Supporter
Daps
If you going compact

Give um the .38 and up

:camby: that 380

Compact .45 :ahh:

When you spit those rounds?

It'll go through a rhino and knock a elephant Dow

Yeah, .45's are best for compacts, mainly because that compensates for the lower velocities that come with shorter barrels. They also kick less, since you won't need to feed them the +p ammo like smaller calibers need with those shorties.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to tell you guys a story. So today I was cleaning up because I'm planning on going on a trip. I went to the range a few weeks ago and after every session I check and clear my firearms. I cleared and checked my rifle as well as removed the magazine. I was in my apartment and picked up my weapon. On occasion I will dry fire. I accidentally chambered a round. Mind you there was NO magazine present in the rifle. I thought the weapon was cleared when I inspected it!

Long story short I went to rack it, pulled the trigger and BOOM accidental discharge.

The .223 penetrated the drywall in my apartment. It made two holes.

Entering the drywall.

Kdlbpg6.jpg

Exiting

o3jhoVx.jpg

Luckily I live on the top floor and thank God no one was hurt or injured.

Being that accidents are not classified as criminal activity in my state I am not obligated to report it to the police. The only instances I am is when there is bodily injury to someone else. This does not stop anyone from filing a civil charge against me.

What I did in this case was reported it to my property management. The manager sort of laughed in surprise and stated he never experienced this before. Accidental discharge is obviously something that could be grounds for eviction but I pay my bills on time, am respectful of my neighbors and have good rapport with the staff. I presented them with the pictures and someone inspected it. What they are going to do is drywall fix it.

So in this case this is something I can easily deal with property management. Should this have happened to another individual (whether property of bodily harm) then I would have called 911 and the police would have certainly been involved. If this was accidental discharge on my own property then obviously I wouldn't have called the police.

The reason I don't want to involve the police is I don't want to deal with any sort of possible confiscation of my firearms, albeit temporary. Plus the arduous process of a police report on both ends. Luckily these firearms are my own property as well.

I just want to inform everyone that you ALWAYS treat the firearm as though it was loaded. Luckily for me I pointed the firearm in a safe direction. Plus I reported it immediately versus someone else reporting it and that would involve more problems.

Please check your laws within your state. Luckily I'm in Texas or else my accidental discharge in more gun restrictive states may have been declared a negligent discharge which have implied criminal intent. An accident is NOT criminal intent. Hope my mistake helps someone in the future.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I will also note that there are a bunch of trees near my apartment so in all likeliness the projectile got lodged in a branch or something. I checked the area for any other places of potential damage and thankfully I saw nothing.

Honestly I'm still a bit rattled by it and feel extremely stupid. I could have injured someone unintentionally. I told my girlfriend it shouldn't have happened. I pride myself on being extremely safe when handling guns and am an advocate for gun ownership. I was extremely lucky and having followed other tenants of firearm gun ownership ultimately saved me from anything else. I looked at objects behind the target which was great. Knowing there was a round in the chamber prior could have caused some unintended consequences as well.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I took a class a few years ago. It wasn't complicated or anything. I was thinking about getting into reloading when the ammo prices were high. There are some upfront costs and if you shoot a lot it is probably worth it.

Anyone consider reloading? I've been looking at something small to tinker with like a Lee handloading press instead of a turret (no need for high volume).

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I cleared and checked my rifle as well as removed the magazine. I was in my apartment and picked up my weapon. On occasion I will dry fire. I accidentally chambered a round. Mind you there was NO magazine present in the rifle. I thought the weapon was cleared when I inspected it!

:yeshrug:

I get it. I have a friend who has had firearms longer than I have and he still looks at me like :beli: because I will remove a magazine and check/clear 3 times. Everytime.

He has watched me pick up a gun check/clear 3x.then set it down on the table in front of me, grab the cleaning rag that's right beside me (couldn't pick it up because I was already holding the gun), now with the rag in hand I pick up the gun and immediately check and clear 3x and his monkey ass goes :beli:/:martin: and let's out an audible sigh.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug:

I get it. I have a friend who has had firearms longer than I have and he still looks at me like :beli: because I will remove a magazine and check/clear 3 times. Everytime.

He has watched me pick up a gun check/clear 3x.then set it down on the table in front of me, grab the cleaning rag that's right beside me (couldn't pick it up because I was already holding the gun), now with the rag in hand I pick up the gun and immediately check and clear 3x and his monkey ass goes :beli:/:martin: and let's out an audible sigh.

I thought it was just me. Finger nowhere near the trigger, always point the barrel in a "safe direction" and I still clear the gun multiple times.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: I'm moving to england in a month...my moma dont want to keep my arsenal at hers...I dont know what ima do with my guns brehs:sadbron:

Anyway I'm bout to get me a bottle of Hennessy and have a all day cleaning session

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:snoop: I'm moving to england in a month...my moma dont want to keep my arsenal at hers...I dont know what ima do with my guns brehs:sadbron:

Anyway I'm bout to get me a bottle of Hennessy and have a all day cleaning session

Damn breh. That's messed up. I'll hold them for you.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I'm starting my build up again.
I sold a lot of guns now I'm building back up. :smile:
in two months I'll have the
Girsan Regard and a CZ-p07
I have two lowers for my AR10 builds on the way.

Now question.
I'm thinking about getting a AR-15, should I, or should I stick with my ar10

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I'm starting my build up again.
I sold a lot of guns now I'm building back up. :smile:
in two months I'll have the
Girsan Regard and a CZ-p07
I have two lowers for my AR10 builds on the way.

Now question.
I'm thinking about getting a AR-15, should I, or should I stick with my ar10

Stick with the AR10.

The AR10 will shoot through things the AR15 will not and excellent stopping power. Also, you can reach out to things the AR15 can not touch.

What kind of AR10 builds are you making? CQB?

Check out:

AR 10 Rifles | AR 10 Rifle Kits | AR-10 308 Pistol Kits For Sale | Mor

• Dap
Reactions: DLo

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I sort of want a suppressor but there's paperwork + waiting period + plus your name on a registry and you basically allow the BAFTE to be able to enter your place without a warrant.