Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I wear my full sized pistol concealed.
I have a comp-tac (don't buy from them, they are on that blue live matter bullshyt, sent me an email on their customer list)
If you rock a IWB in the appendix carry, it works well, atleast for me. I wear my 1911 and my XD45 that way.

===
changed israeli carry to appendix carry I'm sleepy

I got a full size beretta. I have NEVER attempted to conceal carry it. shyt is way too big IMO.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
For general self defense, go with a shotgun. For fun or heavier lifting, go with a rifle. Pistols are sidearms, their purpose is to get you to your rifle or shotty if they're not readily available.

Agreed. Home Defense a shotty.

I don't have one yet though. The technology of rifle ammo is getting better and you can get rounds with minimum penetration.

I think a rifle though has better all around utility. You can use it to patrol the perimeter of your home, hunt, mid range shooting. I also like ARs because anyone can pick up and use it with minimum recoil.

Clearly I'm bias :smile:

glock 43 can fit in my front pocket without a holster.

Man I hope you're SAFELY pocket carrying if you're doing that.

I got a full size beretta. I have NEVER attempted to conceal carry it. shyt is way too big IMO.

Even with a Glock 19 I feel that shyt is too big.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Y'all mess with weapon lights?

Most definitely

I got an insight x2 on my pistol and a Travis Haley Inforce for my rifles.

You only really need about 150 lumens or so.

Too bright, and the reflection can bounce off walls and blind you at night. Too bright will also be more likely to give your position away.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Most definitely

I got an insight x2 on my pistol and a Travis Haley Inforce for my rifles.

You only really need about 150 lumens or so.

Too bright, and the reflection can bounce off walls and blind you at night. Too bright will also be more likely to give your position away.

I was thinking of a Surefire X300. I could put it on my AR and my Glock.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Any posts in here relating to guns for beginners? Undecided on a gun for personal defense.
Yeah lots of posts, just read the tread or search through it for a specific topic.
First decide what gun you want to purchase, rifle/handgun/shotgun
From there you can ask more targeted questions, a lot of the time its going to come down to personal preference though, so remember that.

As for people pushing glock, I wouldn't say that, get the gun that you feel comfortable with, when you hold.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I have a beretta cougar, don't know which berreta fullsize you have but if you have a px4 the cougar is heavier and I can carry it concealed very well.
A lot of times its your holster and wear you position it, on top of body proportions.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah lots of posts, just read the tread or search through it for a specific topic.
First decide what gun you want to purchase, rifle/handgun/shotgun
From there you can ask more targeted questions, a lot of the time its going to come down to personal preference though, so remember that.

As for people pushing glock, I wouldn't say that, get the gun that you feel comfortable with, when you hold.

Glock is like the standard entry level plain Jane firearm. Like if you go to a restaurant you've never been and get the cheeseburger or. new pizza place and get a slice of pepperoni.

Your getting the plain Jane, not too crazy, not getting yourself into something you're not ready for. And from there if you're interesting in beginning to customize you're firearm there are plenot of things you can do. Then from there you can move into more expensive or better rated firearms.

It's not like people are suggesting he get a Jimenez, basilla, or Taurus.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Glock is like the standard entry level plain Jane firearm. Like if you go to a restaurant you've never been and get the cheeseburger or. new pizza place and get a slice of pepperoni.

Your getting the plain Jane, not too crazy, not getting yourself into something you're not ready for. And from there if you're interesting in beginning to customize you're firearm there are plenot of things you can do. Then from there you can move into more expensive or better rated firearms.

It's not like people are suggesting he get a Jimenez, basilla, or Taurus.
Glock isn't entry level to me and most people I know who own guns, its a very common striker pistol, but it isn't the standard of firearms IMHO.
Glock isn't the standard at to me, too many handguns out there, especially if you are talking striker or hammer fired.

That said I didn't shyt on Glock and its no big deal to me, just telling the young man my opinion since he asked.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Glock isn't entry level to me and most people I know who own guns, its a very common striker pistol, but it isn't the standard of firearms IMHO.
Glock isn't the standard at to me, too many handguns out there, especially if you are talking striker or hammer fired.

That said I didn't shyt on Glock and its no big deal to me, just telling the young man my opinion since he asked.

It's just that there are people who swear by Glock's "Perfection" hence why they are pushed so much. Also the numbers don't lie.

I like Sigs too BTW and other guns but I own a Glock.