Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

BillyBamDontGiveADamn

Too old for the shenanigans
Daps
Reppin
Dont Mess Wit Texas
I prefer. 45 myself but like you I practice with it ....

Shot placement is all that really matters. That comes down to control and the most important rounds in self defense are your 2nd and 3rd....can you control a 45 vs your 9mm with your follow up rounds? My wife and daughter can't use .45 at all when we practice for follow up shots.
Sold my .45 bc I just couldn't see the benefits other than being able to say I got a .45 :yeshrug: love the trigger on a 1911 but not trying to get caught in an awkward situation with just 8 rds.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Fyi Basspro.com has some Herters 9mm ammo in stock. Not the best ammo but I never had any problems with them.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
If you’re a man who lives in a state where guns are legal and you’re trying to rush out and get one now you need to seriously rethink yourself. Especially if you have a family that depends on you.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Grabbed my AR and ammo this week. I'm good. Asked my friend who owns a gun store how business was going and he said he couldn't keep shyt in stock. Sold 55 guns Tuesday and 70 on Wednesday. He has to go out of town to even grab ammo.

Last edited:

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Any websites you know of? I saw some brownells site, not sure which other ones were good.

Check out r/gundeals

there’s usually a bunch of police trade in Glocks for a lower price maybe even with some extra magazines etc.

I bought a police trade in M&P .45 for my bday last year for like $250 after seeing it on there. That was through KingsFirearmsOnline

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
For the past few months whenever i went to the gun store I would always buy at leasr 1 box of ammo

Im pretty set right now because of that

I was still planning on getting another gun at the beginning of april before all this popped off

Im just counting down the days

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sold my .45 bc I just couldn't see the benefits other than being able to say I got a .45 :yeshrug: love the trigger on a 1911 but not trying to get caught in an awkward situation with just 8 rds.

Stopping power is definitely a factor but the 9mm is just the sweet spot. If your range allows it practicing pulling the waistband is key...with a 9 I can hit in the chest perfectly...with the 45 my rounds do stray a bit but I'm confident that I can defend myself with follow up shots. Still I recommend 9mm for people that's just getting into carrying

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Man the .45 gets the job done. I hate when gun people always talk about how the .45 is a slow round.
Hey I used to be a .45 guy, but reality is its a dated old ass cartridge and 9mm with its velocity beats it.consistently in performance now.

If you have a 460 Rowland or any of the other modernized 45 cartridges ill roll with you, but 45acp is a relic of the past that needs to be retired.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Hey I used to be a .45 guy, but reality is its a dated old ass cartridge and 9mm with its velocity beats it.consistently in performance now.

If you have a 460 Rowland or any of the other modernized 45 cartridges ill roll with you, but 45acp is a relic of the past that needs to be retired.
Are yall out here dodging bullets?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I think its wise to have guns that use the most common calibers. You never know it ammo will be hard to come by and its easier to find 9mm and 12 ga then anything else.
I have a 410 shockwave and i struggled before this virus finding good ammo

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I think its wise to have guns that use the most common calibers. You never know it ammo will be hard to come by and its easier to find 9mm and 12 ga then anything else.
I have a 410 shockwave and i struggled before this virus finding good ammo
To be honest 45acp is very prevelant in the US.
And the most common round is probably the 22lr.
I wouldn't trust my life to 22lr and 45 just seems dated and not worth the size penalty. imo.

---------
OT:

To my firearm guys.

I mentioned the stribog, but the more I think about a PCC, the more I ask myself, why?

So I'm thinking, should I go with a 300 blackout AR build or go with the stribog? Opinions...