Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Rekorb

Banned
Daps
I should clarify it's hard to find clips for cheap--the OEM sells them for $36/each + $10 shipping. :shaq2:

Cheapest I found was on CheaperThanDirt.com for $25-ish. Too broke to cop right now. :to:

Interesting...:bpohh:

Mines is poly, them all-steel ones is nice tho

You don't want to be too price conscious when it comes to clips.

I have read some horror stories.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
9 mm????

I have a 9 mm, I felt like I might as well have a bat.

9 mm is for conceal carry cause that revolver might shoot through 2 or 3 people so over penetration is an issue.

I went and got the revolver, it might shoot through walls so over penetration is an issue, I better practice my aim.

Might as well get that revolver if violence is on the table. I want something that will turn someone inside out so things can be abruptly.

2dsod34.jpg
2dsod34.jpg

@Stir Fry @skeetsinternal @David_TheMan @Money Mase @nikkahs B. Wildin @m0rninggl0ry @JKT @beaniemac @ReignAsKing @ProfessionallyTrill @Buckeye Fever

I don't feel bad with 9mm, matter of fact I used to have all 45acp a 1911 and a XD 45 but sold and gave one away and have moved over to 9mm completely.
Can't handle revolvers though, guess its my small hands. I'll leave that to you big timers.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Remember it's always about shot placement.

For the most part of you hit anyone they are more than likely going to retreat. Unless they've been shot before or under the influence of drugs / alcohol or pure adrenaline. If they have a gun they may brace themselves and return fire.

A well placed shot with a 9 will kill, or seriously injure.

Take into consideration nobody knows how many rds you have, 10, 15, 30rd mag. Probably 95% of intruders, criminals ain't trying to have a wild Wild west shootout. So unless they know you have 5 grand in the safe under your bed or a couple of bricks a 9 is more than sufficient.

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house
9 mm????

9 mm is for conceal carry cause that revolver might shoot through 2 or 3 people so over penetration is an issue.

I went and got the revolver, it might shoot through walls so over penetration is an issue, I better practice my aim.

Might as well get that revolver if violence is on the table. I want something that will turn someone inside out so things can be abruptly.

2dsod34.jpg
2dsod34.jpg

@Stir Fry @skeetsinternal @David_TheMan @Money Mase @nikkahs B. Wildin @m0rninggl0ry @JKT @beaniemac @ReignAsKing @ProfessionallyTrill @Buckeye Fever

Love that 92fs man. That revolver is serious. I am still pretty new to shooting and 9mm is the best bang for my buck. I keep hollows for home defense and 115 grain ball for the range. I try to make it to the range at lest once a month. Got to get that practice in.

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
Thank you for that. I wanna do it the right way, but one thing I've learned in life is that the right way ain't always the way to get shyt done...unfortunately.

Finally...some clear wording on how this mess works.
That's wild. Two gun shops were ready for me to sign on the dotted line for a glock-17 and those had 17rd mags.
I practice at a range with a glock-19 that holds 15rds all the time.
I don't see why the rifle version carbine of the same gun would be a problem.
I took the plunge and paid someone to outsource this headache and find me an S2K this morning, cost me a 1/4 of my budget but fukk it...I want this damn gun.
So far he's got a lead in Baltimore of all places...what irony.

For the s2k it seems like they roll out different batches in bunches and then don't produce them for a while. I know someone who bought one online and it later got sold out as soon as he bought it. You will likely have go online to purchase one. Its going to be difficult to purchase one of those as they get sold out very quickly

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Remember it's always about shot placement.

For the most part of you hit anyone they are more than likely going to retreat. Unless they've been shot before or under the influence of drugs / alcohol or pure adrenaline. If they have a gun they may brace themselves and return fire.

A well placed shot with a 9 will kill, or seriously injure.

Take into consideration nobody knows how many rds you have, 10, 15, 30rd mag. Probably 95% of intruders, criminals ain't trying to have a wild Wild west shootout. So unless they know you have 5 grand in the safe under your bed or a couple of bricks a 9 is more than sufficient.
I don't have no kids, so my HD plan is to lock down my room, not go sweeping the house.
I have my shotgun next to my bedwith 4 buck ready to go and my rifle in my closet.
Close the door and wait, no pistol is in my equation.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
9 mm????

2dsod34.jpg
2dsod34.jpg

Not sure. I'm use my blade and mace. I need a taser tho

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house
I should clarify it's hard to find clips for cheap--the OEM sells them for $36/each + $10 shipping. :shaq2:

Cheapest I found was on CheaperThanDirt.com for $25-ish. Too broke to cop right now. :to:

Interesting...:bpohh:

Mines is poly, them all-steel ones is nice tho

$36 + shipping is not to bad for an OEM mag. I bought a replacement for my H&K and it was $48 + tax at cabellas. The best I have seen online is $43 + shipping. If you need extras find out if there is a local gun show and check there. Might be able to get a deal.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
For the s2k it seems like they roll out different batches in bunches and then don't produce them for a while. I know someone who bought one online and it later got sold out as soon as he bought it. You will likely have go online to purchase one. Its going to be difficult to purchase one of those as they get sold out very quickly

Yeah, that's exactly what each gun shop in md has said too.
The crazy thing is that the online site for kel-tec points you to gun shop dealers and when I visited those supposed dealers in this state...they claimed a year-long wait list.
They literally wanted me to pay the money up front....which was over double retail on teh website...and then wait a fukking year or more to receive the fukking gun.

fukk
THAT
shyt!

:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't have no kids, so my HD plan is to lock down my room, not go sweeping the house.
I have my shotgun next to my bedwith 4 buck ready to go and my rifle in my closet.
Close the door and wait, no pistol is in my equation.

Thats a good plan depending on your situation. I know with mines I can't afford to wait in a bedroom while someone runs my Crib. In my last Crib that would have been fine because from my bedroom I could see out past the bathroom and into the kitchen so through the only door they could use to gain entry, to get really anywhere I could post up and they'd be dead to rights.

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
The crazy thing is that the online site for kel-tec points you to gun shop dealers and when I visited those supposed dealers in this state...they claimed a year-long wait list.
They literally wanted me to pay the money up front....which was over double retail on teh website...and then wait a fukking year or more to receive the fukking gun.

fukk
THAT
shyt!

Why don't you build an ar-9 you'd have a palmetto state armory glock lower with a 9mm ar upper that shoots glock mags for around 500 bucks
attachment.php

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

fukk
THAT
shyt!

This is why a lot of people don't fukk with Kel-tec and their vaporware

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Thats a good plan depending on your situation. I know with mines I can't afford to wait in a bedroom while someone runs my Crib. In my last Crib that would have been fine because from my bedroom I could see out past the bathroom and into the kitchen so through the only door they could use to gain entry, to get really anywhere I could post up and they'd be dead to rights.
As long as you have one enterance to your room thats all that is required.
Close the door or sleep with it closed and if you are awoken by a break in, post up with your weapon aimed at the door, call the police and stay on the line, but anyone coming through that door is getting got.