Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I think some people would suggest against it, in the event that if you sell it and the person want to change the buffer tube, its screwed up permanantly.

I dont doubt it would work, even though I would probably guess blue loctite should work.

Yeah, blue should be fine too and folks would probably use too much anyways lol. Agree about the resell part, though I'm not really one personally to let go of my guns anyways. I do like to play with my setups until their dialed in however, so the permanence isn't the best route for people like me. For those who aren't into tinkering or planning on selling and aren't too good with their hands, I think I would recommend it though. I'd rather people build and learn the platform than to buy one, toss it next to their bed, and not know how they work. They're gonna be SOL if a malfunction happens when it matters most, when it could have been prevented in the first place had they just spent a couple extra hours actually digging into the platform.

Last edited:

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Anybody order from Palmetto state armor recently? I orded an AR yesterday. Doubt I'll get it any time soon.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
All due respect, a shotgun without a stock is next to useless.
only if you don't know how to shoot it properly. Most people shoot them incorrectly in two different ways:
They either try and hold up to their face like a rifle, which will get you hurt.
The-Pros-and-Cons-of-a-Home-Defense-Pump-Shotgun.jpg

Or they shoot from the hip like like this which is also wrong. Can even use the sight like that.
e83-3.jpg

The Proper way to fire a pistol shotgun is similiar to how you fire a regular pistol. Too many people try to shot like a rifle.
your hands should held out like an old school boxer. Your eyes are still in line with the sights, but your arms should be almost fully extended so the recoil doesn't bring it back into your face.
hqdefault.jpg

It's a very subtle difference but easy to tell right from wrong.

Right
rndz17-nthwk-tmhwk-lead.jpg

Wrong
Raised-Tac-14.jpg

If you can't tell the difference think about how you hold a pistol.
Do you hold it like this?
stance-notice-leaning-into-it.jpg

Or do have up against your cheek like a sniper rifle?
there is a reason it's called a pistol grip. If you can fire a high caliber pistol safely an accurately, you can do the same with a pistol grip shotgun.
The key is proper form, and it might help to use lower recoil ammo.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some companies are looking funny in the light.

I ordered something Monday from one company, and got it Thursday. I wasn't expecting that.

Now I have two separate items I ordered, they were in stock yet they are supposedly "processing"

Most gun places say "due to high demand, shipping may take longer......"

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
A decent AR. Definitely NOT an ATI Omni, though. Something entry level like an M&P 15. Ruger. Del-ton. Bushmaster (a little on the higher end). Do research. Read/watch reviews. Look at entry level AR articles. Get some iron sights if you're trying to save money then save up for decent optics. You don't have to go all out and get an ACOG or something eotech but don't cheap out on optics.

What do you have against an ATI Omni...I have a 300 blackout with almost 800 rounds through it...great gun

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
picked up a cool gun from basque, spain the other day called the star megastar. i really scored on this one, the mags for this are $60 each and the breh threw four of them in for free after the sale. :jawalrus: gonna try to score the 10mm version too but only four or five of those go on gunbroker every year.

ImotwSX.jpg

also was bored this morning so i put together an ar from the parts bin

DKMTNvs.jpg

lower: aero m4e1 receiver/carbine buffer kit, geissele ssa-e trigger, critical capabilities elg springs/small parts, jp enterprises silent captured spring, magpul sl stock/k2+ grip, lancer l5awm mag, hornady t2 tap precision 75gr bthp

upper: aero m4e1 enhanced receiver/black nitride bcg/atlas s-one 15" mlok handguard/.750" low pro gas block/mid length gas/ambi charging handle, fn 16.5" 5.56 1:7 qpq nitride chf gov't profile barrel, vg6 precision gamma brake, strike industries link cfg, magpul qd sling swivels, inforce wmlx white/infrared gen 2 light

barely over 6 pounds total, got a trijicon ta31 green acss reticle acog and a blue force vickers padded sling otw to finish off the build :ahh:
I got a ta31 with the green chevron last month. That green dont flare up in the sun as bad as the red. Lovin it.