This is what I have a zastava arms ak47 zpapm70
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/869480631

I’m going to be looking for an optic/laser and light/beam.

I also got a century arms draco also and thinking I’d like a beam for it also.

I was really sitting there ready to get an AR15 and I still may eventually but I remember shooting the AK and having a more enjoyable experience honestly it’s a smell and I liked it...

I appreciate the links I’m about to check them out.
Do you use a rifle carry case or use a storage locker?

It's all good each one, teach one. You have a ZPAP (Serbian), you have good quality rifles, I have a Saiga AK. I just use a rifle case for rifles, easier access just in case SHTF and I do not have children. I use to have a winchester 12 gun safe, there like 400 bucks, I gave it to one of my friends, because he has twins:

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/winchester-gun-safe-12-gun-ts12-30

Draco's are nice, the beam is nice addition. For more control, for a CQB, you can get a decent red dot and get side folding stock:

DSG01348__93064.1579404596.jpg

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why don't you like foam earplugs?

I think of the little orange or maybe green ones. I grew up right next to a military base and lived ib a subdivision with military families, consequently a majority of my friends had military dad's, a few of my friends joined. I've heard ever since I was little that foams are better than nothing but not a total resolution. Most ranges will rent you or give you ear protection, the over the ear headphones.

They have a class action lawsuit commercial against 3m for foam earplugs. I'm pretty much 100% certain it says "were you in the military or law enforcement or a user of 3M earplugs that suffers from hearing loss or damage? If so you're entitled to....."

BillyBamDontGiveADamn

Too old for the shenanigans
Daps
Reppin
Dont Mess Wit Texas
300 rds later the springfield xd 9 is a great gun...no fte's ftf's nothing but bang after bang. It's an all around great pistol. Other than the primary complaints (high bore axis, top heavy) performance is on par with my glock. If you like double taps this is your gun. I prefer my glock 23 in .40 s&w...fucc wut they say about recoil and how with new ammo the 9mm is the most effective round...I 've put more rounds through my glock. From hip to target acquisition is easier...ppl complain about the glock grips...especially the gen 3 & 4 W/ finger grooves but I guess I'm just used it...It works great for me...hopefully everyone finds one they feel comfortable with...whether your really up on what's going on or all this gun talk is :duck: be safe out there.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think of the little orange or maybe green ones. I grew up right next to a military base and lived ib a subdivision with military families, consequently a majority of my friends had military dad's, a few of my friends joined. I've heard ever since I was little that foams are better than nothing but not a total resolution. Most ranges will rent you or give you ear protection, the over the ear headphones.

They have a class action lawsuit commercial against 3m for foam earplugs. I'm pretty much 100% certain it says "were you in the military or law enforcement or a user of 3M earplugs that suffers from hearing loss or damage? If so you're entitled to....."

Those little foam craps are bullshyt...we used to give them out because they were free and had a huge abundance...All of the combat arm Soldiers have legitimate hearing protection like over ear hearing protection (like the headphones)...

It’s a large class action going on in regards to the foam craps and the 3m in ear flanges as well. A lot of Service members have developed tinnitus and other hearing issues...

You will still see them giving the foam or in ear flanges out to service members who work in a loud area but for shooters every one has over ear protection some of which also allows us to use our comms.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
300 rds later the springfield xd 9 is a great gun...no fte's ftf's nothing but bang after bang. It's an all around great pistol. Other than the primary complaints (high bore axis, top heavy) performance is on par with my glock. If you like double taps this is your gun. I prefer my glock 23 in .40 s&w...fucc wut they say about recoil and how with new ammo the 9mm is the most effective round...I 've put more rounds through my glock. From hip to target acquisition is easier...ppl complain about the glock grips...especially the gen 3 & 4 W/ finger grooves but I guess I'm just used it...It works great for me...hopefully everyone finds one they feel comfortable with...whether your really up on what's going on or all this gun talk is :duck: be safe out there.

Yeah I don’t know what the politics are it seems like Springfield makes great products but due to something in the industry they have some type of issue with them...shyt I don’t own one of these gun companies to even be concerned.

I just messed around and got my first glock also but in 45 since I never had one. I want to say it’s a glock 21 however.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England

Those little foam craps are bullshyt...we used to give them out because they were free and had a huge abundance...All of the combat arm Soldiers have legitimate hearing protection like over ear hearing protection (like the headphones)...

It’s a large class action going on in regards to the foam craps and the 3m in ear flanges as well. A lot of Service members have developed tinnitus and other hearing issues...

You will still see them giving the foam or in ear flanges out to service members who work in a loud area but for shooters every one has over ear protection some of which also allows us to use our comms.
damn i didn't know about that, good looks. i'ma edit that out later, doing it on my phone is hell.

Yeah I don’t know what the politics are it seems like Springfield makes great products but due to something in the industry they have some type of issue with them...shyt I don’t own one of these gun companies to even be concerned.
they get a lotta hate cause they donated to prohibitionist democrats in illinois. they weren't even chasing a defense contract or anything like surefire was with their democratic donations, they did it cause they wanted to and even tried to hide it with a shell entity. n a lot of ppl resent them for sharking the name of a well-regarded american factory which went out of business and using it to sell guns from croatia and brazil.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, what are good AR-15 variants or other carbines for self-defense? Something good for in-home defense but also castle defense at range?

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ammo is about to spike considerably especially after trump insinuated that civilians need to go stop the riots. Also I wouldn’t be surprised if rifles started to become scarce again as well.

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ammo is about to spike considerably especially after trump insinuated that civilians need to do stop the riots. Also I wouldn’t be surprised if rifles started to become scarce again as well.

Hell yeah I’m going to get up in the morning and buy some more ammo...I got a decent stockpile for my handguns...

I probably need another 500 7.62 and about 200 luger