Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I'm not a gun person but I think I'm finally coming around. :snoop:

What's a good starter pistol?
Also, I thought revolvers were the best guns to have... because they never jam.

If you have money, tbh you should get two pistols. One for home defense like a snub nose 38 or 357. Another can be a 22 (don't laugh) pistol. The 22 is for target shooting to get you acclimated to using a gun. 22 ammo is hella cheaper though you should still practice with the 38/357 to keep knowing how to use it.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
what the difference between a wasr-10 & ak ?

Just like @dLclassic said, WASR is the manufacturer of the parts (Romanian). Since fully assembled AK-47s can't be imported anymore, the parts are imported by US gun makers (like Century Arms) and then assembled. The WASR-10 is one of the better and more reliable ones though it isn't top of the line. Century Arms also makes a slightly cheaper 100% American AK-47 clone called the RAS-47 that has some subtle differences with an AK but still fires the same 7.62x39 ammo.

Another US made AK that is even cheaper is the I.O. Inc. AKM 247 which is probably one of the cheaper intro AKs. However, I.O. in the past had huge quality issues though it is reportedly much better since they moved to Florida. I would look online for feedback before buying that gun.

Also for the 7.62x39 ammo you have the steel case or brass case. Brass is easier on your barrel and helps your gun last a long time but if you don't mind replacing the barrel (30k firings or so) or will upgrade to another gun, you can use the cheaper steel case despite the wear it puts on the gun.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
What's some not too expensive shyt yaw recommend for a beginner?

To be honest, if you want to start with a rifle, just get like a Ruger 22 semiautomatic. Relatively cheap and you can learn about shooting, cleaning, etc. Also 22 is usually the only rifle you can use at a lot of gun ranges. For pistol a 38 revolver is a good start if you want something for home defense.

Also take a local NRA gun safety and training course.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If you have money, tbh you should get two pistols. One for home defense like a snub nose 38 or 357. Another can be a 22 (don't laugh) pistol. The 22 is for target shooting to get you acclimated to using a gun. 22 ammo is hella cheaper though you should still practice with the 38/357 to keep knowing how to use it.

Tbh I would only recommend a. 22 as a starter gun for a chick

9mm or higher ftw.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
I know I've posted earlier in this thread.
The Mr bought an ar15 today.
Something extra in the house in these post election times.

Finally got my license switched over to Texas so I can get my open carry permit after the holidays.

Make sure he learns how to clean and maintain it. ARs are good guns but they will jam on your ass if not cared for. Narrow clearances make it much less robust than the AKs. Still a good gun though.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
To be honest, if you want to start with a rifle, just get like a Ruger 22 semiautomatic. Relatively cheap and you can learn about shooting, cleaning, etc. Also 22 is usually the only rifle you can use at a lot of gun ranges. For pistol a 38 revolver is a good start if you want something for home defense.

Also take a local NRA gun safety and training course.
Can you post a link for the rifle? Google showing pistols.

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
I made an impulse buy& purchased the WASR & a MP 40. I shot the 40 today & that kickback was real but got easier to handle after a while

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Can you post a link for the rifle? Google showing pistols.

top.jpg

Man don't get this shyt less you gonna go hunting