Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Check out S&W M&P 2.0, Sig 320 and some 1911's (Springfield). They are good for people with small hands, the grips are small.

It's best to go to the range and try different guns, glocks tend to have larger grips.

Are you looking for a fullsize or compact handgun?
Honestly don’t know the real difference. I just know i want something that holds enough if i ever have to use it here in philly. I also might want to modify it later on

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Honestly don’t know the real difference. I just know i want something that holds enough if i ever have to use it here in philly. I also might want to modify it later on

The difference between full size and compact is the barrel length. Here is an example different barrel lengths of Sig P320:

P320s-1140x684.jpg

The ammount of ammo will depend on the capacity of the magazine, but also the gun, to a certain extent.

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The difference between full size and compact is the barrel length. Here is an example different barrel lengths of Sig P320:

P320s-1140x684.jpg

The ammount of ammo will depend on the capacity of the magazine, but also the gun, to a certain extent.
fukk it Glock 48 here i come

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
think you should try the rental thing first breh, you really don't want to buy something that feels unnatural, especially since it sounds like you only want the one piece for carry use. i looked up a couple shops in your area:

Rentals - Pocono Pistol Range
Classic Pistol Indoor Range features armored shooting booths, HEPA filtered air systems, and bright HD lighting. All handgun and most rifle calibers allowed.
Gun Rentals - Target World Inc.
unfortunately only pocono pistol lists their inventory + range prices + rental prices, it's a lil on the high end especially if you wanna try out a lot of different pistols. not gonna lie, the other two are probably gonna get expensive if you wanna try out a lot too. :mjcry: but that's just the nature of ranges around big cities with restrictive laws.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yeah. Theres absolutely no reason why you can't and shouldn't go to a range and shoot a variety of pistols.

Would you blindly just accept random advice on a pair of shoes? Knowing each make and style fit differently? An informed consumer would not. Regardless of look or price.

Go to a range, rent and shoot a couple of guns and look toward buying the one that feels right for you.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y’all right imma head to the range and try before i buy but y’all upgrading y’all sights or naw

Try to buy a gun with night sights. Might cost you $100 more but its worth it.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Any new purchases gents? Any training? I've been working on my accuracy and I did some tactical training a few weeks ago. Essentially maneuvering behind vehicles. Also running and throwing sandbags before shooting at targets to simulate stress.

Y'all better be ready if shyt pops off in 2020 :ufdup:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Any new purchases gents? Any training? I've been working on my accuracy and I did some tactical training a few weeks ago. Essentially maneuvering behind vehicles. Also running and throwing sandbags before shooting at targets to simulate stress.

Y'all better be ready if shyt pops off in 2020 :ufdup:

doing a tactical CQB class in a month

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I just bought a Mossberg 590 Shockwave 410. Cool little shotty. I'm not a big gun person so i'm just going to keep this only and have as my home defense weapon.

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
Bud's is running an unbelievable able deal on M&P40c 2nd gen, so I ordered one and was supposed to pick it up when I got delayed by NICS...:stopitslime:. I have bought 2 other guns in the last 2 weeks and got instant approvals each time. There's something fishy about being randomly delayed like this...:jbhmm:

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
What’s a good starter? I’ve never shot a gun, but have been reading up a TINY bit and I'm thinking of getting into them as a side hobby.

Thinking about a Glock 19 eventually or something simple like that, but don't know enough to decide.

Suggestions?

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Bud's is running an unbelievable able deal on M&P40c 2nd gen, so I ordered one and was supposed to pick it up when I got delayed by NICS...:stopitslime:. I have bought 2 other guns in the last 2 weeks and got instant approvals each time. There's something fishy about being randomly delayed like this...:jbhmm:

I believe you're buying a lot of guns in a short time frame, it most likey sent a red flag.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What’s a good starter? I’ve never shot a gun, but have been reading up a TINY bit and I'm thinking of getting into them as a side hobby.

If this is going to be your side hobby then your initial question is invalid. If it's going to be your hobby then your going to be shooting more than one gun, whether you choose to own or rent is on you.

Various models and shyt come out every couple of months or at least a year or 2, ranges get new models and modifications as a hobbyist you'll want to shoot these guns and different guns.

Just go and shoot make your own decisions on what to buy based on what you like.