Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

MrBillCollecta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
A set up from Palmetto state Armory. I just picked up a a pistol lower with a SBA tactical brace and a Taurus G2C for sub $400. Get you a reliable but cheap upper from Bear Creek Arsenal and your 2 guns in for under $600.
image591743-4b9427af9de4fc1bbc6b1ea0faaf463f.jpg

They say that this is a good purchase.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
A set up from Palmetto state Armory. I just picked up a a pistol lower with a SBA tactical brace and a Taurus G2C for sub $400. Get you a reliable but cheap upper from Bear Creek Arsenal and your 2 guns in for under $600. Then snag you and OTW red dot from Amazon and your in business. I just replenished my guns after selling a few for some cash I needed. Ill post pic later. Let me know and Ill run the links to everything you need and the youtube reviews so you can do your homework before you buy.

What range you use? I was just at the PSA on woodruff road. Looking to buy a AR-15 line was long and people take all day holding shyt they ain't going to buy?

MrBillCollecta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
What range you use? I was just at the PSA on woodruff road. Looking to buy a AR-15 line was long and people take all day holding shyt they ain't going to buy?

Im in Memphis. There are 3 that I use. Its the same at Bass Pro Shop and Academy. Hell all of the gun shops minus the long lines. Folks just be in there bullshytting. I ask look and get the fukk on.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
hey brehs, I'm a vet(Army) and I was wondering what's the best civilian equivalent to the M4 :jbhmm:

I just did some quick googles and I've seen the Colt LEOSCOM mentioned more than once. thoughts?

Civilians: Get a Military Colt M4
By
Corey Graff
-
March 21, 2012

The Colt LESOCOM, the closest thing to the military M4A1 a civilian can get?

Readers of this blog (both of you) know there is no shortage of AR-style carbines on the market these days. Yeah, and what else is new?

Well, while all ARs might look alike upon first blush, it’s actually been a matter of “close but no cigar” if you wanted a genuine Colt M4 like those used by the military. Until now.

That’s because, for the first time since the introduction of the iconic and standard-setting M4 in the 1990s, Colt Defense is offering a new rifle — they call it the LESOCOM — to law enforcement and civilian shooters like you and me. And son of a gun if this thing isn’t as close in configuration to the M4A1 military carbine as anything you’ve ever seen. The Colt LESOCOM rifle is ideal for any law enforcement officer, marksman or hunter looking for a firearm that is most similar to what is used by the military.

The only thing it’s missing is a light dusting of desert tan Krylon spray paint, and that part’s up to you.

Related GunDigest Articles
What differentiates the LESOCOM from the M4A1 platform currently used by the United States Armed Forces, you ask?

Basically, the LESOCOM’s longer barrel length and semi-automatic fire controls. And that’s not too darn much.

The barrel is 16.1 inches long, and has a rifling twist of 1/7 RH. With the stock extended, this M4 carbine has an overall length of 35 inches. The LESOCOM is chambered for .223 Remington (5.56×45 NATO) and comes with two 30-round Colt magazines.

Standard on the Colt LESOCOM is a Matech rear back-up iron sight for acquiring distances out to 600 meters, effectively. Also included on the LESOCOM is a Knights Armament Rail System, capable of accommodating the user’s preferred optics and accessories at the three, six, nine and 12 o’clock positions.

The Colt LESOCOM features an M4 buttstock, pistol grip and flash suppressor. For left-handed shooters, an ambidextrous fire control selector is standard on all LESOCOM rifles.

Visit Colt to learn more. Click Here.

In addition to my recommended books below, be sure to get your FREE AR-15 Maintenance Guide and AR-15 Piston Primer downloads.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
i would not get a PSA rifle brehs, they are incredibly low quality. they use chinesium parts, the only parts up to par on their ARs are their premium barrels (made by FN). one common problem i see is that the barrel nuts are over torqued (30-80 ft-lbs is standard, i've seen 120+ on several psa uppers). torque at this level causes significant stress between the upper and barrel nut, and the upper could crack or worse when firing. also they use no anti seize grease, meaning you can't really disassemble your rifle to mod or maintain it. i called psa to ask about this and was told that i couldn't speak to any gunsmiths, armorers, or quality control people. i guess they do it since they know that mostly brehs new to guns are buying their complete rifles, and they don't want them to create unsafe conditions when say, installing a free float handguard and reassembling a rifle they aren't really familiar with.

