Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Thanks. Hopefully you can get used to the gun quickly, but if not at least you get to spend time at the range. I wish I could shoot more but bullets are expensive :mjcry:

That's the truth!!
I used to spend all my money on video games and arrows every month, now it's 9mm ammo and range time.
Shoot man, I thought archery was expensive....
Peeps at the range telling me I should get a member ship cause I pretty much bought 5 already coming in there every week...
:francis::snoop:

But there's no other way to learn.

Daps
That's the truth!!
I used to spend all my money on video games and arrows every month, now it's 9mm ammo and range time.
Shoot man, I thought archery was expensive....
Peeps at the range telling me I should get a member ship cause I pretty much bought 5 already coming in there every week...
:francis::snoop:

But there's no other way to learn.

what do you consider expensive ? where are you getting your ammo ? better start checking online and walmart

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
what do you consider expensive ? where are you getting your ammo ? better start checking online and walmart

Lol, I get most of my ammo from Walmart.
21 dollars for a box of 100 Federal FMJ 115 grain.
Not bad...but when you run through 3 of those and try to stock up with another 4 for storage, it adds up.
I have a pretty strict budget to stick to to keep stacking this loot. Giving to one are means taking from another area.
:yeshrug:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not bad...but when you run through 3 of those and try to stock up with another 4 for storage, it adds up.
I have a pretty strict budget to stick to to keep stacking this loot. Giving to one are means taking from another area.
You don't shoot target rounds at the range?
I stay shooting target rounds then usually run some of the shyt I carry daily through them .

I'd go broke only shooting defense rounds

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps

Try shooting some better ammo. You might get better grouping and therefore not be so hard on yourself about feeling like your accuracy needing to be better.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Try shooting some better ammo. You might get better grouping and therefore not be so hard on yourself about feeling like your accuracy needing to be better.

What ammo would you suggest? I didnt' know ammo played a large part in accuracy!! I was shocked when I heard that the barrel might be a problem and to upgrade that first because the stock barrel from Glock isn't the highest quality. I was told "Match Quality" is the best...
:manny::patrice:

You don't shoot target rounds at the range?
I stay shooting target rounds then usually run some of the shyt I carry daily through them .
I'd go broke only shooting defense rounds

Wait...I thought those were the practice rounds!!!
What have I been buying!?!?
:ohhh::wow:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What ammo would you suggest? I didnt' know ammo played a large part in accuracy!! I was shocked when I heard that the barrel might be a problem and to upgrade that first because the stock barrel from Glock isn't the highest quality. I was told "Match Quality" is the best...

I don't know but if you bought your gun brand new, you'll want to break it in. Imo the best break in is over time roughly 1000 rds min. I usually shoot 100-200 every time I go. And every time I go I bring atleast 2 firearms. Clean and oil them after each time at the range.

After you've broken it in hit up a sporting goods store and find the ammo your gun likes. Every gun is different .I have 2 S&W. 40's one shoots beautifully with herters while the other shoots better with federal .

You've got to run different ammo through it just to test it out .

I usually use Winchester target rounds at the range. Like 100 or 200 for $50

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
I don't know but if you bought your gun brand new, you'll want to break it in. Imo the best break in is over time roughly 1000 rds min. I usually shoot 100-200 every time I go. And every time I go I bring atleast 2 firearms. Clean and oil them after each time at the range.

After you've broken it in hit up a sporting goods store and find the ammo your gun likes. Every gun is different .I have 2 S&W. 40's one shoots beautifully with herters while the other shoots better with federal .

You've got to run different ammo through it just to test it out .

I usually use Winchester target rounds at the range. Like 100 or 200 for $50
Oh wow...I did NOT know that!!
I mean, I knew the break in point was close to 1000 rounds...but I did NOT know about running different ammo types through the gun.
I've only ever used Federal in my Glock-17, but I've used many types of ammo with my KT-S2K-G17 rifle.

