Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

robb

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
only if you don't know how to shoot it properly. Most people shoot them incorrectly in two different ways:
They either try and hold up to their face like a rifle, which will get you hurt.
The-Pros-and-Cons-of-a-Home-Defense-Pump-Shotgun.jpg

Or they shoot from the hip like like this which is also wrong. Can even use the sight like that.
e83-3.jpg

The Proper way to fire a pistol shotgun is similiar to how you fire a regular pistol. Too many people try to shot like a rifle.
your hands should held out like an old school boxer. Your eyes are still in line with the sights, but your arms should be almost fully extended so the recoil doesn't bring it back into your face.
hqdefault.jpg

It's a very subtle difference but easy to tell right from wrong.

Right
rndz17-nthwk-tmhwk-lead.jpg

Wrong
Raised-Tac-14.jpg

If you can't tell the difference think about how you hold a pistol.
Do you hold it like this?
stance-notice-leaning-into-it.jpg

Or do have up against your cheek like a sniper rifle?
there is a reason it's called a pistol grip. If you can fire a high caliber pistol safely an accurately, you can do the same with a pistol grip shotgun.
The key is proper form, and it might help to use lower recoil ammo.

Getting a brace just makes it alot easier to manage. A must have mod.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Is there anywhere to shoot in GA? Or does anyone know someone with a lot of land?

All the ranges around me are shut down and I really wanna try out some ammo.

another thing I’m learning is not to cheap out on the ammo, and always stock up. I have some regular ass Winchester range bullets, some American Eagle FMJ, and 300 rounds of Critical Duty 135 Grain +p coming in the next two weeks that I paid a fukking grip for. And I order 10 mags from the Taurus website that I hope come in soon.

How are y’all about magazines? I keep all my mags fully loaded at all times, but I’m hearing that can kill the springs inside the magazine so I’m been debating on whether I should keep them loaded. I just know if someone kicks in my door, I won’t be able to load my mags up quick enough

yes in redneck cac areas.

I picked up one of buys at quick shot. And this stay at home mom picked $4.5k of ammo at the same time. Cherokee county is still offering classes.

You can still rent a private rural area. But prices have skyrocketed HLRBO - Available Leases For GA On HLRBO

Good luck

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Is there anywhere to shoot in GA? Or does anyone know someone with a lot of land?

All the ranges around me are shut down and I really wanna try out some ammo.

another thing I’m learning is not to cheap out on the ammo, and always stock up. I have some regular ass Winchester range bullets, some American Eagle FMJ, and 300 rounds of Critical Duty 135 Grain +p coming in the next two weeks that I paid a fukking grip for. And I order 10 mags from the Taurus website that I hope come in soon.

How are y’all about magazines? I keep all my mags fully loaded at all times, but I’m hearing that can kill the springs inside the magazine so I’m been debating on whether I should keep them loaded. I just know if someone kicks in my door, I won’t be able to load my mags up quick enough
I dont think you can.shot at any public ranges right now.

If you have family in the country that is your best bet right now, that are meeting up with a business that is open.nder tge table right now.

As for mags, what wears a mag out is the loading and unloading of spring tension. A mag under constant load or no load doesnt cause any wear at all, so I keep my mags loaded.

Best to always get some range use on the mafs though to see how they function, you want to know thar before you need to use it, imho.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I'm sad about the widespread move towards polymer guns.

Beretta and Sig's new designs are pretty ugly. And both in the past made some of the best looking designs.
Its subjective to a.certain degree, but I appreciate polymer switch from a full size steel frame 1911 to the xd and then the p07. Plus I like the look of the cz polymer guns.

I think a great deal of the problem is tgat everyine is copying each other outright. You got canik looking like tge hp and walther, s and w, xd, and sig all trying to look like glocks. There is just no imagination or design anymore.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Do any of you guys have revolvers? I know they're considered less practical, but I think they're neat
Nope, I dont have one, but honestly nothing impractical about them, they have advantages over semi autos in some respects.

Buy what you like, dont let anyone persuade you out of a solid handgun based on bro science or the need to be tacticool. :smile:

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Its subjective to a.certain degree, but I appreciate polymer switch from a full size steel frame 1911 to the xd and then the p07. Plus I like the look of the cz polymer guns.

I think a great deal of the problem is tgat everyine is copying each other outright. You got canik looking like tge hp and walther, s and w, xd, and sig all trying to look like glocks. There is just no imagination or design anymore.

The only thing I don't like about the p07 looks wise is the trigger guard

And I agree about lack of innovation. Polymer guns can look great (like H&K and F&N), but a lot of these new designs are meh. The Beretta APX barely looks better than a Hi Point. The Sig p320 is a big step down from their 22x series.

Daps
my bad bro I think I mistook you for one of the brehs with a Taurus. I think it’s the guy who had the crazy vest with a level 4 plate. Either way this is solid advice So i appreciate it

:wow: I’m the crazy vest breh. You’ll be straight with the mags I have the Taurus 17 rounders and have been running them hard for a year. I keep 3 loaded all the time for my EDC.

brehs police trade in Sigs go for 300 if you can find them

Last edited:

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
:wow: I’m the crazy vest breh. You’ll be straight with the mags I have the Taurus 17 rounders and have been running them hard for a year. I keep 3 loaded all the time for my EDC.

brehs police trade in Sigs go for 300 if you can find them

giphy.gif

You're a real one breh! I appreciate the followup. I cant wait for my mags to get here, feels like im waiting for santa to drop off a gift

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
this is a myth, my breh. springs wear only while going thru compression/decompression so it's ok to leave them loaded. the one thing you gotta watch out for is stress breaking the feed lips tho, i wouldn't leave any plastic lipped mags with a crazy strong spring like in it a pmr-30's loaded myself. i've read reports of pmags' lips breaking, i have a lot loaded for like 10+ years now and they're still fine.

btw taurus is no longer a fukkin joke, they fired almost everyone on the usa side a couple years ago and the new ceo's been really good with turning things around

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
this is a myth, my breh. springs wear only while going thru compression/decompression so it's ok to leave them loaded. the one thing you gotta watch out for is stress breaking the feed lips tho, i wouldn't leave any plastic lipped mags with a crazy strong spring like in it a pmr-30's loaded myself. i've read reports of pmags' lips breaking, i have a lot loaded for like 10+ years now and they're still fine.

btw taurus is no longer a fukkin joke, they fired almost everyone on the usa side a couple years ago and the new ceo's been really good with turning things around

Breh, I really appreciate the insight. This is my first Taurus and I'm loving the platform so far. Looking into a small laser attachment as well. I plan on swapping out all my ammo in my mags for the critical duty rounds once they come in, and keep them fully loaded.

It sucks though because ive definitely caught the gun bug now, and i want either a rifle or a nice shotgun once i move into my new spot

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Breh, I really appreciate the insight. This is my first Taurus and I'm loving the platform so far. Looking into a small laser attachment as well. I plan on swapping out all my ammo in my mags for the critical duty rounds once they come in, and keep them fully loaded.

It sucks though because ive definitely caught the gun bug now, and i want either a rifle or a nice shotgun once i move into my new spot
Welcome to the club breh, and hopefully things remain the same, so you can freely still purchase rifles and shotguns.