be careful of what you purchase brehs, there are assembly standards for ARs, make sure the company you're buying from is following them. you don't want a rifle blowing up in your face on the range, or god forbid, when you need it to defend your life. if bread is really an issue, i recommend the the m&p sport ii which sometimes goes on sale for 350 shipped. honestly i would even take a hi-point carbine over a PSA AR.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to get this one today. Anything else I should get with it?

A decent red-dot, sling, and a couple extra mags. You may need a rail depending on what sights you go with.

Holosun/PrimarybArms makes a good cheap dot. I trust the ones i have damn near just as much as i trust my aimpoint micro.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
:martin: a man killed himself at the range today. (Yesterday).

I completely understand depression and ptsd etc but do that shyt at home.

Happened while i was at the range with the wife a few years ago, she's refused to go back since.
Won't even touch a gun anymore.

I'm not gonna like it wasn't kinda traumatic,My wife was outside the lane standing behind me and saw dude just drop flat backwards onto the ground. It was so loud in there people didn't notice til she screamed. Range officer had us eave our stuff and go out into the store, while we waited for the Ambulance and police to give statements. Then we had to leave without our stuff while the cops processed the crime scene, couldn't get our weapons back til that night. I want to believe it was maybe an accident somehow, but it didn't' make the news, and I never went back to that range to find out details.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
If you going compact

Give um the .38 and up

:camby: that 380

Compact .45 :ahh:

When you spit those rounds?

It'll go through a rhino and knock a elephant Dow

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Happened while i was at the range with the wife a few years ago, she's refused to go back since.

I'm not gonna like it wasn't kinda traumatic,My wife was outside the lane standing behind me and saw dude just drop flat backwards onto the ground. It was so loud in there people didn't notice til she screamed. Range officer had us eave our stuff and go out into the store, while we waited for the Ambulance and police to give statements. Then we had to leave without our stuff while the cops processed the crime scene, couldn't get our weapons back til that night. I want to believe it was maybe an accident somehow, but it didn't' make the news, and I never went back to that range to find out details.

When you go to the gun range, you have to watch the other people there, just to be safe.

The police most likely took advantage of the situation and ran the serial numbers on your guns.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Suicides rarely make the news. Range shootings often do, as incidents in public are public news. They usually just run a story saying "there was a shooting at a gun range" and say if it was ruled accidental or suicide, etc.

Other than that, people commit suicide daily self inflicted gunshot, overdose, hanging, slit wrists, carbon monoxide, them shyt don't make the news.

Local news listen to police scanners 24/7 therefore if something is high priority or sounds suspicious news sources either call in to the police/fire departments and get the story or arrive on scene.

It's very traumatic. I'm truly sorry you and your wife had to experience that.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The police most likely took advantage of the situation and ran the serial numbers on your guns.

The reason people commit suicide at ranges is because you don't have to have own a gun, ever owned a gun, submit to any background tests or anything.

As long as you sign a waiver, show your driver's license within 10-15 mins (most ranges make you watch a range tutorial if you haven't been there before) you can have a firearm in your hand within minutes.

I can't tell you how often range thefts happen. There's so much foot traffic in and out. I've witnessed everything from, people literally accidently grabbing the wrong bag (two identical shooting bags or shooting cases), people taking someone else's muffs, glasses, and yea the intentional "this guy is in the middle of shooting 30 rounds, while he is focused down range ima just dip a hand into his bag."

Theres so much foot traffic in and out between range attendants, people going back and forth grabbing targets or renting firearms, stepping back to reload, swap out etc.

I've had those days where I've brought, a shotgun, a rifle and two handguns, plus a bag of ammo. Looked like i was staying the night or some shyt.
Unless you're paying for vip shooting or its a light day them shyts get packed, cramped and loud.

Last thing you want is someone getting injured and someone packing up and going home because they are inconvenienced, yet the shot that injured came from their gun, either intentional or unintentional.