Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I usually go once a week or twice a week from October to the end of January.

Have you thought about getting a bolt action rifle?

Too many shooting activities! I am more on the tactical line and if anything I'd do a three gun or USPSA style competition I think. I've tried skeet shooting and love it, but man...hobbies are expensive! :russ:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Have you thought about getting a bolt action rifle?

Too many shooting activities! I am more on the tactical line and if anything I'd do a three gun or USPSA style competition I think. I've tried skeet shooting and love it, but man...hobbies are expensive! :russ:
The one in the video is a bolt action. It took me a minute to reload because I'm using a weak springed magazine. I also use it here I typically use it for small game when I'm not using the shotgun. I also have a Marlin 60 which is semi auto but Ive only taken that out a handful of times this season.

Hunting isn't too expensive. You just have to buy everything once. I generally wear the same gear. Ammo is cheap. Unless you bag out (reach the daily limit) you don't shoot often so you don't have to continually buy ammo, it's free to hunt on land..just drive to the hunting spot and drive home basically.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I have a beretta cougar, don't know which berreta fullsize you have but if you have a px4 the cougar is heavier and I can carry it concealed very well.
A lot of times its your holster and wear you position it, on top of body proportions.

no, I have a beretta 96G. it looks like this.

96A1_Main.jpg

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house
Are you in a state where walmarts sell shotguns? I almost bought a mossy on a whim but I have an 870. The walmart price points are damn good considering the same gun at cabelas is about $50 more before tax. I happen to be in an area where cabelas is right next to the one of the few areas near the city that sells firearms.

Last Monday or Tuesday I took my 870 hunting.

:banderas: my boy has a highly rated benelli shotgun that's supposed to be even better. We'll see. I was dropping dimes. I made a tripod for my HD cam but the recoil blew the camera off.

No I have not seen any shoguns for sale in walmart around here. I was in a dikks sporting goods and took a look at the mossberg 500, mavereck 88, and the mossberg 930. I would love the 930 but it was $730. A benelli m4 would be a dream but I don't have that kind of cash for a gun.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No I have not seen any shoguns for sale in walmart around here. I was in a dikks sporting goods and took a look at the mossberg 500, mavereck 88, and the mossberg 930. I would love the 930 but it was $730. A benelli m4 would be a dream but I don't have that kind of cash for a gun.

Pawn shop breh. Typically after the hunting season people are going to pawn their guns because they had shyt luck. Theres always those people who give up or just get rid of the gun cause they need the dough. Ain't no shame in buying a used gun, you just have to know how to inspect it, much like buying a used car.

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house
Pawn shop breh. Typically after the hunting season people are going to pawn their guns because they had shyt luck. Theres always those people who give up or just get rid of the gun cause they need the dough. Ain't no shame in buying a used gun, you just have to know how to inspect it, much like buying a used car.

I'll keep that in mind. I am planning on putting the purchase off until spring of next year, but if I find a great deal I will have to make a move.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My new single stage 3.5lb trigger makes the rounds fly. You can easily shoot 5 shots in a row with it. Better than milspec

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@nikkahs B. Wildin What do you do with the squirrels?

And you put a lot of seasoning salt on that brisket!

I eat them. I usually brine them in salt water sometimes with apple cider vinegar in addition to the salt. From there depending on how I feel I'll put them in a slow cooker with some chicken broth then on the grill or just straight to the grill.

I do save the hides (the fur) right now I'm have one saved up I'm going to flesh it (remove any excess skin/fat) then dry it it out and may make something like a pouch or something.

I need to do a winter brisket.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So u eat a furry tail rat, but not bacon?? :dahell:

A furry tailed rat that eats nothing but acorns and berries.

Vs a domesticated pig so inbred that it has waddles (flaps of skin that hang down) and are fed anything a person will feed it and everything in its sight.....whether meat, vegetable, grain etc, rotten or not