Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can y'all recommend a good cheap gun for personal safety and a beginner in these uncertain times? :feedme:

define cheap...

I bought a Springfield XDS for my wife and she loves it. The first gen is probably like 350...second gen is probably 450.

If you wanna get cheaper than that kel-tec pf9 is nice. Its probably around 200-250.

I wouldn't go cheaper than that because you get what you pay for. There is a reason hi-points are like 150 and under. Hopefully you never have to use the gun but if you do, you don't want some shyt that's gonna malfunction on you.

Also if you buy a gun, do some research and find out what ammo works best for your gun. People already put in the work for you, so just go with the consensus. Don't buy some shyt Wolf steel ammo because it was .03 cheaper per round. You are playing yourself.

Lifejennings

Superstar
Daps
mossberg 500
Thank you!
for carrying or keeping around the house? also what's your budget, $100 and $400 are both cheap but it's a world of difference between them.
Right in the middle of that would be good. Around the house. Thank you!
define cheap...

I bought a Springfield XDS for my wife and she loves it. The first gen is probably like 350...second gen is probably 450.

If you wanna get cheaper than that kel-tec pf9 is nice. Its probably around 200-250.

I wouldn't go cheaper than that because you get what you pay for. There is a reason hi-points are like 150 and under. Hopefully you never have to use the gun but if you do, you don't want some shyt that's gonna malfunction on you.

Also if you buy a gun, do some research and find out what ammo works best for your gun. People already put in the work for you, so just go with the consensus. Don't buy some shyt Wolf steel ammo because it was .03 cheaper per round. You are playing yourself.
The first two options sound great. I will get to researching. I just want to be able to protect myself and family. Thank you!

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Can y'all recommend a good cheap gun for personal safety and a beginner in these uncertain times? :feedme:

shotgun: mossberg 500

AR: cheaper to build your own, but since you prolly aint got the tools or the know how the cheapest off the shelf one would be a Smith&Wesson M&P Sport 2 or a Ruger AR556. Dont go any lower than these.

pistols:

9mm: S&W shield or shield 2.0.
If thats too small then the full size M&P.
45 ACP: Glock 21

for ammo, if you can afford it use federal for hollows or hornady. For practice rounds federal.

if money tight, for practice rounds you can get away with American Eagle, Winchester White Box, Remington UMC.

I’ve found hi point 9mms surprisingly reliable(aint tried their other shyt)

biggest issue with them is racking that slide, its a miserable experience:lolbron:

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Right in the middle of that would be good. Around the house. Thank you! I just want to be able to protect myself and family. Thank you!
tbh you've picked the worst time to tool up, the market is fukked and all ammo and basically all guns that are useful for home defense are sold out across america rn. an ar-15 would be my first recommendation, even a couple weeks ago you could put together a low-end but reliable ar-15 for $300-$350 + $25 or so in tools, but not any more. mossberg 500 is another solid choice, it requires a lot more strength and skill to use but shouldn't be a problem unless you're disabled (might be a concern if you're buying for a wife too or something). the main problem is that all of those are sold out now too lol. if you need something at this very moment i think your best bet would be a well-used glock 17/19, a full size M&P, or something along those lines but you'll probably be paying more than it's worth. if you can wait a couple weeks i'd get one of these depending on your price point:

$350-400 - psa ar-15 - you can buy the upper and lower separately to save a lil money, you can build the lower to save even more money (building the upper needs a few specialized tools)
$350-400 used or factory rebuilt glock 17/19
$350 - mossberg 500/pre-2007 remington 870
$300 - sks - if you live in a slave state and can't own ars/pistols
$300 - s&w m&p/s&w 442/ruger lcr
$250 - taurus g2c/ruger ec9s
$200 - maverick 88 security (budget version of the 500)
$150 - midland arms single shot shotgun
$100 - used ruger lcp v1/hi-point

guns to avoid - saturday night specials (lorcin, jennings, bryco, raven), magazine-fed shotguns, usa-made ak-47s, remington 870s made in 2007 or later, cheap turkish shotguns, military surplus

MECCA1000

All Star
Daps
You cats heard about this ...... better stock up now & write a letter to your congressman opposing this ......

H.R.5717 - Gun Violence Prevention and Community Safety Act of 2020
Put on the table by Georgia rep Hank Johnson

Edit: forgot to link

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
You cats heard about this ...... better stock up now & write a letter to your congressman opposing this ......

H.R.5717 - Gun Violence Prevention and Community Safety Act of 2020
Put on the table by Georgia rep Hank Johnson

Edit: forgot to link

This bill would never pass in the Senate.:russell:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Where can i find a 18.5" barrel for a 20 Gauge Mossberg?
Trying to convert it into a home defense shotgun. I got a pistol grip with a stock already.