brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north
I want this.

VNg2ZnW.jpg
what is that? and is that a silencer / suppressor on it?

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Very nice. I would like to know who's the manufacture of that SBR. I am thinking about getting a rifle for my birthday.

I need to find out more.

Speaking of buying stuff, I sorta want a weapon light for my Glock but I don't need it. That's money that could be going to a rifle.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
What gun cabinets or gun safes do yall use?

Or do yall have them hidden traphouse style
I don't have any, because I don't need them.
You can put them in a little safe if you want though, like the little fireproof safes they sell at lowes or home depot.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Excuse my ignorance but what is protocol for carrying to and from the range? Do u keep ur firearm in its case and place it in ur trunk? Place it under the drivers seat?
personal preference mixed with your local law.
If you have a CCW or license you carry it with accourdance to how your range likes transport.
In general if its a gun I"m not carrying i will unload after firing, place gun in its case and put it in my car. If I didn't have a license AL law says it would be legal to store it in my trunk upon transporting to my home and range. But check your local law for transport with and without license

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
If I'm being honest I'm kinda terrified of guns.

I've just had bad experience with them: robbed at gun point, uncle shot and killed, friends shot and killed.

I'd like to get one for the house, but I have difficulty seeing a gun as anything other than a bringer of bad news. :(

I'm scared, brehs.

Sorry for the loses and bad experiences.
That said don't put all the issues on the gun, which is just a tool or inanimate object.
It isn't the gun that robbed you, its the person carrying it that used it to rob you, your uncle was shot and killed by another person using a gun, same with your friend.

its the same principle behind a automobile. tens of thousands die every year from car accidents, we don't blame cars for the accidents we blame the driver.

That said you have to do what you are comfortable with. If you are scared of a gun, try to go to a range and take a safety class and beginners class on firing a gun. I find personally with people I introduce, slow introduction to the firearm is the best way to breakdown the fears one might have.

If you do get one, use it, practice firing, break it down, see how it works, don't just get it and put it away. You might need it to save your life or your family and its best you are familiar with it before the situation occurs.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Hey what is the coli's opinion on Kimber

I had my eye on the micro 9mm or 45 for carrying

Kimber America | Micro 9 Stainless Raptor | Micro 9 Raptor | Micro 9 | Handguns

Kimber America | Stainless Ultra Carry II
Personally I don't think Kimbers are worth the money, if you really like the platform try to pick up a commander or officer sized 1911 from a turkish or fillipino manufacturer. You'll get the very close quality and reliability for damn near 1/4 the price.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
i think they're coming out with a new shield that will address some of the trigger criticism. this dude speculates that's the reason for the rebate....shield 2.0 coming.

Just when I'm having a hard time deciding between the Springfield XDS, Glock 43 and Glock 30s for concealed carry. Now I gotta add the S&W Shield to the options :patrice:
Springfield releasing hammer fired pistol XD-E
I don't know why, guess they trying to move on CZ

:ohhh:
to put this in perspective, here's my G43 next to the iphone 5S:

Ngc97Cf.jpg

rFktQqx.jpg
Damn that's small, is that the extended mag? Have you fired the Springfield XDS, Glock 30/30s or SW Shield and if so how would you compare them to the 43?

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
@Master Blaster fyi the $75 rebate deal for the shield ended on the 30th. But they got a new deal going now.

All the guns you mentioned are high quality top performers in the compact handguns market. You can't go wrong with any of them, just buy what feels best to you. I really want to try out the xd-e too. I want something with a little more weight.

Consumers that purchase any new qualifying M&P Full-Size, Compact or M&P Shield pistol from July 1, 2017 to September 30, 2017 will be eligible to receive two (2) boxes of Hornady Critical Defense® ammunition, two (2) additional M&P magazines and a Caldwell® Mag Charger® Universal Pistol Loader, for a total MSRP value of $180. Consumers residing in Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. states with restrictions on magazine capacities and/or ammunition transfers will be eligible for a $75 mail-in cash rebate with the purchase of qualifying pistols.

Rebates | Smith & Wesson

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Just when I'm having a hard time deciding between the Springfield XDS, Glock 43 and Glock 30s for concealed carry. Now I gotta add the S&W Shield to the options :patrice:

:ohhh:

Damn that's small, is that the extended mag? Have you fired the Springfield XDS, Glock 30/30s or SW Shield and if so how would you compare them to the 43?

I haven't tried the springfield or the SW shield, so I can't comment on them.

that said, the magazine in the picture just has an extended baseplate for your pinky. it comes with a regular magazine, but I don't particulaly like it because my pinky has no where to rest.. it doesn't even hold an extra round. the gun only hold 6+1, but I'm going to buy a different baseplate that will allow me to add +1 rounds to the gun.

I paid $460 for the G43 in illinois, and down here in texas, I see their guns sell for a little cheaper than ours. however, without a legit texas driver's license, I cannot buy guns here, which is why I bought that one before coming here. I can buy ammo and accessories, so I'm pretty much good to go.