Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@nikkahs B. Wildin.

I officially did my first hunting trip this weekend brah(turkey) ...I didn't get a shot in cause i couldn't get them b*stards in close enough (I didn't get a turkey barrel but i will for next year) but i can' say i didn't have fun....can't wait for deer season...I'm not missing with a rifle

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@nikkahs B. Wildin.

I officially did my first hunting trip this weekend brah(turkey) ...I didn't get a shot in cause i couldn't get them b*stards in close enough (I didn't get a turkey barrel but i will for next year) but i can' say i didn't have fun....can't wait for deer season...I'm not missing with a rifle
What length barrel did you have?

You don't need a turkey choke if you know how well your other chokes pattern.

I bought a turkey choke but I'm pretty sure I keep an improved cylinder on my 28' barrel.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What length barrel did you have?

You don't need a turkey choke if you know how well your other chokes pattern.

I bought a turkey choke but I'm pretty sure I keep an improved cylinder on my 28' barrel.
18 inch stock barrel on with my 870 tactical...I didn' pattern either. Reason is because in delaware you can only shoot slugs only at the range :mjgrin:.....then when I got to Georgia, it was literally give my moma a hug and off to the woods....I'll be more prepared for next season tho

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Would it be wrong for me to just go to the range with the G17 and just blast blast blast through ammo to get it to the break in point? I mean, not really try to hit any perfection in targeting...just go through ammo to get it broken in?
I don't want to look like an idiot cause i'm inexperienced at the handgun, but if it's kewl I wouldn't mind trying that.

Thanks again!

you'll want to try to hit paper. and keep proper form. but yeah, empty the mag, 10rds less than 10 seconds.

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house
Righteous! I will do just that! I'm buying in bulk from here on out.
I looked at the prices and it's a bit better to buy in bulk. Hopefully one of the local shops will carry it and sell. I have a Bass pro shop close by and also a dikks Sporting Goods here in town.
I will try some of that 147 grain ammo too!
Sounds like it's heavier than the 115 grain...if i'm thinking about this right.

Hey, I've got a question...I know this is gonna sound stupid but I don't know how else to say it.
Would it be wrong for me to just go to the range with the G17 and just blast blast blast through ammo to get it to the break in point? I mean, not really try to hit any perfection in targeting...just go through ammo to get it broken in?
I don't want to look like an idiot cause i'm inexperienced at the handgun, but if it's kewl I wouldn't mind trying that.

Thanks again!

@nikkahs B. Wildin is correct use good form and put bullets on paper. I would just take your time and enjoy learning how to shoot the new gun. Also get online and look for any tips on shooting it better. I like the glock platform and would not mind owning one but I am not in the market for a new pistol.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@nikkahs B. Wildin is correct use good form and put bullets on paper. I would just take your time and enjoy learning how to shoot the new gun. Also get online and look for any tips on shooting it better. I like the glock platform and would not mind owning one but I am not in the market for a new pistol.

@Behind-the-wheel

utilize the good form and then it all becomes second nature. it took me a while before i actually started emptying the mag quick. I always focused on the form, then after the form was second nature I focused on the groups but it wasnt taking me all day to shoot, just a couple of seconds in between firing.

I went to the range with one of my friends, and he just emptied the clip poppoppoppopopopopopopop! His groups were good. I was just like :whoo::hubie:. and he said "Your groups are good, but your taking too long in between shots, if you took that long on the street, shooting someone and they died, you could be convicted of intentional shooting because your taking such well placed shots and lining up the groups. If you just empty the mag and the groups are good, its more of a reflex, like the cops. Once you start firing dont stop til the slide locks, then no court, jury or judge can say you took your time, or thought about it, or it was intentional. Granted if the threat is neutralized and you drop the mag and pop another one back in and resume firing......"

So from then on I usually empty the mag a few times.

It helps you with your gun control too. I dont know if youve ever played COD or an FPS where they have the recoil on but when you just hold down the trigger or repeatedly press fire and your gun kind of moves up and up and up even though youve got the reticle locked on their chest or head...

You have to practice controlling the muzzle flip and holding the gun steady particularly in a rapid fire situation.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Righteous! I will do just that! I'm buying in bulk from here on out.
I looked at the prices and it's a bit better to buy in bulk. Hopefully one of the local shops will carry it and sell. I have a Bass pro shop close by and also a dikks Sporting Goods here in town.
I will try some of that 147 grain ammo too!
Sounds like it's heavier than the 115 grain...if i'm thinking about this right.

