Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Can we get a list of sites that people use to check for gun sales?

I usually hit the big box retailers (cabelas, bass pro) but they only have shyt on huge sales a quarter of the time and there are gun websites that have flash sales and such. I just dont have any bookmarked and Im more than willing to get a list and drop sales and notices in here.
gun.deals
probably the best site, but you just have to keep going to retailer sites (academy, cabela, bass pro) and looking at fliers and etc to see if you can find something.

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
Can we get a list of sites that people use to check for gun sales?

I usually hit the big box retailers (cabelas, bass pro) but they only have shyt on huge sales a quarter of the time and there are gun websites that have flash sales and such. I just dont have any bookmarked and Im more than willing to get a list and drop sales and notices in here.

Gun Deals - Deals for firearms, ammunition, and accessories • r/gundeals

gun.deals | Guns and Ammo Search Engine and Gun Deals (this link has no .com) this is gold you will find a lot of other gun retailers on here.

My favorite big box retailers are

sportsmanoutdoorsuperstore.com

southernohiogun.com

budsgunshop.com
(the biggest one. I don't like them for md purchases or returns they are often cheap than in store but not other online retailers)

Sportsman's Guide - Outdoor and Hunting Gear, Guns, Ammo & More!

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/

www.cabelas.com is a better big box than bass pro shop imo

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gun Deals - Deals for firearms, ammunition, and accessories • r/gundeals

gun.deals | Guns and Ammo Search Engine and Gun Deals (this link has no .com) this is gold you will find a lot of other gun retailers on here.

My favorite big box retailers are

sportsmanoutdoorsuperstore.com

southernohiogun.com

budsgunshop.com
(the biggest one. I don't like them for md purchases or returns they are often cheap than in store but not other online retailers)

Sportsman's Guide - Outdoor and Hunting Gear, Guns, Ammo & More!

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/

www.cabelas.com is a better big box than bass pro shop imo

I have a cabelas and bass pro locally. And I think I'm one of the few states that actually has that. That's why check them.

I'm glad we got a list cause now others can look with ease and I'll continue to post hot deals when I come across them.

But I went to one site like a minute after it was posted and acted a fool :snoop:.

:banderas:I can't front this that shyt felt real good.

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
I have a cabelas and bass pro locally. And I think I'm one of the few states that actually has that. That's why check them.

I'm glad we got a list cause now others can look with ease and I'll continue to post hot deals when I come across them.

But I went to one site like a minute after it was posted and acted a fool :snoop:.

:banderas:I can't front this that shyt felt real good.
yeah the best gun prices are sept till nov

Black friday and christmas this year had nearly no deals

Try to only buy guns on deep sale and clearance.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yeah the best gun prices are sept till nov

Black friday and christmas this year had nearly no deals

Try to only buy guns on deep sale and clearance.
My parents didn't raise a fool. I knew exactly what I wanted it and the prices I was willing to pay. I just happened to find them within minutes.

I hope people know how to shop around locally and online. Guns you can get guns and parts anywhere between 10-50% off by checking local and even used. Especially with online coupon codes and stuff.

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
Is a machine gun necessary for people to own? Unless you are in the military full respect :smile:

A machine gun is full auto or select fire options.

Unless you have 10k or 20k laying around and money for class 3 firearms permit then your not owning a full auto weapon.

Semi auto is completely different.

Imo its not necessary to own but who am I to say what people can or can't own.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I've posted both of these videos before. Just to highlight the tool that im using. As I have stated, other than the laser bullet which can be bought in multiple calibers for around $40 on ebay, you can find a way to mount/prop up your phone to use one of the free apps and print off any free target and basically be able to practice target shooting in your house.

1. practice trigger control
25ea39d170f896de71d1dc34482e781c.jpg
like ive said time and time again, the number one reason people buy accessories for their guns or even write off certain brands of guns, is because of trigger control. You can be at the range and be dead accurate, no you dont need glasses or contacts or a high powered scope, but then you pull the trigger and the shot is off to the left or the right, by an inch or two. Its not the gun, its not you, its your trigger control.
You don't have to load your gun to test it. Point your unloaded gun at something, and bring it back toward your face as if you are zooming in through the sights. Gently pull the trigger with your finger, you may see the gun swaying left or swaying right, that means you either have too much or too little finger on the trigger. Find the sweet spot where it moves the least or doesnt move at all. The gun moving 2 milimeters left or right when your aiming at a target/person 8-10 feet away is can be up to a 1ft if not greater difference especially if the person is moving. Meaning if you were aiming square into someones chest and that barrel swayed, now you could hit them in the shoulder or completely miss them.

2. Muscle memory- Find that sweet spot on the trigger, bring the gun up and fire repeatedly. Practice holding correctly. Go from drawing to firing with the sweet spot, to racking the gun and firing again with the sweet spot. This is especially good if you own different guns. For instance my S&W is smoother and more springy then my Glock which is more snappy and crunchy imo and the triggers while both fine imo are completely different,

3. Learn/practice shooting with both eyes open.

Since I hunt during season, rifle (scoped) and shotgun (unscoped), I use my eyes different then a lot of shooters. Long story short I shoot with both eyes open. I was at the range tonight with a group and someone was watching me shoot and they thought I was just aimlessly shooting down range because they were watching my eyes and seeing if they could see me focus. I didnt wink or squint or anything so to them it looked like I was just aimlessly firing down range. But I was on target. They asked how I did it and I cant really explain it except that I practice.

I still have my memberships to ranges and still go out and shoot, but theres a lot of practice that goes into it that is free and i dont have to go anywhere. The free stuff that ya'll can do too is what I want to pass along.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This is using a paper target i printed out and stuck on the wall with some tape, a camera tripod with a cellphone holder and the free app.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
SHOT Show 2018 Started today.
I'm gonna post some Day 1 things and try to post during the week.

SIG Sauer U.S. XM17 Pistol
sig_2.jpg

SIG Sauer P365 Pistol
Of all the buzz so far this year, the P365 is leading the pack. This new micro compact is a game changer when it comes to small concealment pistols. It is a 10-round capacity gun with the flush-fitting magazine, and a 12-round magazine is also available.
SIG_Sauer_P365_4.jpg

Ruger Security-9 Double-Stack Pistol
sec9_1.jpg

G19 watch out. Ruger has just announced the new Security-9 pistol, a mid-sized center-fire pistol chambered in 9 mm Luger. The pistol utilizes a 15-round, double-stack magazine, with a size somewhere between compact and full-size, making it small and light enough to be easily concealed and comfortably carried, yet with twice the capacity of slimmer 9 mm Luger pistols—at a price point of $379 MSRP.

New Ruger GP100 and SP101 Models
At long last, Ruger has brought it's additional revolver chambers game to the Standard .357 Mag./.38 Spec. GP100 line up. The new 7-shots version of this cornerstone platform will be available with 2.5", 4.2" and 6" barrels with adjustable rear sights, fiber-optic front sights and "old school" wood-paneled synthetic grips. Other features include all-stainless steel construction, triple-locking cylinders and an MSRP of $899.

rugers_shot.jpg

Ruger Super Redhawk 10 mm Revolver
srh_001_srh10_w_cover_01.jpg