Banned
Daps

brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north
Brehs made that purchase a couple weeks ago and grabbed the Glock 19.

Been debating on the G43,26,19.

I shot them all over 3 different occasions in a month.

The goal is to have a CCW. The 19 is on the larger side but it shoots so well and I can cc it.

The 43 was too snappy and I didn't completely love how it fit in my hand. My fingers felt to close to the end of the Barrell. Felt like I was shooting my hand off. The 26, didn't feel like enough grip in my hand. The 19 fit perfect.l, shoot well those follow up shots were on target. Unlike the 43.

Still in the market fora summer CCW. I can conceal the 19. But if I can find a sitter for stack that I can shoot comfortability that will be the pick.

Any options brehs?
i'm in the same boat, have a gen 4 g19 but it's way too bulky for me to conceal carry

i haven't fired any of the subcompacts like the g43 but i keep reading the walther pps m2 in 9mm is damn near the best pistol for summer ccw needs, i plan on buying one once my funds allow

ByAnyMeans

Rookie
Daps
i'm in the same boat, have a gen 4 g19 but it's way too bulky for me to conceal carry

i haven't fired any of the subcompacts like the g43 but i keep reading the walther pps m2 in 9mm is damn near the best pistol for summer ccw needs, i plan on buying one once my funds allow

Heading to google. I thought I could conceal the G19. I mean I can easily in winter and fall. But in summer i notice it.

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
Brehs made that purchase a couple weeks ago and grabbed the Glock 19.

Been debating on the G43,26,19.

I shot them all over 3 different occasions in a month.

The goal is to have a CCW. The 19 is on the larger side but it shoots so well and I can cc it.

The 43 was too snappy and I didn't completely love how it fit in my hand. My fingers felt to close to the end of the Barrell. Felt like I was shooting my hand off. The 26, didn't feel like enough grip in my hand. The 19 fit perfect.l, shoot well those follow up shots were on target. Unlike the 43.

Still in the market fora summer CCW. I can conceal the 19. But if I can find a sitter for stack that I can shoot comfortability that will be the pick.

Any options brehs?
Get the Glock 19 its a good compromise between size and capcity

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Depends what for. Home & self defense a pistol is usually better, for hunting and competitions of course the rifle
Disagree, home and self defense if you have a choice, better a rifle than a pistol.
I only have a pistol for concealed carry, outside of that I can't think of a thing it does better than shotguns or rifles.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Disagree, home and self defense if you have a choice, better a rifle than a pistol.
I only have a pistol for concealed carry, outside of that I can't think of a thing it does better than shotguns or rifles.

Yeah, a pistol to me is a last resort weapon or a tool to use to get you through a situation until you can get to your rifle or shotgun. In short, a sidearm.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
ATF found LA-area police selling hard-to-get weapons, some that ended up at crime scenes

By: Brian Day (Brian.Day@sgvn.com)

POSTED: Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 4:11 p.m.
UPDATED: 5 DAYS AGO

AR-170419768.jpg

Officers of the Pasadena Police Department gather along with deputies from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and agents from the FBI on Wilson Avenue and Maple Street on March 14, 2013 during a shooting investigation. (SGVN/Photo by Walt Mancini/SXCity)

LOS ANGELES >> The head of the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in Los Angeles has cautioned Southland police departments to watch out for the "growing trend" of law enforcement officers engaging in unlicensed, illegal firearms dealing.

In an advisory distributed to area police and sheriff's departments and dated March 31, Special Agent in Charge of the ATF in Los Angeles Eric D. Harden warned that the agency has learned of an "emerging problem" with respect to law enforcement officers buying and then reselling guns, in possible violation of federal firearms law.

The involved guns include many which are considered "off-roster" under California law, meaning that they can be purchased only by law enforcement officers and are not available to the general public.

"Recently, ATF has discovered that some law enforcement officers who do not have a (Federal Firearms License) are purchasing 'off roster' firearms and reselling those firearms to non-law enforcement entities for a profit," Harden wrote.

Some of the weapons have turned up at crime scenes.

"In some instances, ATF has discovered officers who purchased more than 100 'off roster' firearms that were subsequently transferred to non-law enforcement individuals," Harden continued. "Such transactions potentially constitute violations of federal firearms laws, to include dealing firearms without a FFL, and lying on a federal firearms form when purchasing said firearm - also known as 'straw purchasing.' "

Officials declined to provide details regarding the incidents described in the advisory.

ATF agents conducted a search at a Sierra Madre home of a Pasadena police lieutenant on Feb. 16. Officials reportedly seized numerous large gun cases from the home, though no arrests were made. Federal officials released no information about the raid, and Pasadena police have deferred to the ATF for comment.

ATF Spokeswoman Ginger Colburn said the agency could not discuss whether the February raid helped prompt the ATF advisory.

"As a matter of (Department of Justice) policy, ATF cannot comment on any ongoing investigation or confirm individuals involved," she said.

The lieutenant remains on paid leave pending the investigation, Pasadena Police Chief Phillip Sanchez said. He declined to comment further.

The involved lieutenant has also declined to comment.

While individuals can sell personal firearms without a federal firearms license, anyone engaged in the business of firearms sales must obtain a federal license, Colburn said.

Harden also noted in the letter that filling out paperwork while purchasing a firearm to indicate the weapon for personal use while intending to sell it or otherwise give to someone else is also a federal crime for anyone, including law enforcement.

A conviction for dealing in firearms without a license carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Making a false statement to a Federal firearms licensee when acquiring a firearm carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Harden's advisory described the issue as a "growing trend."

"ATF believed education is the most effective way to stop the growing trend of law enforcement officials engaging in the business of unlicensed firearms dealings," Harden said in the advisory. "It is our goal to educate, not investigate, to ensure law enforcement officials comply with federal law in order to avoid unnecessary public embarrassment to themselves and your Department/Agency."

But he added, "When presented with compelling evidence of flagrant violations of federal firearms laws, ATF is obligated to conduct a criminal investigation."

Via: ATF found LA-area police selling hard-to-get weapons, some that ended up at crime scenes

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
Do you prefer a pistol gripped shotgun or traditional stock for home defense

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house

A shotgun would be better for home defense. Especially if you live in a crowded area or if there are a lot of people in your home. Rifle rounds and even high power slugs from a hand gun will tear through drywall and can cause damage out side of your home. Don't want to hit your neighbor when your are trying to protect your home.

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house
Glocks can be snappy guns to shoot even in 9mm, but the aftermarket is so plentiful with aftermarket parts it is usually the best fit for most. I am more fond of da/sa action pistols but I love my vp9. All depends on what you want to use your gun for.