tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house
What's a good starter AR-15?
What's a good starter pistol? SigP320?
Looking to get the fundamentals of it

@David_TheMan gave you some great advice, but I would ask the question what will you be using the gun for? Is it a home defense gun? Are you shooting for personal defense? Are you shooing for fun? Do you just want a cool looking gun.

Once you can seriously answer these questions your next question should be whats your budget? From there will you be able to invest the time to get good with the weapon. There a literally a shyt load of weapons on the market from full size to sub compact. Until you can give us some answers we may not be able to help.

Same thing goes for AR's. There is a low range up to an over the top range for competition. I am a big fan of the Ruger 556. The price is right you can have it for less that $600, but the sky is the limit for AR's. I am a big fan of noveske and daniel defense rifles but they are way out of my price range. AR's are so plentiful there is a something for everyone.

There is a lot of information in this thread. If you can give us more information I am sure people will be able to give you some good recommendations.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
@David_TheMan gave you some great advice, but I would ask the question what will you be using the gun for? Is it a home defense gun? Are you shooting for personal defense? Are you shooing for fun? Do you just want a cool looking gun.

Once you can seriously answer these questions your next question should be whats your budget? From there will you be able to invest the time to get good with the weapon. There a literally a shyt load of weapons on the market from full size to sub compact. Until you can give us some answers we may not be able to help.

Same thing goes for AR's. There is a low range up to an over the top range for competition. I am a big fan of the Ruger 556. The price is right you can have it for less that $600, but the sky is the limit for AR's. I am a big fan of noveske and daniel defense rifles but they are way out of my price range. AR's are so plentiful there is a something for everyone.

There is a lot of information in this thread. If you can give us more information I am sure people will be able to give you some good recommendations.
shooting for practice in the military, I'm guard so we qual once a year, want to make sure I get expert in round

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house
shooting for practice in the military, I'm guard so we qual once a year, want to make sure I get expert in round

I will be honest I don't know any thing about the military. I would buy something similar to what you will qualify on. If that will be a Sig 320 I would get one, but the price on those is up over $100+ over what they were a year ago. I think any good striker fired pistol if that is what you will use. If you will have to use the Beretta you can pick one up used or the taurus version that is supposed to be a good gun.

In regards to the AR a good cheaper one that is from a good manufacture should work. I would buy cheap reliable versions of each gun and spend the extra money on ammo and training.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I will be honest I don't know any thing about the military. I would buy something similar to what you will qualify on. If that will be a Sig 320 I would get one, but the price on those is up over $100+ over what they were a year ago. I think any good striker fired pistol if that is what you will use. If you will have to use the Beretta you can pick one up used or the taurus version that is supposed to be a good gun.

In regards to the AR a good cheaper one that is from a good manufacture should work. I would buy cheap reliable versions of each gun and spend the extra money on ammo and training.
If he isn't an officer he isn't shooting a pistol. So if you are training get a mid level DI AR15 and just practice on your placements at your typical yardage.

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house
If he isn't an officer he isn't shooting a pistol. So if you are training get a mid level DI AR15 and just practice on your placements at your typical yardage.

Wow so the lower end guys only qualify on the AR? For they guys that were in the military how much did you really shoot? I have always wondered about that.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Just bought a Mossberg ATI

50424-catalog.jpg

Thinking about a .38 special or Glock 19... Havent decided

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
Just bought a Mossberg ATI

50424-catalog.jpg

Thinking about a .38 special or Glock 19... Havent decided

Damn that's nice breh, can that get converted to a pistol grip?

Anybody into converting pistol grip draco's to SBR's? Is the ATF process for all 50 states?
:ohhh:

Something similar to this

Or get some like this for my GF

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Damn that's nice breh, can that get converted to a pistol grip?

Anybody into converting pistol grip draco's to SBR's? Is the ATF process for all 50 states?
:ohhh:

Something similar to this

Or get some like this for my GF

Probably I'm not sure

It's already pistol grip but I think I know what you mean.

Warning, this got a lil weight on it. But im sure there are mods. It's actually very few in stock and sell out pretty quick. I had to drive 30 miles to pick this one up

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@tahoj4
You still thinking about coppin an itargetpro?

I still shoot mine at least every other day.

I copped a new holster so I've been practicing pulling my gun out of it. I got a Blackhawk serpa holster and it has a lil latch that you press so nobody can just yank your shyt or anything. It took a little getting used to but I like it and prefer it. Now I leave one in the chamber with a fully loaded mag because basically the holster provides an extra layer of safety. The trigger is fully covered when holstered so I don't have any worries .

I kept that .40 cal laser bullet been using that like a motherfukker too. I'd recommend anyone to start practicing drawing out of your holster and dry firing.

Last edited:

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house
@tahoj4
You still thinking about coppin an itargetpro?

I still shoot mine at least every other day.

I copped a new holster so I've been practicing pulling my gun out of it. I got a Blackhawk serpa holster and it has a lil latch that you press so nobody can just yank your shyt or anything. It took a little getting used to but I like it and prefer it. Now I leave one in the chamber with a fully loaded mag because basically the holster provides an extra layer of safety. The trigger is fully covered when holstered so I don't have any worries .

I kept that .40 cal laser bullet been using that like a motherfukker too. I'd recommend anyone to start practicing drawing out of your holster and dry firing.

Nice. I have not had a chance to get the itargetpro. I lost my practice area because we have been working on our basement. I am thinking about getting a holster, but I have a full size gun and cc with it would be a pain in the ass. I did get this though:

Aero Precision AR15 Gen 2 Complete Lower with M4 Collapsing Stock

They had a sale and I picked it up shipped for $134. Planning on adding this upper to it in a few weeks:

M4E1 16" 5.56 Mid-Length Complete Upper Receiver | Aero Precision

with their bolt carrier group and charging handle. I was wondering for all of the people on here who have rifles did you start with the iron sights or an optic? There are so many different accessories for the AR out there I have no idea what to start with.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nice. I have not had a chance to get the itargetpro. I lost my practice area because we have been working on our basement. I am thinking about getting a holster, but I have a full size gun and cc with it would be a pain in the ass. I did get this though:

Aero Precision AR15 Gen 2 Complete Lower with M4 Collapsing Stock

They had a sale and I picked it up shipped for $134. Planning on adding this upper to it in a few weeks:

M4E1 16" 5.56 Mid-Length Complete Upper Receiver | Aero Precision

with their bolt carrier group and charging handle. I was wondering for all of the people on here who have rifles did you start with the iron sights or an optic? There are so many different accessories for the AR out there I have no idea what to start with.

My m&p has a 5 inch barrel. I had a sig subcompact. It could fit in my front pocket of these Nike sweatpants that I have. I use those as my determining factor. It was definitely more convenient but now I'm like :yeshrug: should I rock these hi-tops with the glock? Or my Clark boots with the m&p?
YGrTrE.gif