Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
It's just that there are people who swear by Glock's "Perfection" hence why they are pushed so much. Also the numbers don't lie.

I like Sigs too BTW and other guns but I own a Glock.
Glock doesn't make up the majority of handguns sold in the US, glock "perfection" is glock's marketing slogan.
I dont advise people on any brand, at the end of the day guns are more accurate than the people shooting them, its really a question of what you are comfortable with.
If you pick up a glock and like the grip great, if you pick up a XD or Shield or etc and you like it great, pick what you are comfortable with, because all the other shyt outside of a dangerous weapon like a remington r51 are solid and will serve you well.

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house
Glock isn't entry level to me and most people I know who own guns, its a very common striker pistol, but it isn't the standard of firearms IMHO.
Glock isn't the standard at to me, too many handguns out there, especially if you are talking striker or hammer fired.

That said I didn't shyt on Glock and its no big deal to me, just telling the young man my opinion since he asked.

I have to agree with David_TheMan as glock not being a beginner firearm if you are starting with out professional training. If you limp wrist a glock and as a beginner shooting on your own, you probably will not have a good time shooting. Try out several guns for feel and buy what you are most comfortable with. Remember you want to be able to make the most out of your range time so a gun that you do not mind putting 200 rounds through is a must. There is a large price range for both striker and da/sa guns. Strikers are nice to start with but a good da/sa or sa 1911 is a joy to shoot.

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house
I agree with you all that new shooter need to figure what works for them and get training. Old shooters need range time and occasional training to keep skills sharp. Has any one here shot a Walther pps? I shot one the other day and there was no trigger reset feel. Wondering if it was the gun that I was shooting or if they are all like that.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I agree with you all that new shooter need to figure what works for them and get training. Old shooters need range time and occasional training to keep skills sharp. Has any one here shot a Walther pps? I shot one the other day and there was no trigger reset feel. Wondering if it was the gun that I was shooting or if they are all like that.
Nah, sorry can't help never really been interested in walthers

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I didn't say Glock is the ONLY brand. I'm just saying the reason Glocks have become America's handgun (about 65% of the handgun market) is because they just work. They're simple mechanics and they are effective. Plus there are tons of after market parts for them.

With that said there's others to look at. For my compact I have a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield. It works for my hands and feels great. I can shoot it effectively. Many people were suggesting a Glock 43 for me but I didn't like it.

If I wanted to spend what I'd spend on two Glocks on a handgun I would have gotten a Sig Legion 229/226. At this point though SA/DA would be something I'd have to train to get effective at so I'd rather just use my Glock.

1911s are sexy too but I don't know if I'd own one.

The thing is about firearms is that one size does not fit all which is the cool thing about them. The owner adds a very personal touch to them.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Glock isn't entry level to me and most people I know who own guns, its a very common striker pistol, but it isn't the standard of firearms IMHO.
Glock isn't the standard at to me, too many handguns out there, especially if you are talking striker or hammer fired.

That said I didn't shyt on Glock and its no big deal to me, just telling the young man my opinion since he asked.
@tahoj4
What gun would you recommend as an entry level barebones non expensive pistol?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What type of gun you looking for in size compact, full size?
Im not looking for anything I want to know what brand of firearm you recommend as an entry level firearm. You can choose compact or full size.