Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
The new Springfield M1A Tanker that dropped last year is beautiful, jesus :whew:

Springfield_Armory_M1A_Tanker_Semi-Automatic_.3087.62x51_Fixed_Walnut_Stock_-_2__52348.1565395268.jpg

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Is there anywhere to shoot in GA? Or does anyone know someone with a lot of land?

All the ranges around me are shut down and I really wanna try out some ammo.

another thing I’m learning is not to cheap out on the ammo, and always stock up. I have some regular ass Winchester range bullets, some American Eagle FMJ, and 300 rounds of Critical Duty 135 Grain +p coming in the next two weeks that I paid a fukking grip for. And I order 10 mags from the Taurus website that I hope come in soon.

How are y’all about magazines? I keep all my mags fully loaded at all times, but I’m hearing that can kill the springs inside the magazine so I’m been debating on whether I should keep them loaded. I just know if someone kicks in my door, I won’t be able to load my mags up quick enough

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How are y’all about magazines? I keep all my mags fully loaded at all times, but I’m hearing that can kill the springs inside the magazine so I’m been debating on whether I should keep them loaded. I just know if someone kicks in my door, I won’t be able to load my mags up quick enough

If you have quality mags, you have nothing to worry about.

Chances are if your magazine is official (like lock, Smith and Wesson, Beretta, Sig) or highly recommended (promag, kci) you'll be good. There are cheap ass korean/chinese mags, the springs aren't worth a shyt. They don't even fire properly out the box. First thing I did when I got my draco was throw that mag in the garbage.

You'll fukk around and get killed with these budget magazines. You can find replacement quality springs but I ain't into all that. It's simple but just get a quality mag and don't worry about it.

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
If you have quality mags, you have nothing to worry about.

Chances are if your magazine is official (like lock, Smith and Wesson, Beretta, Sig) or highly recommended (promag, kci) you'll be good. There are cheap ass korean/chinese mags, the springs aren't worth a shyt. They don't even fire properly out the box. First thing I did when I got my draco was throw that mag in the garbage.

You'll fukk around and get killed with these budget magazines. You can find replacement quality springs but I ain't into all that. It's simple but just get a quality mag and don't worry about it.

Thanks for this response, honestly makes me feel 10 times better. I ordered 5 mags straight from Taurus’s website so I was praying they were good. That makes me feel a lot better.

What magazines do you recommend for the TH9C? I ordered nothing by the 17RD mags with the sleeve but I’m open to other options

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thanks for this response, honestly makes me feel 10 times better. I ordered 5 mags straight from Taurus’s website so I was praying they were good. That makes me feel a lot better.

What magazines do you recommend for the TH9C? I ordered nothing by the 17RD mags with the sleeve but I’m open to other options

I don't know enough about Taurus and their quality control. I will say they have stepped their game up and even won over doubters. Taurus used to be a throwaway. Just empty the mag then throw it at them. There's a few cats on here that own Taurus firearms, I'd search and ask them directly. If I'm not mistaken one of the key perks that Taurus turned around was 100% replacements and swaps, basically taking care of the customers that buy their products. They didn't do that before but I believe it's something they implemented and that earned respect from even the most uptight gun owners, it's imperative to have a company that cares and will take care of you.

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
I don't know enough about Taurus and their quality control. I will say they have stepped their game up and even won over doubters. Taurus used to be a throwaway. Just empty the mag then throw it at them. There's a few cats on here that own Taurus firearms, I'd search and ask them directly. If I'm not mistaken one of the key perks that Taurus turned around was 100% replacements and swaps, basically taking care of the customers that buy their products. They didn't do that before but I believe it's something they implemented and that earned respect from even the most uptight gun owners, it's imperative to have a company that cares and will take care of you.

my bad bro I think I mistook you for one of the brehs with a Taurus. I think it’s the guy who had the crazy vest with a level 4 plate. Either way this is solid advice So i appreciate it

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
my bad bro I think I mistook you for one of the brehs with a Taurus. I think it’s the guy who had the crazy vest with a level 4 plate. Either way this is solid advice So i appreciate it

I've seen some videos where one guy had a mag filled for 15 years and another guy had a bunch of mags for different guns filled for 5 years. They unloaded the mags and the springs were different sizes yet once reassembled and fired (or fired first and disassembled) neither caused any issues whatsoever. However they were quality mags, not Chinese or Korean knockoff/budget magazines.

Those cheap foreign budget magazine even use a lesser quality spring you can see. I had one for a rifle that looked like a bent up paperclip and sure enough I had issues shooting that. I throw the bullshyt away.