Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
what do yall recommend i add to my mini arsenal?
Emphasis on mini, I'm pretty conservative with it so at the moment, i got a Glock 26 and 200 Rounds of ammo. Plus a Maverick 88 and about 50 shells of buckshot.

Looking for a budget rifle now.

What do you like ak or ar

I would advise go mid tier than low end.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
A decent AR. Definitely NOT an ATI Omni, though. Something entry level like an M&P 15. Ruger. Del-ton. Bushmaster (a little on the higher end). Do research. Read/watch reviews. Look at entry level AR articles. Get some iron sights if you're trying to save money then save up for decent optics. You don't have to go all out and get an ACOG or something eotech but don't cheap out on optics.
I was looking at Reviews for M&P. Leaning towards that right now.

• Dap
Reactions: DLo

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I was looking at Reviews for M&P. Leaning towards that right now.
I would suggest getting a good mil spec lower from psa or aero and then a solid upper from someone else, you pay a little more upfront but the quality control saves you later on. Plus you save.money biying your upper and lower separate than together

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I would suggest getting a good mil spec lower from psa or aero and then a solid upper from someone else, you pay a little more upfront but the quality control saves you later on. Plus you save.money biying your upper and lower separate than together
I was concerned as a noob that id put together something even lower quality

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I was concerned as a noob that id put together something even lower quality
The good thing about ar15 as opposed to ar10s, is that there are military specifications, if you pick a manufacturer that makes producta that align to specs you are good, its what makes the ar15 so modular.

The brand name is typicallyva testament to QA, but at a certain point you hit diminiahing returns.

PSA makes nice affordbale lowers with different furniture and quality uppers in their premium linr where they uses cold hammered forged fn barrels.

I like aero as well especially their m4e lowers.

I would suggest going to psa and aeros website look at the cost of complete ippers and lowers and the sales they have running and you can.get a good deal.

If you find a.good lower, you might be able to find.sales on gucci uppers, which they ship directly to your home, to go with yohr lower and you get the best of both worlds.

Aero precision though pe

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Copped an HK vp9sk

Like the feel of it. Might have to be one of my home guns though cause no manual safety. Got a hammer tho

Might go with a Taurus next purchase. New to this all

Breh this is literally my dream gun. I couldnt drop that type of bread right now so i went for a Taurus TH9C, which im loving. I really want the full size VP9, but i want to conceal carry for now. If you ever want to sell it please let me know

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
The good thing about ar15 as opposed to ar10s, is that there are military specifications, if you pick a manufacturer that makes producta that align to specs you are good, its what makes the ar15 so modular.

The brand name is typicallyva testament to QA, but at a certain point you hit diminiahing returns.

PSA makes nice affordbale lowers with different furniture and quality uppers in their premium linr where they uses cold hammered forged fn barrels.

I like aero as well especially their m4e lowers.

I would suggest going to psa and aeros website look at the cost of complete ippers and lowers and the sales they have running and you can.get a good deal.

If you find a.good lower, you might be able to find.sales on gucci uppers, which they ship directly to your home, to go with yohr lower and you get the best of both worlds.

Aero precision though pe

You any good at gun smithing?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I love my aero lowers. The hardest thing about building an ar is staking the castle nuts, but it's not really that bad. I've done all mine on my living room floor with a hammer and center punch. Now that I think about it, it seems like red locktite should be a viable alternative to staking, no?

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Ordered some Critical Duty ammo and they might not ship for the next 7 to 14 days!! FML

I have some 115GR American eagles FMJ but I want that penetration power. Ugh.

Really wish I stocked up sooner

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I love my aero lowers. The hardest thing about building an ar is staking the castle nuts, but it's not really that bad. I've done all mine on my living room floor with a hammer and center punch. Now that I think about it, it seems like red locktite should be a viable alternative to staking, no?
Ive heard it isnt a good idea, if you think you will sell it, but if it works for you.

I like those ratcheting castle nuts

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Ive heard it isnt a good idea, if you think you will sell it, but if it works for you.

I like those ratcheting castle nuts

I'd always stake mine because I'm handy enough to be able to, but for those that aren't, and probably will never run them at their full ability, it seems like a decent alternative. Blue Locktite is pretty damn tough, I've even used it on the internal parts of my engine. I'm actually about to use some in my oil pump bolts right now, in fact

UM480dWm.jpg

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I'd always stake mine because I'm handy enough to be able to, but for those that aren't, and probably will never run them at their full ability, it seems like a decent alternative. Red Locktite is pretty damn tough, I've even used it on the internal parts of my engine.
I think some people would suggest against it, in the event that if you sell it and the person want to change the buffer tube, its screwed up permanantly.

I dont doubt it would work, even though I would probably guess blue loctite should work.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
picked up a cool gun from basque, spain the other day called the star megastar. i really scored on this one, the mags for this are $60 each and the breh threw four of them in for free after the sale. :jawalrus: gonna try to score the 10mm version too but only four or five of those go on gunbroker every year.

ImotwSX.jpg

also was bored this morning so i put together an ar from the parts bin

DKMTNvs.jpg

lower: aero m4e1 receiver/carbine buffer kit, geissele ssa-e trigger, critical capabilities elg springs/small parts, jp enterprises silent captured spring, magpul sl stock/k2+ grip, lancer l5awm mag, hornady t2 tap precision 75gr bthp

upper: aero m4e1 enhanced receiver/black nitride bcg/atlas s-one 15" mlok handguard/.750" low pro gas block/mid length gas/ambi charging handle, fn 16.5" 5.56 1:7 qpq nitride chf gov't profile barrel, vg6 precision gamma brake, strike industries link cfg, magpul qd sling swivels, inforce wmlx white/infrared gen 2 light

barely over 6 pounds total, got a trijicon ta31 green acss reticle acog and a blue force vickers padded sling otw to finish off the build :ahh: