Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
Man, I've at my fkn wits end...

I've owned and shot my Gen-2 S2000 for the past year and she's like a best friend to me. I can shoot her at 5 yards and group an orange sized set of holes. I can shoot it at 25 yards and do the same. I can grab it without aiming and get within 1-2 inches of the target at 5-8 yards.

So I recently decided to get her a little sister, a Glock-17.
I have taken her to the range 4 times and shot at 5-yards, 8-yards, 10 yards...and I cannot shoot this gun! I have only ever shot a Beretta 92fs (years) and a Glock-19 (once).
I can only describe the Glock-17 as....violent.
Where my S2K is smooth with a little kick and I can fast-fire it accurately, The Glock-17 is shaky, the trigger is catchy, the recoil is disturbing and unless I strongarm it, I cannot get any kind of accuracy at any range. When I death-grip it, I can get a melon sized set of holes...but my arm, back and side start cramping up from the extreme muscle usage.
The trigger actually abrades my fingertip and I've got callouses from playing guitar on my right hand fingers!! I haven't felt soreness in my index finger like this since I started playing fingerstyle guitar over a decade ago.This handgun is the exact opposite of the smooth, dapper, flowing perfection that my S2K is. It's like going from a straight-razor to a butterknife. I dont' see how people are accurate with these guns at any distance. At this rate I could only kill something that was within 3 yards of me. Thats fkn pathetic...
At this point I'd be better off throwing the damn gun at the target.

Would you recommend lessons?
Are there "Glock Handgun" lessons in particular?...Because I never had these issues with the Beretta 92FS. Do I need to watch someone else shoot it? I've tried three stances (Weaver, Isoceles and C.A.R.) and none seem to be comfortable or impart greater accuracy for me.
I really want to learn this gun because it matches my S2K that I absolutely love...but so far, it's getting to the point of depressing me with how inaccurate it is in my hands.
Am I expecting too much? I mean...I should be able to shoot something a house distance away with this Glock-17...right?? If not, what's the fukking point, I could just carry my S2K everywhere folded up.

I don't know what to do. I seriously wanna throw this fukking Glock at the wall.

Get a sig

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
I forget which model. Last time we went shooting in the desert, he was drunk and his mosin ended up leaving him with a black eye and very bruised shoulder the next morning :russ:

:mjlol:54r not playin

Naw got distracted by other things

been doing research on bolt actions this might be the one. cheap ammo and they been around 100 years

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Y'all got weapon lights for your firearms? Thinking if I should get one for my AR or Glock.

You really don't need much more than 200-400 lumens even for rifles. 200 lumens from a reputable company will still allow you to see shapes of people across the street from your home, which is going to be the maximum distance that you could claim for self defense. A brighter light will also be more likely to give away your presence to nearby opps in shtf situations.

Too bright of a light on a pistol will possibly mess with your vision if you ever have to pull it out in a nighttime home defense situation. The brighter it is, the harder it will be for your pupils to adjust, and there's the chance it might reflect off a wall or window directly back into your very own eyes. No bueno.

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house
Man, I've at my fkn wits end...

I've owned and shot my Gen-2 S2000 for the past year and she's like a best friend to me. I can shoot her at 5 yards and group an orange sized set of holes. I can shoot it at 25 yards and do the same. I can grab it without aiming and get within 1-2 inches of the target at 5-8 yards.

So I recently decided to get her a little sister, a Glock-17.
I have taken her to the range 4 times and shot at 5-yards, 8-yards, 10 yards...and I cannot shoot this gun! I have only ever shot a Beretta 92fs (years) and a Glock-19 (once).
I can only describe the Glock-17 as....violent.
Where my S2K is smooth with a little kick and I can fast-fire it accurately, The Glock-17 is shaky, the trigger is catchy, the recoil is disturbing and unless I strongarm it, I cannot get any kind of accuracy at any range. When I death-grip it, I can get a melon sized set of holes...but my arm, back and side start cramping up from the extreme muscle usage.
The trigger actually abrades my fingertip and I've got callouses from playing guitar on my right hand fingers!! I haven't felt soreness in my index finger like this since I started playing fingerstyle guitar over a decade ago.This handgun is the exact opposite of the smooth, dapper, flowing perfection that my S2K is. It's like going from a straight-razor to a butterknife. I dont' see how people are accurate with these guns at any distance. At this rate I could only kill something that was within 3 yards of me. Thats fkn pathetic...
At this point I'd be better off throwing the damn gun at the target.

Would you recommend lessons?
Are there "Glock Handgun" lessons in particular?...Because I never had these issues with the Beretta 92FS. Do I need to watch someone else shoot it? I've tried three stances (Weaver, Isoceles and C.A.R.) and none seem to be comfortable or impart greater accuracy for me.
I really want to learn this gun because it matches my S2K that I absolutely love...but so far, it's getting to the point of depressing me with how inaccurate it is in my hands.
Am I expecting too much? I mean...I should be able to shoot something a house distance away with this Glock-17...right?? If not, what's the fukking point, I could just carry my S2K everywhere folded up.

I don't know what to do. I seriously wanna throw this fukking Glock at the wall.

Glocks are not easy to pick up and shoot after you have trained on a different gun. I shoot my VP9 much better than the G17 gen 4 that I have access to. The last time I shot it i put 100 plus rounds down range and had the same issue. I think you will need just a lot more range time with the weapon to figure out the best way to shoot it. They do shoot differently from other guns, especially da/sa pistols. Since you are comming from a beretta 92 the lighter glock will be a chore to tame but as they say practice practice practice.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Glocks are not easy to pick up and shoot after you have trained on a different gun. I shoot my VP9 much better than the G17 gen 4 that I have access to. The last time I shot it i put 100 plus rounds down range and had the same issue. I think you will need just a lot more range time with the weapon to figure out the best way to shoot it. They do shoot differently from other guns, especially da/sa pistols. Since you are comming from a beretta 92 the lighter glock will be a chore to tame but as they say practice practice practice.

Thank you for that info and advice. You described exactly what I have been experiencing.
I will just have to put my time in and make it mine like I did with my rifle.
Again, thank you. I really appreciate the help.

Dapped and Repped.
:salute:

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house
Thank you for that info and advice. You described exactly what I have been experiencing.
I will just have to put my time in and make it mine like I did with my rifle.
Again, thank you. I really appreciate the help.

Dapped and Repped.
:salute:

Thanks. Hopefully you can get used to the gun quickly, but if not at least you get to spend time at the range. I wish I could shoot more but bullets are expensive :mjcry: