Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
Honestly, I don't know much about the dracos. I had been looking at SKS vs AK for a while and decided on AK. Mossbergs are good, I have one as well.
Break down the AKs for me

Yugos russians chinese etc

And wats the huge difference between AK 74 & AK 47? Are AK 74s just as reliable?

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
Its a pump action mossberg 500 tactical

Im in love with it

This is my first time handling a shotgun. I think im addicted to shotties now.

Let me upload a pic cuhz

Cool!!!!

Yeah mossy are the bestest breh.

I got a 500 pistol grip and a 590 shockwave (I call it my "shock & awe")

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps

Im in love with it

Let me upload a pic cuhz

That's what i got. I got a a 20" that i take skeet shooting also.

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house

Im in love with it

Let me upload a pic cuhz

Nice call on the Mossberg 500 tac. I am planning on getting the same gun after I get my gun safe.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have a CC license and when I carry it is always fully loaded. Now at home it used to be loaded with at least one round as well but having two young kids who are climbing and getting into stuff made me scratch that. I am thinking about a safe to keep the fully loaded gun in. Slows you down but not as much as loading a gun.
I agree with you 100%

Once you step out the front door always have one in the chamber. Inside the house use your own discretion.

My boy and his wife don't have kids ,so they both pack heat. She won't freak out or accidently kill herself with his loaded gun.

My girl is more liable to harm herself or me fukking around with my guns so I keep them unchambered and unloaded.

It's nothing for me to get it poppin if someone kicks in the door though.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Break down the AKs for me

Yugos russians chinese etc

And wats the huge difference between AK 74 & AK 47? Are AK 74s just as reliable?

AK-74s are just as reliable. It was an update to the AK-47. Both guns use numbers for their intro years (1947 and 1974) and both were designed by Kalashnikov. Some people like the AK-74 and see it as better though I haven't shot one. One big deal though you should consider is ammo--they are not the same.

AK-74 was primarily developed to be more accurate than the AK-47 at longer distances. AK-47s are known to be less accurate at longer distances than M-16s/AR-15s. The AK-74 uses 5.54 mm x 39 mm rounds which were made to be closer to the 5.56mm that the M-16/AR-15 uses to improve accuracy.

One of my things with buying guns is calculating the availability/expense of ammo. 5.56mm ammo is available online but is not as widely available as 7.62mm ammo and the ATF banned some of it a couple years ago since being a more effective round, some of it got classified as "armor piercing". If you are a collector and like just playing with/collecting guns the AK-74 should be cool. It would be a personal choice over the AK-47 though. If long distance accuracy was a big deal for me, I would go with an AR-15 first.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359

Good articles. I didn't know the Romanian WASR was looked down on so much. It has apparently gotten better since the reviews I read online were complimentary before I bought it.

@Hennessypapi once you read those articles, check out these pages. These guys are in PA and I have dealt with them. Quality and responsive

Modern Munitions | Rifles › Semi-Automatic › Century Arms
Modern Munitions | Rifles › Semi-Automatic › Arsenal, Inc.

Of course I like buying locally but if you buy online they will send it to a local gun store for you to pick up.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can we get a list of sites that people use to check for gun sales?

I usually hit the big box retailers (cabelas, bass pro) but they only have shyt on huge sales a quarter of the time and there are gun websites that have flash sales and such. I just dont have any bookmarked and Im more than willing to get a list and drop sales and notices in here.