Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
For now I got a glock 17. with 3 30 round clips and a laser. Will upload pics later

Next up I wanna get either a glock 40. Or .45....still contemplating which one

Eventually I wanna get an AR 15. Whats the difference between all thr Ar brands? Colt,M&P etc is one better quality than the other or is it just the BRAND name?

With ar's there are entry level tiers and high end tiers if your trying to spend over 1000$ to 3000$ there are many limitless options.

With entry level ones the biggest brands are

Colt 6920 ~$900
Colt is the traditional military/police manufacturer for most ar-15's/m4s purchased by them.
Often seen as the gold standard many including myself think you overpay though just for the name.
Parts like the Stock and barrel cover might not be as loose as on the MP or the Ruger because they are mil spec and the top mag-pul.

M&P sport II ~$500-$600
Most common quality cheap ar-15 comes with all the standard dust cover adjustable stock etc. Can't go wrong here.s
Been seeing these for 500 online.
Low cost gives extra money for mods like rails, bolt carrier, stock, trigger, scope etc.

Ruger 556 ~$500-$600
Second most common quality cheap ar-15 it comes with a 1/8 barrel twist which makes it a bit more accurate. Has a few proprietary ruger parts.
Low cost gives extra money for mods like rails, bolt carrier, stock, trigger, scope etc.

Springfield Saint ~$700
A slight step above the M&P sport and the Ruger but not as good as the colt. Is it worth the extra money? not in my opinion get the colt instead.
Comes with a gun case rather than just cardboard.

Personally if you want to buy an ar-15 get one now!!!!! it is a buyers market a lot that go for 600-700 dollars are going for 500 or 600 even the high 400's because they have overstock because everyone would have bought them if hillary got elected !!!!

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house
For me I started shooting about once a week for around 5 - 6 weeks, probably around 20 shots. buck #4 is very manageable. I had no problem handling the recoil with it, I don't shoot much 00buck but I never had problem handling it either after 4 rounds, but it definitely has a tiring factor for me.

I will have to look into that. I would not mind a shotgun but it is lower on the want list right now.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
From the thread I posted this morning...

Gun advice: How to purchase...legally?

"I've run into a situation I don't know how to grip.
New to legally working with guns. I've shot them without licensure and even carried one at one point back in the day illegally for a short period of stupidity.

I've recently endeavored to own a gun legally and I'm finding that the whole process is a bunch of bullshyt.
Acquired my gun license and I thought with having that, I could just throw a shyt ton of money at the issue and get what I want.
Apparently that's not an option or how this shyt works.
I have no one to help me figure this shyt out (no friends or family and gun shops won't tell me the truth)
The rifle I want to purchase doesn't exist in my state and no one will sell me one from the surrounding states...apparently because of the shyt state I live in.

I'm seriously reconsidering just buying a hot gun in bmore and calling it a day.

Does anyone have any advice.
I'm literally at my wits end."

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
From the thread I posted this morning...

Gun advice: How to purchase...legally?

"I've run into a situation I don't know how to grip.
New to legally working with guns. I've shot them without licensure and even carried one at one point back in the day illegally for a short period of stupidity.

I've recently endeavored to own a gun legally and I'm finding that the whole process is a bunch of bullshyt.
Acquired my gun license and I thought with having that, I could just throw a shyt ton of money at the issue and get what I want.
Apparently that's not an option or how this shyt works.
I have no one to help me figure this shyt out (no friends or family and gun shops won't tell me the truth)
The rifle I want to purchase doesn't exist in my state and no one will sell me one from the surrounding states...apparently because of the shyt state I live in.

I'm seriously reconsidering just buying a hot gun in bmore and calling it a day.

Does anyone have any advice.
I'm literally at my wits end."

If you can legally purchase a gun it would be stupid to buy a hot gun that might be tied to a crime or even put yourself in the situation where you are violating federal and state law.
Calm down and keep looking for the proper channels to buy.

That said you live in Maryland, so you are going to be fukked because of your state, northeast gonna have you at a disadvantage, outside of Pa, NH,VT, and ME
Gun laws in Maryland - Wikipedia

Laws prohibiting firearms
On April 4, 2013, the Maryland General Assembly approved legislation imposing significant new restrictions on gun ownership. The bills ban the sale of certain semi-automatic firearms that they define as assault weapons, limit magazine capacity to ten rounds, require that handgun purchasers be fingerprinted and pass a training class in order to obtain a handgun license, and bar persons who have been involuntarily committed to a mental health institution from possessing firearms. Martin O'Malley Governor at the time, signed the legislation into law on May 16, 2013.[13] Regarding ten round magazine limits for rifles purchased in Maryland, 'standard' 30 round magazines may be purchased outside Maryland and brought into the state for personal use. Those standard magazines may not be transferred, given, sold or manufactured inside Maryland.[14]

