Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My FOID application got approved Monday, 30 days late. Will have to wait another 2 weeks till it comes in the mail. Gonna buy a CZ 97B

Any tips for a first time gun owner?

Have you bought a holster? If not buy'em. Buy and outside the waistband and and inside the waistband.

When you get your gun. Wear it around your house (unloaded). Get used to it being on your hip.

Now it's summer time so the outside joint doesn't seem practical, but under a coat in the wintertime......:demonic:

Try on clothes while you have your gun in your holster. See what fits you best. I know exactly every pair of pants, every shirt, every sweater, every jacket that hides my gun well. You should too.

Obviously learn how to break it down and put it back together. Know all the proper names of the parts and accessories. Get yourself into a class so you can get classroom educated, range time with an instructor, and ask some IRL questions.

Daps
How common are gun shows in states like GA, Texas and Florida? and is the background check extensive?

GunShows-USA – America's online directory of gun and knife shows.

My FOID application got approved Monday, 30 days late. Will have to wait another 2 weeks till it comes in the mail. Gonna buy a CZ 97B

tips hmmmm. everyone is different
learn the firearm inside out
hit the range as often as possible
take a class
dry fire

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
K12 SPORT

this pistol looks like a pretty cool range toy. all stainless steel, jetfunnel magwell, adjustable sao trigger, big ass beavertail, etc. n a sar is the only turkish gun i've ever handled that didn't feel like a piece of shyt lol. might cop one just to do experiments on it, my dealer said the street price on these is gonna be a lil under 600.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
K12 SPORT

this pistol looks like a pretty cool range toy. all stainless steel, jetfunnel magwell, adjustable sao trigger, big ass beavertail, etc. n a sar is the only turkish gun i've ever handled that didn't feel like a piece of shyt lol. might cop one just to do experiments on it, my dealer said the street price on these is gonna be a lil under 600.

i just picked up a sar b6p a couple weekends ago. not bad for 300. i'll probably get the compact when the gun shows start back up.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Ok I'm officially done with this one.

Bushmaster XM15 QRC
Vism keymod 13" drop in hand rail
Magpul MOE+ grip
Mission First Tactical minimalist stock
Magpul trigger guard
UTG BUIS
Basic Amzn red dot(might go with the Holosun 403)
Pmag 30rd mag
4VyOJbo_d.webp

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i swear by CZ but those canik joints seem like they are so well out together and I have yet to hear a complaint. My father in law has one as his EDC and swears by it...

I know it’s individual preference but I’m starting to think it’s about 5-6 brands you can’t go wrong with. I also don’t have an issue with century arms.

Any thoughts on Canik pistols?
Canik-TP9-Elite-Combat-1-768x511.jpg

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Get a good gun belt. I just paid 100 for 2 Kore essentials belt and they make a difference compared to cheaper edc belts.

A good holster is also necessary. Vedder makes some good ones. I’d go with kydex over leather iwb, but it’s just a preferrance really. I’ve bought 2 Blackhawk Total Eclipse holsters you can use inside or outside waistband.

You really just have to practice and get used to carrying it comfortably if you plan on carrying. Other than that, get a gun safe.

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
i swear by CZ but those canik joints seem like they are so well out together and I have yet to hear a complaint. My father in law has one as his EDC and swears by it...

I know it’s individual preference but I’m starting to think it’s about 5-6 brands you can’t go wrong with. I also don’t have an issue with century arms.

I here they are excellent especially for the price.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
i copped the CZ TSO off the strength of a couple recommendations including @NatiboyB and shot a few boxes thru it, this gun owns. also got the sphinx at2000s but it's in a million pieces and the manual and armorer's diagram don't have a word of english in them. :troll: so no pic, but i put another guy's vid below.
uefIEsS.jpg

Last edited:

Silent_H

Banned
Daps
Who's out on Missouri? I'm about to move over St.Louis,and I'm wondering how are the ranges there.

Looking to start my collection with a handgun, most likely an M1911 and possibly an AR-15 variant or a bolt action rifle.

Daps
i copped the CZ TSO off the strength of a couple recommendations including @NatiboyB and shot a few boxes thru it, this gun owns. also got the sphinx at2000s but it's in a million pieces and the manual and armorer's diagram don't have a word of english in them. :troll: so no pic, but i put another guy's vid below.
uefIEsS.jpg

do you shoot competitively ?