Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Going to get my sights installed some time this week and hopefully get some extended slide release on it. I don't like the stock one

• Dap
Reactions: JKT

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
SHOT Show 2017 Media Day over, I'll start posting some highlights IMHO.
If you have anything interesting you saw post as well.

SHOT Show 2017: News, Rumors, New Guns and More
Smith and Wesson M&P Gen 2
IMG_1813.jpg

This hudson is my new favorite designed semiauto handgun
Hudson H9
Hudson-H9-1.jpg

Hudson-H9.jpg

The Revolutionary Hudson H9

FightLite MXR
FightLite-MXR.jpg

FightLite will introduce the MXR platform at the SHOT Show. The MXR will come in submachine gun form for government purchase, and in pistol and rifle models for the rest of us. The base gun is chambered in 9mm, but is designed to easily convert to other calibers including .22 LR and .45 ACP. The guns are designed to feed from different handgun magazines such as those made by Glock and SIG SAUER. For those not familiar with the name FightLite, this is simply the new company name for Ares Defense.

If they can get this platform on the sub 900 range I'm in.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So I got my sights installed at this place called Central Texas Gun Works. Black owned.

One of the people there told me about the classes going on because I asked about CHL.

The interesting thing he told me was that the owner makes it a POINT to have classes on MLK Day because he was denied a gun license before just because he was black. Glad I supported the breh today :salute:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
So I got my sights installed at this place called Central Texas Gun Works. Black owned.

One of the people there told me about the classes going on because I asked about CHL.

The interesting thing he told me was that the owner makes it a POINT to have classes on MLK Day because he was denied a gun license before just because he was black. Glad I supported the breh today :salute:

Thats pretty nice, thats a black business I could support.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Day 1:
Desert tech bullpup 308 finally seen out in the wild
shot-show-day-one-23.jpg

shot-show-day-one-24.jpg

–1012– Desert Tech Internally suppressed 308, ambidextrous mag release, charging handle and safety. You can change out the calibers by switching out the barrel.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Crye SIX12 Update | SHOT 2017

IMG_9622-660x495.jpg

IMG_9621.jpg

IMG_9625-1.jpg

IMG_9620-1.jpg

IMG_9629.jpg

Crye has the SIX12 at SHOT Show again. This time they have a separate booth from all the Multicam gear. The booth was being stationed by two guys from Vantage Arms. Vantage Arms is the company manufacturing the SIX12. According to Eric D’Ambrosio-Correll and Yruy Karfiol, they are shooting for Q3 to begin accepting orders and Q4 to begin shipping.

The SIX12 will retail for $1800.

It will be sold only as a full length Shotgun. It will be up to the customer to file the appropriate paperwork if you want to run shorter barrels.

Unfortunately since the SIX12 will only be sold as a shotgun, you cannot file it as AOW. They could sell it as a firearm, like the Black Aces Tactical guns and the new Mossberg 500. Where the overall length is over 26 inches but it never had a stock. A brace would help. At the moment they have no intention to go this route.

Replacement cylinder pricing is yet to be determined.

They also will have a not so scary looking sporting version with wood furniture. As you can see below, the barrels are threaded for chokes.

Here is the full length barreled SIX12 mounted under an SBR. It is silly but just imagine if you had this set up on an 18″ barreled AR. Other than the tax stamp needed for the SBR, the shotgun is still classified as a shotgun since OAL requirements and barrel length requirements have been met.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
For those of you looking for concealed carry
Taurus has a new line of 380 pistols out called spectrum that they introduced at SHOT.

Taurus-Spectrum-5.jpg

Taurus-Spectrum-7.jpg

Taurus-Spectrum-14.jpg

The basics: the Spectrum is a .380 ACP subcompact pistol in the same general category as the Ruger LCP and Kel-Tec P-3AT. Taurus designed this gun to be a true double-action only pistol that is striker fired. It is slightly wider and rounded around the grip making it markedly more comfortable to hold than either of the previous two company’s pistols.