As of October 1, 2013, detachable magazines for semi-automatic handguns and semi-automatic centerfire rifles which are capable of holding more than 10 rounds may not be purchased, manufactured or sold, though they may be possessed (but not transferred within the state) by persons who already owned them prior to enactment of the 2013 changes. Magazines greater than ten (10) rounds may be purchased or acquired outside the state and carried into Maryland and used within the state. Certain pistols are classified as "assault pistols", and banned from ownership if not registered prior to August 1, 1994.[2] Only handguns on the official handgun roster[15] may be sold in the state. Private sales of "regulated firearms," which includes handguns, are permissible, but must be done at a local Maryland State Police barracks. As of 1 Oct, a Handgun Qualification License (HQL) is required for the sale, as well as a background check and a mandatory seven-day waiting period. A person must obtain a safety training certificate prior to purchasing "regulated firearms" and present that certificate prior to each purchase. With some limited exceptions,[16] only one "regulated firearm" may be purchased in any 30-day period. Handguns manufactured on or before December 31, 2002 must be sold or transferred with an external safety lock. Handguns manufactured after December 31, 2002 may only be sold or transferred if they have an internal mechanical safety device.[3][4]

Firearms advocates challenged the 2013 law. The District Court ruled that the law was constitutional based on intermediate scrutiny. On February 1, 2016, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit overruled the reasoning used to uphold the law in a 2-to-1 vote. The appellate court said that the ban on semi-automatic weapons and high-capacity magazines should be subject to strict scrutiny, not intermediate scrutiny, because they "are in common use by law-abiding citizens." The court acknowledged that the state has a right to limit the use of or ban citizen possession, sale, or transfer of "dangerous and unusual" weapons (such as hand grenades), but the weapons and ammunition barred by the 2013 law did not fall under that provision. The appellate court remanded the case to a federal district court, leaving the ban temporarily in place pending a review by the district court. The state said it would appeal the decision.[17][18] On March 4, 2016, Fourth Circuit agreed to rehear the case en banc and oral arguments took place on May 11, 2016.[19][20]

-----------

Thats your state's law, you have to pick guns that meet your states criteria to be sold. If you really want a gun but hate your state law, you have to move out of that state, might want to think about moving to VA.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
If you can legally purchase a gun it would be stupid to buy a hot gun that might be tied to a crime or even put yourself in the situation where you are violating federal and state law.
Calm down and keep looking for the proper channels to buy.

That said you live in Maryland, so you are going to be fukked because of your state, northeast gonna have you at a disadvantage, outside of Pa, NH,VT, and ME
Gun laws in Maryland - Wikipedia

Laws prohibiting firearms
On April 4, 2013, the Maryland General Assembly approved legislation imposing significant new restrictions on gun ownership. The bills ban the sale of certain semi-automatic firearms that they define as assault weapons, limit magazine capacity to ten rounds, require that handgun purchasers be fingerprinted and pass a training class in order to obtain a handgun license, and bar persons who have been involuntarily committed to a mental health institution from possessing firearms. Martin O'Malley Governor at the time, signed the legislation into law on May 16, 2013.[13] Regarding ten round magazine limits for rifles purchased in Maryland, 'standard' 30 round magazines may be purchased outside Maryland and brought into the state for personal use. Those standard magazines may not be transferred, given, sold or manufactured inside Maryland.[14]

As of October 1, 2013, detachable magazines for semi-automatic handguns and semi-automatic centerfire rifles which are capable of holding more than 10 rounds may not be purchased, manufactured or sold, though they may be possessed (but not transferred within the state) by persons who already owned them prior to enactment of the 2013 changes. Magazines greater than ten (10) rounds may be purchased or acquired outside the state and carried into Maryland and used within the state. Certain pistols are classified as "assault pistols", and banned from ownership if not registered prior to August 1, 1994.[2] Only handguns on the official handgun roster[15] may be sold in the state. Private sales of "regulated firearms," which includes handguns, are permissible, but must be done at a local Maryland State Police barracks. As of 1 Oct, a Handgun Qualification License (HQL) is required for the sale, as well as a background check and a mandatory seven-day waiting period. A person must obtain a safety training certificate prior to purchasing "regulated firearms" and present that certificate prior to each purchase. With some limited exceptions,[16] only one "regulated firearm" may be purchased in any 30-day period. Handguns manufactured on or before December 31, 2002 must be sold or transferred with an external safety lock. Handguns manufactured after December 31, 2002 may only be sold or transferred if they have an internal mechanical safety device.[3][4]

Firearms advocates challenged the 2013 law. The District Court ruled that the law was constitutional based on intermediate scrutiny. On February 1, 2016, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit overruled the reasoning used to uphold the law in a 2-to-1 vote. The appellate court said that the ban on semi-automatic weapons and high-capacity magazines should be subject to strict scrutiny, not intermediate scrutiny, because they "are in common use by law-abiding citizens." The court acknowledged that the state has a right to limit the use of or ban citizen possession, sale, or transfer of "dangerous and unusual" weapons (such as hand grenades), but the weapons and ammunition barred by the 2013 law did not fall under that provision. The appellate court remanded the case to a federal district court, leaving the ban temporarily in place pending a review by the district court. The state said it would appeal the decision.[17][18] On March 4, 2016, Fourth Circuit agreed to rehear the case en banc and oral arguments took place on May 11, 2016.[19][20]

-----------

Thats your state's law, you have to pick guns that meet your states criteria to be sold. If you really want a gun but hate your state law, you have to move out of that state, might want to think about moving to VA.

Thank you for that. I wanna do it the right way, but one thing I've learned in life is that the right way ain't always the way to get shyt done...unfortunately.

Finally...some clear wording on how this mess works.
That's wild. Two gun shops were ready for me to sign on the dotted line for a glock-17 and those had 17rd mags.
I practice at a range with a glock-19 that holds 15rds all the time.
I don't see why the rifle version carbine of the same gun would be a problem.
I took the plunge and paid someone to outsource this headache and find me an S2K this morning, cost me a 1/4 of my budget but fukk it...I want this damn gun.
So far he's got a lead in Baltimore of all places...what irony.

Rekorb

Banned
Daps
Not sure if buck shot would stop a bear, but I think a .44 mag would so I will agree with you there. A shotgun for home defense is a good option because it is a short range high damage weapon. You will also not have to deal with over penetration when shots are missed in a home. When I was doing research on this everyone said get a shotgun, but if you are not used to shooting one it is a shock to the system ie my wife shooting the gun. It is also a lot harder to get proficient with 00 buck shot out a 12 gauge. The kick takes a lot to get used to. Easier to get good shooting a striker fired pistol using cheap ball ammo. You can mix in hotter hollow point loads to practice with your home defense rounds as well. To each his own! I saw buy what ever and get good at it, but there are reasons that 9mm and 12 gauge shotguns are popular.

9 mm????

I have a 9 mm, I felt like I might as well have a bat.

9 mm is for conceal carry cause that revolver might shoot through 2 or 3 people so over penetration is an issue.

I went and got the revolver, it might shoot through walls so over penetration is an issue, I better practice my aim.

Might as well get that revolver if violence is on the table. I want something that will turn someone inside out so things can be abruptly.

2dsod34.jpg
2dsod34.jpg

@Stir Fry @skeetsinternal @David_TheMan @Money Mase @nikkahs B. Wildin @m0rninggl0ry @JKT @beaniemac @ReignAsKing @ProfessionallyTrill @Buckeye Fever

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
9 mm????

9 mm is for conceal carry cause that revolver might shoot through 2 or 3 people so over penetration is an issue.

I went and got the revolver, it might shoot through walls so over penetration is an issue, I better practice my aim.

Might as well get that revolver if violence is on the table. I want something that will turn someone inside out so things can be abruptly.

2dsod34.jpg
2dsod34.jpg

@Stir Fry @skeetsinternal @David_TheMan @Money Mase @nikkahs B. Wildin @m0rninggl0ry @JKT @beaniemac @ReignAsKing @ProfessionallyTrill @Buckeye Fever
I want a revolver so bad. I done seen revolvers put holes so big in shyt, you'd be like :wtf:

Some of them got a hell of a kick back too.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
9 mm????

2dsod34.jpg
2dsod34.jpg

Thanks to technology, 9mm is fine for self defense now as long as you feed it with some good hollowpoints. It gets kind of boring shooting at the range, but in an actual shootout, you'll be glad when your follow ups are actually staying on target.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
9 mm????

2dsod34.jpg
2dsod34.jpg

Cool, just bought this:

OweOkhO.jpg

Have yet to shoot it. $300 CZ-75 clone. :myman:

Finding clips for it is tough, tho :francis:

Rekorb

Banned
Daps
Cool, just bought this:

OweOkhO.jpg

Have yet to shoot it. $300 CZ-75 clone. :myman:

Finding clips for it is tough, tho :francis:

Damn that sucks, and you would hate to have an unreliable clip in your pistol.

Looks good, price is good as hell. Let me know how it shoots, for $300 I would be tempted to buy two.

Rekorb

Banned
Daps
I have the SAR K2 45, its like a CZ-97B clone mixed with a Sig
All steel and heavy, but a Great Shooter in 45 ACP... Copped for like 370

What. The. fukk.

All steel pistols are expensive as hell.

How does it shoot? That is a good price.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Damn that sucks, and you would hate to have an unreliable clip in your pistol.

I should clarify it's hard to find clips for cheap--the OEM sells them for $36/each + $10 shipping. :shaq2:

Cheapest I found was on CheaperThanDirt.com for $25-ish. Too broke to cop right now. :to:

I have the SAR K2 45, its like a CZ-97B clone mixed with a Sig
All steel and heavy, but a Great Shooter in 45 ACP... Copped for like 370

Interesting...:bpohh:

Mines is poly, them all-steel ones is nice tho