Hey, I've got a question...I know this is gonna sound stupid but I don't know how else to say it.

Thanks again!
I'll co-sign with what everyone else is saying. Try to work on something, either form, controlling recoil or anything.
Hell you can even shoot without the target and just work on handling recoil.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death

you'll want to try to hit paper. and keep proper form. but yeah, empty the mag, 10rds less than 10 seconds.

Afternoon gentlemen....

I wanted to report in after going to the range today....I think I've hit my stride.
Started out last night getting some booty and stress relief.
Then loaded up all my mags with Winchester 9mm 115gr FMJ ONLY!!!
Hit the range today at 1130 and it was packed. These three people in the lane next to me on the left were taking turns shooting what looked like an FN 5.7 and based on the sound and size of the shells hitting the wall near my lane...I'm sure it was.

So I started out as usual at 25 yards with my S2K for 2 magazines....perfect as always.
Then transitioned to my G-17 with a new target at 8 yards.
I didn't try to conform to some preset stance or holding configuration...I just told myself to:
1. Get a solid stable grip on the gun regardless of the position or how it looked...not tryna be cool.
2. Make sure your fingertip is doing the work...not any other part of your finger.
3. Be comfortable!

I don't know how to describe my stance I used besides saying it's the same stance I use with my rifle when I'm using the long range scope that's on a 45 degree offset mount.
Very comfortable, very natural for me and I shoot the best in that stance.
The first 5 shots weren't that accurate getting used to the recoil and louder report.
But after that...I had orange to canteloupe sized groupings of 6 in each of the areas I targeted. The great thing was that I wasn't taking 30 seconds between each shot! I was taking maybe 2-3 seconds between each shot max!!!
OMG, when I recalled the target to mark my shots...I was so amazed at how much better I was than last week!!!
Like night and day! After the second round of 6 my confidence was up so high I wasn't even noticing the recoil anymore, it was like the gun wasn't there at times and all I saw and felt was my trigger finger and the target.
For the first time...the bullets were going where I wanted them to!!
I think I also understand how the sights work better as well, I was definitely not holding the gun correctly last time I went to the range. The stance I used today was much more natural and WAY better for controlling the gun.
You guys were right!! It does take practice, and because every person is different....the right stance/grip/form that works for YOU!

I left after my 4 magazines were empty because I was running short on time, but I wanted to shoot more.
I've decided to go ahead and get a membership so that I won't be limited to an hour on the range anymore...just how much ammo I bring with me.

Things are looking bright!

Thank you both so much for the advice and mentorship!!!
:salute::myman::obama:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was trying to install an aluminum gripstop on my rifle but even though it's stated it fits 1913 Pic rails it isn't fitting right. shyt is pissing me off and I've already scuffed the stop.

Probably just going to return it. I'm looking for a lighter option over my Magpul AFG-2

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
I was trying to install an aluminum gripstop on my rifle but even though it's stated it fits 1913 Pic rails it isn't fitting right. shyt is pissing me off and I've already scuffed the stop.

Probably just going to return it. I'm looking for a lighter option over my Magpul AFG-2
Post pics of it and the rifle so we can help diagnose....

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
@Behind-the-wheel Sounds like your groups improved due to finding a more comfortable stance. Don't use your hands to force yourself on target. Once I learned about NPOA (Natural Point of Aim) I saw a night and day difference with my shooting.

Natural point of aim - Wikipedia

I mainly shoot long guns, so I'm seated when shooting. I'll close my eyes, put myself roughly on target and then open them and check my sights. I keep a repeating this until I'm dead center. Also try to keep a consistent bottom of breath hold, as this will affect accuracy as well.

Last edited:

brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north
finally picked up a glock 43 for ccw the other day, also ordered an iwb holster (caught a sale on stealthgear ventcore mini), belt (volund gearworks g-hook) and rubber talon grip for it

already had a gen 4 glock 19, shyt was too big and heavy for me to comfortably cc, relegating it to home defense. not having to purchase anything other than 9mm ammo is :banderas:

there's a gun show here a week form now so i'm gonna try to buy some ameriglo night sights and have them installed on the spot

unless i randomly come into some money i think i'm done with pistols. kinda want a benelli shotgun but those shyts are pricey af

Last edited:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thinking of buying one of these.
ColonelBlades™ - Best EDC Fixed Blade Knives
Since I can't bring a firearm everywhere...
STJ_8479__07228.1515004923.jpg