Lets see...these are all the ammos I've used in my rifle:
Federal (my mainstay)
Winchester (My second choice in ammo)
Fiocci (Way more expensive than I can run...but very clean ammo)
Blazer (Dirty as hell...won't ever buy it again)

I can't say I honestly remember any of them being any more accurate than the others...just cleaner or dirtier. My KT-S2K-G17 has always been accurate for me regardless of the ammo. It just needed a scope for me to reach out past 25 yards...that's all.
Most accurate firearm I've ever shot...thats why I love it.

But that Glock-17....wow....its like frickin Joe Pesci in "Goodfellas".
Wild....unpredictable...violent...a pain...small...

I know I know...practice practice practice....
:snoop:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh wow...I did NOT know that!!
I mean, I knew the break in point was close to 1000 rounds...but I did NOT know about running different ammo types through the gun.
I've only ever used Federal in my Glock-17, but I've used many types of ammo with my KT-S2K-G17 rifle.

Lets see...these are all the ammos I've used in my rifle:
Federal (my mainstay)
Winchester (My second choice in ammo)
Fiocci (Way more expensive than I can run...but very clean ammo)
Blazer (Dirty as hell...won't ever buy it again)

I can't say I honestly remember any of them being any more accurate than the others...just cleaner or dirtier. My KT-S2K-G17 has always been accurate for me regardless of the ammo. It just needed a scope for me to reach out past 25 yards...that's all.
Most accurate firearm I've ever shot...thats why I love it.

But that Glock-17....wow....its like frickin Joe Pesci in "Goodfellas".
Wild....unpredictable...violent...a pain...small...

I know I know...practice practice practice....
:snoop:

i really like my g17. i really have 0 complaints or concerns about it. for the price it was brand new if that was the only gun i had i would be content. i have more guns and more expensive guns but the glock wasnt a stepping stone gun, like lemme get a gun real quick until i can save up to get something nice. at the time i wanted a 9mm and i wanted a 40. ive heard good things about the glock in 40 but i went smith and wesson.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
i really like my g17. i really have 0 complaints or concerns about it. for the price it was brand new if that was the only gun i had i would be content. i have more guns and more expensive guns but the glock wasnt a stepping stone gun, like lemme get a gun real quick until i can save up to get something nice. at the time i wanted a 9mm and i wanted a 40. ive heard good things about the glock in 40 but i went smith and wesson.

My G-17 is my dream handgun as well.
I just never shot one prior and had no idea it would take so much to learn and master it.
Disillusioned because I mastered the KT-S2K-G17 in less than a three weeks once I had the right scope to go with the irons.
But...I'll get it....eventually.
Gonna work on strengthening my forearms so I can control it better too.

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house

Ammo does play a large part. If you want something softer shooting to get used to the G17 try to find some 147 grain 9mm. It does help since it is a sub sonic 9mm round a little less kick. I do mean a little, but since it is a new gun just shoot it. I would not make any changes to the pistol until you have run at least 1000 rds through it. Walmart is a great place for 115 but if you want heavier you will need to hit a bas pro shops or cabellas type store.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

buy some wolf ammo in bulk.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Ammo does play a large part. If you want something softer shooting to get used to the G17 try to find some 147 grain 9mm. It does help since it is a sub sonic 9mm round a little less kick. I do mean a little, but since it is a new gun just shoot it. I would not make any changes to the pistol until you have run at least 1000 rds through it. Walmart is a great place for 115 but if you want heavier you will need to hit a Bass Pro Shop or Cabelas type store.

Righteous! I will do just that! I'm buying in bulk from here on out.
I looked at the prices and it's a bit better to buy in bulk. Hopefully one of the local shops will carry it and sell. I have a Bass pro shop close by and also a dikks Sporting Goods here in town.
I will try some of that 147 grain ammo too!
Sounds like it's heavier than the 115 grain...if i'm thinking about this right.

Hey, I've got a question...I know this is gonna sound stupid but I don't know how else to say it.
Would it be wrong for me to just go to the range with the G17 and just blast blast blast through ammo to get it to the break in point? I mean, not really try to hit any perfection in targeting...just go through ammo to get it broken in?
I don't want to look like an idiot cause i'm inexperienced at the handgun, but if it's kewl I wouldn't mind trying that.

Thanks again!