Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
:russ:

That did sound sus

I am almost done with my Maverick 88 for home defense. Just put on a side saddle and waiting for my sling swivels to show up. Debating on whether I should add a light or not.

I use to to have a light on mine, but now i just run it with a pistol grip and side saddle. I can’t really quantify why, but i just like running it as simple as possible. Ymmv. I am a big proponent of weapon lights though.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
this is a pure home defense weapon. And it will be suppressed and running subsonic ammo, I can’t shoot indoors without it...I’ll go deaf.

I have a couple 556 ARs at the moment for SHTF I guess. But I’m thinking a home invasion is more likely than a mad max apocalypse situation popping off. So I’m planning for that instead
You got a tax stamp for that :ufdup:

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I use to to have a light on mine, but now i just run it with a pistol grip and side saddle. I can’t really quantify why, but i just like running it as simple as possible. Ymmv. I am a big proponent of weapon lights though.

Did you spend a lot on the light? Any recommendations?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Did you spend a lot on the light? Any recommendations?

It's been a long time since I spent any money on guns so I don't recall. IIRC, ~$100 is usually about as low as you want to go to make sure it can reliably withstand the recoil. Best bet is just to check first hand reviews from people that have purchased what you're looking at. Are you asking about a light for a shotgun? The one I had had a corded switch so that could be mounted at the end of the barrel, but activated at the grip by a remote pressure switch. I'm not a fan of "constant on" lights.

Don't get anything too bright either. When it's dark it puts you at risk of blinding yourself if it reflects off a wall or mirror. 100-300 lumens should be sufficient depending on the size of your house.

Looking at my pistol and ar pistol, both are made by a company called Inforce.

Last edited:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I use my 556 14.5in AR for home defense with 75gr. Short stocking that bih through hallways like I’m John wick :wow:

lmao...

i was about to put the soulja boy shooting gif in here but they all have the vlad tv watermark :scust:

i thought about a pistol AR for home defense also but honestly when i think about the layout of the house it doesnt really make sense. i have an older chicago home - with main bedrooms upstairs. we have a stairway that goes down to a landing then turns etc. it's not one of those WIDE OPEN floorspaces if you get what i mean.

but I would take that bytch camping or anytime I'm out in the middle of nowhere in WI/MI/IN

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Queston about AR’s. Are these fully auto or semi or can they do both? Whats the legality? I got a glock and a shotgun and i feel comfortable owning them, but i was always nervous about AR. Plus i felt if they arent full auto whats the point? I could get a mosin nagant and shoot a larger caliber for cheaper.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Queston about AR’s. Are these fully auto or semi or can they do both? Whats the legality? I got a glock and a shotgun and i feel comfortable owning them, but i was always nervous about AR. Plus i felt if they arent full auto whats the point? I could get a mosin nagant and shoot a larger caliber for cheaper.

They're semi-auto. The main benefit is how customizable they are along with parts abundance. In a firefight, their length makes them "point" much better than pistols and you can attach far superior optic devices.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I got a glock too but cant mount an ACOG on it so i got an AR:mjgrin:

full auto is useless to me so im cool with semi auto. Shot full auto in iraq a couple times, good luck keepin that bytch from lifting up. Waste of rounds and wears your barrel out faster

Daps
lmao...

i was about to put the soulja boy shooting gif in here but they all have the vlad tv watermark :scust:

i thought about a pistol AR for home defense also but honestly when i think about the layout of the house it doesnt really make sense. i have an older chicago home - with main bedrooms upstairs. we have a stairway that goes down to a landing then turns etc. it's not one of those WIDE OPEN floorspaces if you get what i mean.

but I would take that bytch camping or anytime I'm out in the middle of nowhere in WI/MI/IN
:russ: That’s how I envision it would go down if someone broke into my shyt im mad paranoid af I have cameras and sensors all around my house.

Daps
I got a glock too but cant mount an ACOG on it so i got an AR:mjgrin:

full auto is useless to me so im cool with semi auto. Shot full auto in iraq a couple times, good luck keepin that bytch from lifting up. Waste of rounds and wears your barrel out faster
Did you have an M4A1?

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Did you have an M4A1?
Ya. So when i joined we was still usin the m4 with the 3 round burst. Before deployment our arms room sent in our shyt, replaced the barrels with heavier ones, and made em full auto. I got back my shyt with the same serial number and everything. They machined XX’s over the the Burst and stamped auto for the fun selector and added the A1 to the m4

Daps
Ya. So when i joined we was still usin the m4 with the 3 round burst. Before deployment our arms room sent in our shyt, replaced the barrels with heavier ones, and made em full auto. I got back my shyt with the same serial number and everything. They machined XX’s over the the Burst and stamped auto for the fun selector and added the A1 to the m4
I had one once I picked up Cpl and my second deployment the first I was rocking a M16A4 clearing them damn mud huts :sadcam: