Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
If you are on the fence, I had a Armscor 1911 and a Turkish Girsan 1911 both of them solid and worth the money. As long as they are built to spec the extra money for Kimbers and STI and etc is better used upgrading springs and buying more ammo.
My first experience with this brand blew me away. It's a solid product so far.
I stripped it down and cleaned it but you have to have strong fukkin hands to maintain the spring and guide rod in and out.
Not to mention the lifetime warranty that came with it. I love it.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
My first experience with this brand blew me away. It's a solid product so far.
I stripped it down and cleaned it but you have to have strong fukkin hands to maintain the spring and guide rod in and out.
Not to mention the lifetime warranty that came with it. I love it.
You shouldn't have to hold down the spring and guide rod plug too hard, its weird you find the spring tought though, my spring on my XD is a lot more stronger to me than any 1911 spring I've had.

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
You shouldn't have to hold down the spring and guide rod plug too hard, its weird you find the spring tought though, my spring on my XD is a lot more stronger to me than any 1911 spring I've had.
It's pretty stout but not a problem to reassemble for me. Certainly didn't effect its performance at the range the other day.

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
@David_TheMan

You ever try this one, fam? I got one new around last May and it was straight butta.
Very short reset that has quick follow up shots. Canik TP9 Special Forces

878e959a59d288a4625b67f216b57465.jpg

One of the smoothest triggers I've dealt with.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
@David_TheMan

You ever try this one, fam? I got one new around last May and it was straight butta.
Very short reset that has quick follow up shots. Canik TP9 Special Forces

878e959a59d288a4625b67f216b57465.jpg

One of the smoothest triggers I've dealt with.
I haven't , not a fan of strikers anymore, sold my XD to my dad.
That said Canik is getting the reputation as a glock killer with that tp9, heard nothing but good things about their pistol line.

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I haven't , not a fan of strikers anymore, sold my XD to my dad.
That said Canik is getting the reputation as a glock killer with that tp9, heard nothing but good things about their pistol line.
Yes, personally I'm a da/sa hammer guy first but I couldn't pass this one after I caught it on sale. I didn't regret the purchase.
Nikkas at the range poppin off Glocks were looking at me keeping up with the shot placement til one breh came up to me and asked :dwillhuh: "Whatchu clappin?"
I told him and let him shoot it once and he loved it.

It's getting that Glock-Killer rep risin up but damn Gs have a strong reputation. I'll just settle for the comp.

Why did you sell your XD?:jbhmm: That's a superb firearm.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Yes, personally I'm a da/sa hammer guy first but I couldn't pass this one after I caught it on sale. I didn't regret the purchase.
Nikkas at the range poppin off Glocks were looking at me keeping up with the shot placement til one breh came up to me and asked :dwillhuh: "Whatchu clappin?"
I told him and let him shoot it once and he loved it.

It's getting that Glock-Killer rep risin up but damn Gs have a strong reputation. I'll just settle for the comp.

Why did you sell your XD?:jbhmm: That's a superb firearm.

ONe it was a .45acp and I'm moving away from those, because of the expense of the round and the negligible improvement over 9mm.
So I switched over to 9mm and sold/gave my 45s away. Gave my 1911 to my sister as a wedding gift and my XD sold that to my pops.

Got a stoeger cougar, and looking at getting either a cz p07 and p09 or a beretta storm compact and regular.

As for Cank its funny how fast the price is rising. When they first launched the tp9 series i thought it was 299 but now they retailing for 399 and some up to 500

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ONe it was a .45acp and I'm moving away from those, because of the expense of the round and the negligible improvement over 9mm.
So I switched over to 9mm and sold/gave my 45s away. Gave my 1911 to my sister as a wedding gift and my XD sold that to my pops.

Got a stoeger cougar, and looking at getting either a cz p07 and p09 or a beretta storm compact and regular.

As for Cank its funny how fast the price is rising. When they first launched the tp9 series i thought it was 299 but now they retailing for 399 and some up to 500
You're a good sibling :myman:

Yeah, the TP series aren't on the ground floor anymore due to positive reviews and it's swelling popularity.
I wouldn't be surprised if they top out by 500 next year. :yeshrug: