Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
finally got around to installing night sights on my glock 19. dope shyt. i'd recommend any pistol owner install night sights especially if you keep one close by for home/personal defense.

l4dYEHm.png

Trijcon?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
yep. very visible in pitch dark. used a little bit of loctite, but not too much in case i need to adjust. gonna hit the range next week and make sure everything is aligned.

Nice, I got the same sights on my pistol. Still glowing strong after a number of years.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
@Stir Fry and other gun gods wat yall think about taking ur front sight posts off? Is there any advantage to it?

It does not make any sense to do that. Just like what @Stir Fry said, what are you going to do if your scope or red dot goes down. Your sights are your backup, How are you going to aim?

Without your sights your going to look like chief wiggum:

245.gif

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What's ur guys thoughts on carrying with 1 in the chamber for home defense and CC? Vs racking at the last moment in a conflict scenario.
Dont Plaxico urself
We talked about that a couple pages ago.

That last moment scenario stuff is for the birds. Put yourself in the aggressor of a situation.

You hear a noise in your garage or kitchen. You come out and draw your weapon. The other guy reaches into his jacket /hoody / waistband and pulls out a gun. Then he has to rack it and shoot you.

All the while you're standing there with the drop on him.

Are you going to let him do all that or shoot him at the first chance you get?

Nobody is going to let you draw a weapon, then rack the slide just to be sure that it is indeed a gun and that you intend to fire on them.

Them mere seconds will cost you your life.

Check my below post for the realest thing I experienced.

Got to.

I fukked up my very first ccw training / shooting class.

They put the target sideways and 25 feet out. And they made everyone step back beyond the line. We had drawn numbers and we're randomly assigned lanes. Our guns were on our hips concealed, they say move on 3.

"Scenario you're walking to you're car after work it's, 10:30 pm." *Now we start walking to the line and at the same time the target is moving about walking speed but it's still sideways so you can't see the profile*

"As you're getting your keys you notice someone is in the lot walking toward you" **this command comes in about a second or two after the first the target is roughly 15-20 yards out and still approaching sideways.

"Now you see you're target shoot or dont shoot!"
**the targets automatically turn to full profile**

some of the others shooters have a neighbor, a neighbors teenaged kid dressed like a skateboarder with a beanie....others have a guy with a knife or a gun. I had the bad guy.

I pulled my weapon and click click....i didn't have one chambered. Quickly racked the slide and fired. I could've easily been shot especially had some dude watch me fumble. I probably shot him within 5-7 yards because the target was still coming forward at about an average pace if not a lil quicker.

It was fun for a good exercise but wasn't a good feeling being unprepared. I just forgot to have a round chambered. Great learning experience.

If you want to test it out. Just leave your gun completely unloaded and walk around with it cocked. See if the trigger ever accidently gets pulled.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
7.62 x 39 or 5.56?
:mjpls:

I like my AK with the 7.62. AR-15s are cool to mod and put together but I love the AK reliability. It is strangely not as loud as 5.56 though. I was at the range over the holidays shooting my AK with my bro and the guy in the next lane had an AR. He was WAY louder.

Both rounds will stop just about anyone for 99% of the reasons you need. Unless hardened militia members are going to hit up your house you can't go wrong. AR-15 needs to be cleaned and maintained though.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
We talked about that a couple pages ago.

That last moment scenario stuff is for the birds. Put yourself in the aggressor of a situation.

You hear a noise in your garage or kitchen. You come out and draw your weapon. The other guy reaches into his jacket /hoody / waistband and pulls out a gun. Then he has to rack it and shoot you.

All the while you're standing there with the drop on him.

Are you going to let him do all that or shoot him at the first chance you get?

Nobody is going to let you draw a weapon, then rack the slide just to be sure that it is indeed a gun and that you intend to fire on them.

Them mere seconds will cost you your life.

Check my below post for the realest thing I experienced.

I have a CC license and when I carry it is always fully loaded. Now at home it used to be loaded with at least one round as well but having two young kids who are climbing and getting into stuff made me scratch that. I am thinking about a safe to keep the fully loaded gun in. Slows you down but not as much as loading a gun.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
I like my AK with the 7.62. AR-15s are cool to mod and put together but I love the AK reliability. It is strangely not as loud as 5.56 though. I was at the range over the holidays shooting my AK with my bro and the guy in the next lane had an AR. He was WAY louder.

Both rounds will stop just about anyone for 99% of the reasons you need. Unless hardened militia members are going to hit up your house you can't go wrong. AR-15 needs to be cleaned and maintained though.

Also if you do an AK-47, I would recommend some of the E Europe made ones like WASR (Romanian). From what I have heard the American made ones like Century Arms RAS47 aren't as loved by enthusiasts.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What's ur guys thoughts on carrying with 1 in the chamber for home defense and CC? Vs racking at the last moment in a conflict scenario.

practice practice practice

if you hit the range more it becomes second nature to put a clip in, rack, shoot.

also layout of your house, other factors come into play