Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
remington 870s made in 2007

What's supposed to be wrong with the 870's?

The 870 express magnum is good. (I've shot the hell out of one) and I own at wingmaster with a slug barrel and hunting barrel. And shot the he'll out of both.

I have nothing but positive experiences with it. Love it way more than the mossy's and my boy who has a benelli loves my shotty. The benelli has a smoother action, but theres something about the 870, my boy that has the benelli os surgical with mine. There's a saying "someone else's gun always shoots better than yours." So he's apprehensive about buying an 870 like mine.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
What's supposed to be wrong with the 870's?

The 870 express magnum is good. (I've shot the hell out of one) and I own at wingmaster with a slug barrel and hunting barrel. And shot the he'll out of both.

I have nothing but positive experiences with it. Love it way more than the mossy's and my boy who has a benelli loves my shotty. The benelli has a smoother action, but theres something about the 870, my boy that has the benelli os surgical with mine. There's a saying "someone else's gun always shoots better than yours." So he's apprehensive about buying an 870 like mine.
their qc went to shyt after they were bought by a private equity firm, ppl started getting receivers that were rusted from the factory, had burrs all over them, etc. then they started going with lower quality parts to save costs, like MIM small parts and a plastic trigger group.

the remington defense line (so just the 870 police) still has high quality control, and of course the old 870s of all kinds are good to go

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

I cut my Charles Daly down this weekend. It's 18.5, thinking about cutting it down shorter now that I have a Mosberg on the way.

UcqYOaJ_d.jpg

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
their qc went to shyt after they were bought by a private equity firm, ppl started getting receivers that were rusted from the factory, had burrs all over them, etc. then they started going with lower quality parts to save costs, like MIM small parts and a plastic trigger group.

the remington defense line (so just the 870 police) still has high quality control, and of course the old 870s of all kinds are good to go

Interesting. The express magnum is the police one I believe.

I don't know how old my 870 wingmaster is but the receiver is just fine. I bought it brand new in box, it was preowned, person that had it before me never shot it once. Got the slug barrel and the long barrel. I've used the hell out of it, never had any issues.

I love the hell out of mine.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yoooo people really out here buying anything that shoots. A homeboy just bought the first AR-15 that I ever built like 5 years ago using youtube tutorials. Its janky as fukk, the barrel is wayyyy too heavy and the optic is trash I got from amazon. Took me like 3 hours to get the front pivot pin installed on that shyt.

I might have spent 300 total on that bullshyt and haven't shot it in like 3 years. He's buying it for 750 cash cuz he can't find an AR local for under 1k now and hes scared to attempt to build it. Oddly enough you don't even need an FFL to sell it privately...you can just sell it to whoever. We are really living in strange times....

9YRtsv4l.jpg

Probably gonna try to sell my other custom AR to a coworker who thinks the world is turning into the walking dead any day now and then use the cash to buy a Daniel Defense V7 if they ever come back in stock. :wow:

But if by chance he's right and shyt does go south after I sell both, the only other rifle I'm left with is an AR-10....thats not ideal at all. :patrice:

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Interesting. The express magnum is the police one I believe.

I don't know how old my 870 wingmaster is but the receiver is just fine. I bought it brand new in box, it was preowned, person that had it before me never shot it once. Got the slug barrel and the long barrel. I've used the hell out of it, never had any issues.

I love the hell out of mine.
wingmasters are really nice, i had a chance to get an ohio national guard riot wingmaster and lost out cause i didn't have enough cash in my wallet, i'm still tight about that one.

you can find out when yours was made by checking the two-letter code on the barrel close to the left side of the receiver and using this key

All the shotgun ammo is out. I’m trying to get 1000 shells.

got damn you weren't kidding, the prices on ammoseek are crazy :damn:

Last edited:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
define cheap...

I bought a Springfield XDS for my wife and she loves it. The first gen is probably like 350...second gen is probably 450.

If you wanna get cheaper than that kel-tec pf9 is nice. Its probably around 200-250.

I wouldn't go cheaper than that because you get what you pay for. There is a reason hi-points are like 150 and under. Hopefully you never have to use the gun but if you do, you don't want some shyt that's gonna malfunction on you.

Also if you buy a gun, do some research and find out what ammo works best for your gun. People already put in the work for you, so just go with the consensus. Don't buy some shyt Wolf steel ammo because it was .03 cheaper per round. You are playing yourself.
wolf is great to shoot at the range for target practice. so no you're not playing yourself. If you want to spend a ridiculous amount of money shooting "defense" ammo for target practice at the range, be my guest.
hes a first time buyer so he probably isn't great at shooting at all. he'll need to be practicing and/or taking courses from instructors. I recently took a red dot pistol class and the minimum amount of ammo you are supposed to bring with you is 1000 rounds. nobody brought 1000 rounds of defense ammo.

all i use is wolf and tula for my AK-47. i'm sure the guy that gets hit with a 7.62x39 is gonna say i played myself.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Huge run on guns and ammo right now. Hard to find anything in stock online. Some of the sites that have inventory are saying it will take up to 10 days before your order ships. People are panic-buying like crazy.

Watch out for stores and sites that are price gouging too.
most aren't price gouging. An acquaintance of mine that owns a gun store has shown me letters sent by ammo manufacturers like Federal saying that the price to cop is gonna be 5%-8% higher due to this panic spree. they have to ramp up production heavy to meet demand. so if you think the store is gonna sell at the same price you're buggin.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
So I was wrong brehs, A KS-12 is illegal as fukk in cook county, and so they cancelled my order

:mjcry:

Still getting the young Draco, just gotta find a shotgun I like now.
what about the Komrad 12 gauge firearm? its not classified as a shotgun. it bypasses a lot of NFA shyt which makes it legal in a lot "restricted" states.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
wolf is great to shoot at the range for target practice. so no you're not playing yourself. If you want to spend a ridiculous amount of money shooting "defense" ammo for target practice at the range, be my guest.
hes a first time buyer so he probably isn't great at shooting at all. he'll need to be practicing and/or taking courses from instructors. I recently took a red dot pistol class and the minimum amount of ammo you are supposed to bring with you is 1000 rounds. nobody brought 1000 rounds of defense ammo.

all i use is wolf and tula for my AK-47. i'm sure the guy that gets hit with a 7.62x39 is gonna say i played myself.

Nobody is saying run hornady hollow points at the range dude...don't be silly. I'm talking about self defense, do the research and buy good ammo. Hopefully hollow points because you shouldn't be shooting range ammo for self defense, that's wild irresponsible.

But all ammo doesn't work well in all guns and that's at the range or at home. High end AR-15s malfunction consistently with cheap ammo like Wolf or Tula. But lets not even get into shooting steel, some ranges wont even let you shoot that bullshyt. And the price difference between 1k rounds of Tula and 1k rounds of something like magtech or american eagle isn't huge. And at the end of the day you will preserve barrel life and have less carbon build up.