Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Big D Bangston

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bama born and bred
9mm glock, m&p shield, or springfield xd. Try to find a range that rents guns and see which of those you shoot best with. The longer the barrel the better the ballistics and easier it is to aim, don't get caught up in seeing how small you can go despite them tending to look cooler.

Whatever you get, learn to keep it properly cleaned/lubed, and feed it quality ammo. Every gun is different so you'll have to experiment with several different types before settling on which works best in it.

What's your intended use? Do you plan on carrying or just keeping it for home defense?

Both. What bullets do i get for the types above?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You're asking very basic questions. That's a good thing. What I would suggest is that you research first. Research sounds like a daunting task, but it isn't.

You need to know what a firearm is, what the components (individual pieces) are of it, how they work in conjunction, how to load, dismantle, clean a gun, the difference in guns (pistols, revolvers, shotguns, rifles) the different ammo, etc.

Fortunately this info is really easy to find, videos of it. YouTube. Honestly it's short shyt. You can find a 10-20 minute video in seconds. Longer if you want even more info.

After you get that initial information I would suggest checking locally for a training class. You'll get a lot of the same info but someone talking directly to you. Then you'll get range time with the aid of someone who knows what they are doing too.

Then you can make an informed decision.

We honestly can't tell you what to get. I have friends bigger than me and smaller than me that only use 9mm, and one that uses a .380 as well as some that only use .40 caliber. Everyone has their own brand and caliber preference.

Me. I'm literally like loc dog. I will get dressed then be like "should I rock the glock or the m&p? 9mm or .40? The compact (8 round)or the full sized (16 rounds)."

If you want I can find some links for you.
The knowledge is more important as the tool itself. To be honest I wouldn't recommend running out and grabbing a gun, just to have one in your possession. That's getting the cart before the horse. I understand time is limited but you'll be alright. The basics can be learned via Internet in a matter of hours, once you have that go ahead and get one.

If you feel like your going to make a quick or hasty decision with your purchase, shoot the he'll out of it, trade it in. That's what I did. I've bought guns, shot the shyt out of them, traded them for different brands and styles, shot them before I knew what I was comfortable with and now have my layout. You could keep renting and trying different guns but you won't know in one day, or even one week whats good for you. If you own one piece you can at least become proficient while still trying out others.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hollow points. And make sure to try several different brands before settling on one. Some may not feed reliably or you may not care for how they feel to shoot due to the type/amount of gunpowder they use.
I can't rep right now. But I will.

Big D Bangston

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bama born and bred
You're asking very basic questions. That's a good thing. What I would suggest is that you research first. Research sounds like a daunting task, but it isn't.

You need to know what a firearm is, what the components (individual pieces) are of it, how they work in conjunction, how to load, dismantle, clean a gun, the difference in guns (pistols, revolvers, shotguns, rifles) the different ammo, etc.

Fortunately this info is really easy to find, videos of it. YouTube. Honestly it's short shyt. You can find a 10-20 minute video in seconds. Longer if you want even more info.

After you get that initial information I would suggest checking locally for a training class. You'll get a lot of the same info but someone talking directly to you. Then you'll get range time with the aid of someone who knows what they are doing too.

Then you can make an informed decision.

We honestly can't tell you what to get. I have friends bigger than me and smaller than me that only use 9mm, and one that uses a .380 as well as some that only use .40 caliber. Everyone has their own brand and caliber preference.

Me. I'm literally like loc dog. I will get dressed then be like "should I rock the glock or the m&p? 9mm or .40? The compact (8 round)or the full sized (16 rounds)."

If you want I can find some links for you.
The knowledge is more important as the tool itself. To be honest I wouldn't recommend running out and grabbing a gun, just to have one in your possession. That's getting the cart before the horse. I understand time is limited but you'll be alright. The basics can be learned via Internet in a matter of hours, once you have that go ahead and get one.

If you feel like your going to make a quick or hasty decision with your purchase, shoot the he'll out of it, trade it in. That's what I did. I've bought guns, shot the shyt out of them, traded them for different brands and styles, shot them before I knew what I was comfortable with and now have my layout. You could keep renting and trying different guns but you won't know in one day, or even one week whats good for you. If you own one piece you can at least become proficient while still trying out others.

Any links u can provide will be appreciated

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
hollows like the other breh said, but what makes a good home defense pistol doesn't make for a good carry pistol and vice versa. home defense pistols are gonna have large frames, large magazines, combat pistol features, might even have some stuff like a red dot, flashlight, or extendo on there, def not what you wanna carry unless you're a super fat breh lol. might have to get something middle of the road, like a glock 17/sig p226 but these are not bad guns for either use by any means. what's your budget look like?

edit: try to find a range that lets you rent a bunch of guns in one session for the low, this is the best way to find what's really comfortable without regretting your first gun being a bad fit for you

Big D Bangston

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bama born and bred
hollows like the other breh said, but what makes a good home defense pistol doesn't make for a good carry pistol and vice versa. home defense pistols are gonna have large frames, large magazines, combat pistol features, might even have some stuff like a red dot, flashlight, or extendo on there, def not what you wanna carry unless you're a super fat breh lol. might have to get something middle of the road, like a glock 17/sig p226 but these are not bad guns for either use by any means. what's your budget look like?

edit: try to find a range that lets you rent a bunch of guns in one session for the low, this is the best way to find what's really comfortable without regretting your first gun being a bad fit for you

Lets say <= $600

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
RRSPXD9401.jpg

mossberg_persuader_1000w_whitebg_angled_cc_v2.png

magnum-research-desert-eagle-mark-xix-brushed-chrome-pistol-1238833-1.jpg

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Lets say <= $600
glock 17 sounds perfect, lowest prices i've seen on the gen5 (latest generation) is $505 and for the gen4 is $400, there's no real difference between them unless you're left-handed

btw this is such a common gun that you should have no trouble finding a like new condition or one owner/unfired one for a lil less

One King Menes

Proud Alumni of Break-A-B$tch College
Daps
What’s y’all’s thoughts on a FN Bullpup?

Last edited:

True Darkseid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
SWATS, GA
Currently I have the Ruger SR9 and a Ruger LCR double action revolver I like the SR9 because it comes with 2 different size clips. The smaller clip allows for easier conceal carry. I love the LCR because of the trigger action and power, also you have the hammer. The LCR shoots both .357 mags and .38. I plan to cop another and was thinking of a Keltec .380. Chime in with what your working with?:smugdraper:
Desert Eagle 50 Cal, 45 1911, Taurus 9 mil, and a 12 gauge.