Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
raise your hand before you quote me again. like i said put me on ignore. youre obsessed at this point if im bothering you and you wont ignore me

robert-de-niro-smoking_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

earlycuyler

Rookie
Daps

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just take it serious once ur out walking around with loaded guns.

Nothing worse then hunting with a goofy ass nikka whos drunk and or clumsy acting all Willy nilly with a gun in his hand.

Looking at your friend like

"Why you bring this dude" :martin:

Safety is always first. I've either been with people who are seasoned like my friends dad, he goes hunting with the dog, sometimes the dog will run in the path of the barrel and without conscious thought he moves the gun into a different holding position. Or if it's someone's very first time, they are so scared, anxious, nervous they are making sure to be on their p's and q's. I don't drink at all and a couple people I know will have some beer when fishing but drinking and hunting don't really mix. I've only been on an over night and a double overnight hunting trip though, there are some professional trips that are 5 day, maybe you could go back to the lodge and drink there but I guarantee there's probably a no gun policy.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I shot again tonight. I shot some ARs because I'm still in the market for one. So far LWRC is winning in my mind.

I shot a BPM AR-15 which was nice. Pretty good feel to it and I also shot a Modern Carbine AR with a scope on it.

The Modern Carbine to me feels close to what the LWRC feels like. Especially the brake after you fire.

They also had a LWRC M6 DI in there. This is the gas powered one, not piston. I still love many things about them that draws me back to it. For one the craftsmanship is great. I like the feel of it. The furniture is substantial and I wouldn't feel the need to replace it any.

Fluted barrel which makes it cool faster as well as the rail which I can adjust to my needs and put add ons on. This was around $1450 for the DI.

I seriously doubt I'd even utilize the features of the piston power. If I had a suppressor sure it would serve it's purpose. Also piston helps if you are doing some sort of water based activity like Navy seals which I doubt I'll be doing that shyt. :russ:

Soooo still leaning towards LWRC except a model that is $1000 less.

I also saw a Sig Legion P226 which reminded me why I love Sigs..but I can't justify spending $1100 on a handgun when my collection needs a rifle.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I'd be down to go to Houston. I'm 2.5 hours away.

Anyone know about these guys

Sons of Liberty Gun Works

In San Antonio

Texas has a lot of online hunting trip packages ranging from low to high. We'd have to find out how many people would be interested and then a common point i.e if 3 members are from TX a Texas hunt would be good and the remaining members could fly there. Illinois has some good packages. Theres plenty of places to go and hunt that have group packages. This is something that would have to be set up months in advance though.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Texas has a lot of online hunting trip packages ranging from low to high. We'd have to find out how many people would be interested and then a common point i.e if 3 members are from TX a Texas hunt would be good and the remaining members could fly there. Illinois has some good packages. Theres plenty of places to go and hunt that have group packages. This is something that would have to be set up months in advance though.

We could hunt some nilgai. I've been practicing my hunting skills on Big Buck HD :russ:

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika

I'm on the east coast but it's definitely a goal of mine to do a hunting trip package like that in my state next year. In a few years I'd love to travel out to the Plains to hunt some elk and shyt lol.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Get a ruger 556 or a mp sport II they are both decent entry level brands and are at or under 500 right now.

I got a colt though...

@AdvantageSouthpaw I'm also rocking with a Colt. If you want a budget AR just to get your feet wet, @j.smooth4 gave some good suggestions. :ehh:

If you want something high end ($1500+), I hear Daniel Defense is really good.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@AdvantageSouthpaw I'm also rocking with a Colt. If you want a budget AR just to get your feet wet, @j.smooth4 gave some good suggestions. :ehh:

If you want something high end ($1500+), I hear Daniel Defense is really good.

Probably going towards LWRC because I keep leaning towards that. I've shot DD which I liked as well as a few others. I think $1600 is my max I'll spend.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just shot the Tavar in 5.56 NATO. Honestly the 9mm version is superior to this one. I don't see what it offers over the AR platform other than being shorter. It makes it less versatile.

I didn't shoot as well with the 5.56 version + a Sig Red Dot. I had to shoot up and my shots were slightly scattered.

With the 9mm I was able to shoot within a few mms.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
What's the best compact pistol you could have on you and forget about. Will not bulge through clothes